Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Adrian Chiles alcohol programme on Bbc2 21:23 - Aug 27 with 1772 viewsdickythorpe

Interesting.
Adrian Chiles alcohol programme on Bbc2 on 10:20 - Aug 28 with 1620 viewsCatullus

I read the story and have to admit in so many ways he is right. People do have this attitude that alcohol is the drug you shouldn't refuse. People do treat you differently if you meet in a pub and don't have a beer. "You not drinking tonight" well "I have a coke/squash/water" or whatever so I am drinking but I don't need beer to be social.
I do struggle to wrap my head around how someone can claim to have had an alcoholic drink every day for decades yet can't see there may be a problem. Though I do understand how habitual it can be without being an addiction.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Adrian Chiles alcohol programme on Bbc2 on 13:30 - Aug 28 with 1538 viewsdickythorpe

I seriously think he and others just don't know what to do with their free time. Even more now he's single.
I felt sorry for him.
I think in his head " he's one of the boys" but as life goes on he's not doing much other than working and then drinking. No.doubt he has hangers on feeding an ego.
All of a sudden "fitting in" is.detrimental to your health.
I've had issues with drink and cutting down on it has probably cost me some of my old social life..... But I'm glad.
I'm healthier, get more fresh air visiting the coast and countryside. But the best bit is not wasting the next day struggling to function.
An eye opener of a programme. Just goes to show if can affect anyone regardless of wealth, fame and status.
Those that mock you for not drinking aren't really worth bothering with. But there lies the problem of trying to "fit in"
Why fuel yourself with booze just to listen to shít that drunks blab on about.
Hope he turns it around.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2018 13:33]
Adrian Chiles alcohol programme on Bbc2 on 15:38 - Aug 28 with 1417 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Adrian Chiles alcohol programme on Bbc2 on 13:30 - Aug 28 by dickythorpe

I seriously think he and others just don't know what to do with their free time. Even more now he's single.
I felt sorry for him.
I think in his head " he's one of the boys" but as life goes on he's not doing much other than working and then drinking. No.doubt he has hangers on feeding an ego.
All of a sudden "fitting in" is.detrimental to your health.
I've had issues with drink and cutting down on it has probably cost me some of my old social life..... But I'm glad.
I'm healthier, get more fresh air visiting the coast and countryside. But the best bit is not wasting the next day struggling to function.
An eye opener of a programme. Just goes to show if can affect anyone regardless of wealth, fame and status.
Those that mock you for not drinking aren't really worth bothering with. But there lies the problem of trying to "fit in"
Why fuel yourself with booze just to listen to shít that drunks blab on about.
Hope he turns it around.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2018 13:33]

Watched it on your recommendation, never been a great fan of his, but a very honest programme. I hope he can sort things out for himself.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Adrian Chiles alcohol programme on Bbc2 on 17:01 - Aug 28 with 1352 viewsJohnw102

Having watched it downloaded the app drinkaware the only day I register as be careful is match days! the rest of the time I come up as low risk. Perhaps cut out a couple of pints on match days. Thought provoking program.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Adrian Chiles alcohol programme on Bbc2 on 17:06 - Aug 28 with 1346 viewsmonmouth

Thanks Dicky, will watch.

We're all only a few steps away from disaster. I reckon if I was on my own, I would find it very hard not to turn to the booze.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Adrian Chiles alcohol programme on Bbc2 on 18:32 - Aug 28 with 1276 viewsdickythorpe

Funnily enough I was never a fan of his, I found him a bit cocky and not very interested in guests when he interviewed them. He always seemed to want to come across as more knowledgeable and funnier.
As I watched yesterday I saw an unhappy person, and it upset me.
Hope he and others get help.
Adrian Chiles alcohol programme on Bbc2 on 19:12 - Aug 28 with 1242 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Adrian Chiles alcohol programme on Bbc2 on 18:32 - Aug 28 by dickythorpe

Funnily enough I was never a fan of his, I found him a bit cocky and not very interested in guests when he interviewed them. He always seemed to want to come across as more knowledgeable and funnier.
As I watched yesterday I saw an unhappy person, and it upset me.
Hope he and others get help.

Agree, as the programme went on his struggle seemed to become deeper.

Good luck to him.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Adrian Chiles alcohol programme on Bbc2 on 19:53 - Aug 28 with 1220 viewsBrynCartwright

Drinking too much booze is a very easy thing to do. I learnt to drink heavily at Uni, like pretty much all of my friends. 100 units a week would have been a pretty lightweight week back then.

It's learning to moderate that most people succeed with, but unfortunately a few people fall through the gaps and end up as alcoholics.

I have no problem with having, and enjoying, a quick 'loosener' on my own, even now. Nothing wrong with it at all. As long as it does not effect family life, you remain pretty sober, and do not get behind a wheel I see no problem with it.

These days, I drink, within moderation, at week-ends and have a glass of ale whilst watching University Challenge, as I always have.

Also, whilst some can vilify alcoholics as sub-human scum perhaps it needs to be remembered that some of the most creative of all people have suffered from alcoholism. Dylan Thomas; Graham Chapman; Adrian Chiles

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024