Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Takeover? 12:39 - Sep 17 with 10285 views34dfgdf54

I'm assuming this isn't true, but has anyone heard the same? Can't think of anyone anywhere near wealthy enough to be able to afford to run a football club off the top of my head with Swansea connections...

Takeover? on 12:42 - Sep 17 with 6642 viewsPozuelosSideys

Looking forward to the reaction here when the consortium is revealed as being Morgan, Jenkins, Dineen and some noisy fat Dutch bloke

They'll have made a nice little sum and can do the same again in round 2..

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Takeover? on 12:43 - Sep 17 with 6631 viewsLeonWasGod

That's Dyer off on loan again

No not heard (but unlikely to).
Takeover? on 12:44 - Sep 17 with 6620 viewsLeonWasGod

Takeover? on 12:42 - Sep 17 by PozuelosSideys

Looking forward to the reaction here when the consortium is revealed as being Morgan, Jenkins, Dineen and some noisy fat Dutch bloke

They'll have made a nice little sum and can do the same again in round 2..

Bugger beat me to it, but I was looking for a photo in my defence.
Takeover? on 12:51 - Sep 17 with 6560 viewsBanosswan

Takeover? on 12:44 - Sep 17 by LeonWasGod

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Takeover? on 12:53 - Sep 17 with 6546 viewsPozuelosSideys

Takeover? on 12:44 - Sep 17 by LeonWasGod

I honestly think its a possibility

And that picture of Morgan (like the others of him) just screams League of Gentleman

Can see the tagline of "grit and beauty" being binned off for "This is a local club, for local people"..
[Post edited 17 Sep 2018 12:55]

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Takeover? on 13:00 - Sep 17 with 6504 viewsairedale

Right, so some bloke who can’t afford to buy the club himself, gets a few mates, who also can’t afford to buy the club to have a whip round and they buy the club. What happens then?
Takeover? on 13:01 - Sep 17 with 6501 viewsHighjack

Takeover? on 12:43 - Sep 17 by LeonWasGod

This is a local club for local people we’ll have no trouble here.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Takeover? on 13:38 - Sep 17 with 6307 viewsBrynmill_Jack

So this is what the Res and E20 have been softening us up for. The return of the sellouts!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Login to get fewer ads

Takeover? on 13:41 - Sep 17 with 6290 viewsLeonWasGod

Takeover? on 13:38 - Sep 17 by Brynmill_Jack

So this is what the Res and E20 have been softening us up for. The return of the sellouts!

I's like to know what all that business was about with Tutumlu in the summer. When he was trying to paper over the rumours about his bust up with Jenkins. I wonder if there's some unfinished business there.
Takeover? on 13:48 - Sep 17 with 6249 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Takeover? on 13:41 - Sep 17 by LeonWasGod

I's like to know what all that business was about with Tutumlu in the summer. When he was trying to paper over the rumours about his bust up with Jenkins. I wonder if there's some unfinished business there.

If that is the case Mr Morgan is unlikely to be involved. Mrs Morgan may lump on though if the terms are right.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Takeover? on 14:02 - Sep 17 with 6179 viewsoldcob

Coming shortly to your local cinema; From A Jack to a King (2)
Takeover? on 14:17 - Sep 17 with 6109 viewsA_Fans_Dad

" Can't think of anyone anywhere near wealthy enough to be able to afford to run a football club off the top of my head with Swansea connections... "

Do the people involved have to be wealthy to "run" the club over the next 2 years?
The Yanks certainly haven't actually put any money in to running the club other than short term loans.

They will have to be pretty wealthy to actually buy the club though.
Takeover? on 15:14 - Sep 17 with 5946 viewsDyfnant

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alisher_Usmanov
massive swans fan

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Takeover? on 15:30 - Sep 17 with 5871 viewsKGriz16

I'm not sure about a takeover, but I have heard several times over that the Swans (as a football club) are for sale? Not sure in the truth about that though. Americans have said different in recent interviews.
Takeover? on 15:35 - Sep 17 with 5830 viewsomarjack

I wish we can be owned by some rich bastard who wants a trophy club to show off in front of his other rich friends.

Instead, we've got ourselves some allegedly p!ss poor w@nkers who are only in it to scheme the cream of the financial accounts, then plead ignorance and poverty.

