Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ethan Ampadu 12:10 - Nov 8 with 1925 views34dfgdf54

Derby and VIlla both plotting loan moves for Ampadu.

Out of our price range?

Could well be lazy journalism due to the Lampard and Terry links, but I'd like to think we would be in the mix for him if he is coming down to the Championship. Would suit us down to the ground.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2018 12:11]
Ethan Ampadu on 13:11 - Nov 8 with 1796 viewswestwalesed

It's such a no brainer that we should be in for him - would excel in a holding midfield role imo and would provide much needed back up for VdH and Rodon at the back.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Ethan Ampadu on 13:20 - Nov 8 with 1766 viewsjasper_T

Ethan Ampadu on 13:11 - Nov 8 by westwalesed

It's such a no brainer that we should be in for him - would excel in a holding midfield role imo and would provide much needed back up for VdH and Rodon at the back.

Is he a better centreback than CCV or Harries?
Ethan Ampadu on 13:30 - Nov 8 with 1746 viewsbuilthjack

Ethan Ampadu on 13:20 - Nov 8 by jasper_T

He is better as a DM

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Ethan Ampadu on 13:39 - Nov 8 with 1725 viewsairedale

IMO he would be welcome at a handful of PL clubs, never mind the Championship.
Ethan Ampadu on 13:40 - Nov 8 with 1720 viewssplJack

Yes, No brainer. He's class.

I'd be amazed if he dropped down to the Championship.
Ethan Ampadu on 13:49 - Nov 8 with 1695 viewscmajack

Ethan Ampadu on 13:40 - Nov 8 by splJack

Better players than ethan ampadu have dropped down to the championship to get game time and experience. Harry kane and david Beckham to name just two.
Ethan Ampadu on 13:55 - Nov 8 with 1681 viewspembsjack

Not wanting to bring negativity....but.

Do you think we are actually going to bring anyone in during January. If we are midtable I think the yanks will see it as an unnecessary expense.
Ethan Ampadu on 13:58 - Nov 8 with 1674 viewsjack247

Irrelevant. He won’t be primarily used as a centre back wherever he goes.
Login to get fewer ads

Ethan Ampadu on 14:09 - Nov 8 with 1641 viewsbluey_the_blue

Ethan Ampadu on 13:40 - Nov 8 by splJack

I can think of one in the PL where he'd easily be a regular.
Ethan Ampadu on 14:10 - Nov 8 with 1638 viewsbluey_the_blue

Ethan Ampadu on 13:49 - Nov 8 by cmajack

Better players than ethan ampadu have dropped down to the championship to get game time and experience. Harry kane and david Beckham to name just two.

Neither Kane nor Beckham were highly touted in the media prior to breaking into Prem sides.

Neither really excelled in the Championship either.
Ethan Ampadu on 14:27 - Nov 8 with 1583 viewsjasper_T

Ethan Ampadu on 13:58 - Nov 8 by jack247

Irrelevant. He won’t be primarily used as a centre back wherever he goes.

The post I was responding to said he would be "much needed" backup to our starting centrebacks.
Ethan Ampadu on 14:30 - Nov 8 with 1575 viewsjasper_T

Ethan Ampadu on 13:55 - Nov 8 by pembsjack

Not wanting to bring negativity....but.

Do you think we are actually going to bring anyone in during January. If we are midtable I think the yanks will see it as an unnecessary expense.

We were willing to bring in Woods (if the asking price had been half of what he eventually went for) so I don't see why a January loan deal is out of the question, especially if we manage to shift some more of the expensive deadwood beforehand.
Ethan Ampadu on 14:35 - Nov 8 with 1563 views34dfgdf54

Ethan Ampadu on 14:30 - Nov 8 by jasper_T

We were willing to bring in Woods (if the asking price had been half of what he eventually went for) so I don't see why a January loan deal is out of the question, especially if we manage to shift some more of the expensive deadwood beforehand.

If we expected to get Woods was for £3.5m, then it was a waste of time from the start. Would never have happened.

Ampadu would be ideal, but I think the loan fee would be out of our reach, they already pulled our pants down with the Tammy deal imo.
Ethan Ampadu on 16:51 - Nov 8 with 1412 viewsjack247

Ethan Ampadu on 14:27 - Nov 8 by jasper_T

The post I was responding to said he would be "much needed" backup to our starting centrebacks.