Enough with them holding the club hostage. It's embarrassing. Other clubs keep investing, trying to improve as time goes on. Us? lol..the less said, the better.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Takeover? on 15:42 - Sep 17 with 5785 viewsNookiejack

How would it work with pending litigation.
Takeover? on 15:42 - Sep 17 with 5783 viewsthornabyswan

Takeover? on 12:43 - Sep 17 by LeonWasGod

Yes he has ripped up his 32 grand contract and about to sign for Port Tennant Colts on a free is quoted as saying it's not just about money at my age I really need to be playing football.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2018 15:43]

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Takeover? on 16:02 - Sep 17 with 5686 viewsthornabyswan

Takeover? on 15:42 - Sep 17 by Nookiejack

How would it work with pending litigation.

Fukcing hell it has took 3 years for nothing to happen that would really hold things up.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Takeover? on 19:11 - Sep 17 with 5233 viewsBadlands

Now is not the time.
Is another group going to pump £hundreds of millions of there own money in to the club?
No.
And, the reason we looked to offload the running g of the club was mainly because the local board were losing control of the finances. And a major reason why cuts are having to be so hard.

But is this just another angle to keep attacking the club?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Takeover? on 20:14 - Sep 17 with 5019 viewsLeonWasGod

Takeover? on 19:11 - Sep 17 by Badlands

Now is not the time.
Is another group going to pump £hundreds of millions of there own money in to the club?
No.
And, the reason we looked to offload the running g of the club was mainly because the local board were losing control of the finances. And a major reason why cuts are having to be so hard.

“Another”? I must have missed the first group.

Not sure “losing control” accurately reflects what was reported at the time either, but what do I know.
Takeover? on 20:19 - Sep 17 with 4993 viewsBadlands

Takeover? on 20:14 - Sep 17 by LeonWasGod

“Another”? I must have missed the first group.

Not sure “losing control” accurately reflects what was reported at the time either, but what do I know.

A year before the takeover there were squeaky bums and and Jenkins suggesting our finances could not continue showing up in the black.
I recall him also saying there had to be a more full time professional support to run different aspects of the club.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Takeover? on 20:31 - Sep 17 with 4917 viewsDewi1jack

Now is not the time.
No.

So far no one has pumped £hundreds of millions into the club.

£68 million or so into some greedy fat sh1tehouses though.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Takeover? on 20:39 - Sep 17 with 4861 viewsUxbridge

Now is not the time.
No.

"And, the reason we looked to offload the running g of the club was mainly because the local board were losing control of the finances"

That's not true really is it, unless you think the likes of Rob Davies were altruistic Swans fans who just wanted the club to thrive. The club was sold because the former owners wanted to cash out. There's actually nothing wrong with that, so at least be honest about it. The issue was always the way they conducted it.

There's a bit I can agree with though. I don't think looking for someone to plough large amounts of money into the club, usually in the form of debt, is in the club's best interests. The club should be self sufficient where possible, cash flow smoothing aside. Look at Bolton now for the latest cautionary tale.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Takeover? on 20:41 - Sep 17 with 4840 viewsMoscowJack

Takeover? on 20:19 - Sep 17 by Badlands

A year before the takeover there were squeaky bums and and Jenkins suggesting our finances could not continue showing up in the black.
I recall him also saying there had to be a more full time professional support to run different aspects of the club.

Very true, Badlands, and that's why it made so much sense selling up!

BUT.....selling to a group that's essentially not able or willing to spend a penny more than the old board did was a mistake. I understand why some of them were so desperate to sell, but it doesn't make it any less wrong....

I genuinely hope there's no truth in the rumour of the old board taking the club over again. I think there's too much bad blood to ever see the the fans and that board united again. The ONLY way I could POSSIBLY see it POSSIBLY working would be if the old board brought in a benevolent multi-billionaire with them, but that's not going to happen, is it?

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Takeover? on 20:48 - Sep 17 with 4797 viewslonglostjack

Takeover? on 20:41 - Sep 17 by MoscowJack

Very true, Badlands, and that's why it made so much sense selling up!

BUT.....selling to a group that's essentially not able or willing to spend a penny more than the old board did was a mistake. I understand why some of them were so desperate to sell, but it doesn't make it any less wrong....

I genuinely hope there's no truth in the rumour of the old board taking the club over again. I think there's too much bad blood to ever see the the fans and that board united again. The ONLY way I could POSSIBLY see it POSSIBLY working would be if the old board brought in a benevolent multi-billionaire with them, but that's not going to happen, is it?

Or if the old Board did a deal with the Trust to compensate them for the fact that they were unfairly prejudiced in the sale to the Yanks. That would go a long way to creating the unity that HJ referred to in his programme notes on Saturday.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024