Yes, if you cherry pick part of the post and ignore the main bit about him excelling in midfield.
Ethan Ampadu on 16:53 - Nov 8 with 1408 viewsjasper_T

Ethan Ampadu on 16:51 - Nov 8 by jack247

Yes, if you cherry pick part of the post and ignore the main bit about him excelling in midfield.

Are we not allowed to comment on individual parts of a post now? Does everything have to be a comprehensive thesis?

Centre half cover is not "much needed" imo.
Ethan Ampadu on 18:14 - Nov 8 with 1290 viewssplJack

Ethan Ampadu on 13:49 - Nov 8 by cmajack

They were both relatively unknown at the time.

Ampudu is a full international and even on the fringes of the Chelsea first team at 17.

In my opionion he would be a starter for every club in the bottom half of the Prem and the majority would love to get him on loan.
Ethan Ampadu on 18:20 - Nov 8 with 1268 viewsmajorraglan

Ampadu is a quality player and he would make a very good addition to the squad. Will he come here, maybe, his dad played here, mum is Welsh (possibly a Swansea girl?) so he may have family here and he will also know a couple of the lads from the Welsh team, the questions to be asked are can the club afford him and would he disrupt the squad coming in on big wages etc.

Can’t see it, but would love to be proved wrong. If he maintains his development, he could be some player.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2018 18:28]
Ethan Ampadu on 18:31 - Nov 8 with 1236 viewsjack247

Ethan Ampadu on 16:53 - Nov 8 by jasper_T

Are we not allowed to comment on individual parts of a post now? Does everything have to be a comprehensive thesis?

Centre half cover is not "much needed" imo.

Comment on whatever you like, it just seemed to me that was a throwaway part of the post, both because of the way it is written and the fact Ampadu isn’t a centre back.

Irrelevant anyway, he won’t be coming here.
Ethan Ampadu on 20:19 - Nov 8 with 1114 viewsicecoldjack

Ethan Ampadu on 18:20 - Nov 8 by majorraglan

Ampadu is a quality player and he would make a very good addition to the squad. Will he come here, maybe, his dad played here, mum is Welsh (possibly a Swansea girl?) so he may have family here and he will also know a couple of the lads from the Welsh team, the questions to be asked are can the club afford him and would he disrupt the squad coming in on big wages etc.

Can’t see it, but would love to be proved wrong. If he maintains his development, he could be some player.

This is quite a sensible post indeed. Could happen, but depends a lot on the yanks, if one of our young players get sold then it may happen to quash the hate they will face for selling family silver so soon.

Realistically I don't see us doing any business other than sending players out.
Ethan Ampadu on 22:08 - Nov 8 with 1002 viewsbluey_the_blue

Ethan Ampadu on 18:20 - Nov 8 by majorraglan

Absolutely right on the last point.

He has to be loaned out - not featured at all for Chelsea, not even in cup games.

I'd love him to come to us on loan, massive, massive upgrade over Gunnarsson.
Ethan Ampadu on 22:14 - Nov 8 with 987 views34dfgdf54

Ethan Ampadu on 22:08 - Nov 8 by bluey_the_blue

Absolutely right on the last point.

He has to be loaned out - not featured at all for Chelsea, not even in cup games.

I'd love him to come to us on loan, massive, massive upgrade over Gunnarsson.

You miss out the midfield on most occasions.

Don’t see why coming to Cardiff would benefit him. Somewhere like Bournemouth or Fulham then yeah.
Ethan Ampadu on 23:30 - Nov 8 with 925 viewsjasper_T

Ethan Ampadu on 22:14 - Nov 8 by 34dfgdf54

You miss out the midfield on most occasions.

Don’t see why coming to Cardiff would benefit him. Somewhere like Bournemouth or Fulham then yeah.

He'd get a lot of practice breaking up attacks. And would definitely get games. Not a lot of pressure/expectation to turn the team around. Cardiff has a lot to offer a promising defensive player.
Ethan Ampadu on 08:25 - Nov 9 with 766 views34dfgdf54

Ethan Ampadu on 23:30 - Nov 8 by jasper_T

He'd get a lot of practice breaking up attacks. And would definitely get games. Not a lot of pressure/expectation to turn the team around. Cardiff has a lot to offer a promising defensive player.

Fair point.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024