Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just 1 defeat in 7 league games 👍 20:00 - Sep 15 with 4478 viewsBarryTownSwam

Decent start by Potter and our young team. Can only grow stronger as the season continues. Few key men to come back from injury and strengthen us further. COYS
Just 1 defeat in 7 league games 👍 on 20:12 - Sep 15 with 3363 viewsOldjack

ask the Scrooges for some dosh in January for Potter to purchase some better tools and we'll be fine ,failing that who knows

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Just 1 defeat in 7 league games 👍 on 20:17 - Sep 15 with 3344 viewsdonkonky

Yep great start, if only we could get Bony and Fer back on the pitch together. Along with Carter Vickers there would be a bit of strength in the spine of the team. Our young players would thrive with a bit of experience to back them up.
Just 1 defeat in 7 league games 👍 on 20:20 - Sep 15 with 3326 viewsangryjack

Mid table,,you say players to come back but gauranteed we lose more as well, we needed extra bodies ffs playing naughton in midfielders ok he done ok but square pegs in round holes eventually catch up with us starving kants should spent or loaned
Just 1 defeat in 7 league games 👍 on 20:20 - Sep 15 with 3324 viewsmagicdaps10

The team and management are working wonders.

You just hope the board will see this and will support Potter but realistically we all know it will get ripped apart come January by those money fuelled pigs in charge.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Just 1 defeat in 7 league games 👍 on 20:31 - Sep 15 with 3266 viewsLord_Bony

Yeah if we d won this by just 1.0 today we d be top of the league or thereabouts.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Just 1 defeat in 7 league games 👍 on 20:38 - Sep 15 with 3231 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The problem is we are NOT likely to get stronger when teams like Forest are allowed to kick the sh!t out of our players, it will take it's toll.
Just 1 defeat in 7 league games 👍 on 20:40 - Sep 15 with 3222 viewsbuilthjack

Just 1 defeat in 7 league games 👍 on 20:17 - Sep 15 by donkonky

Yep great start, if only we could get Bony and Fer back on the pitch together. Along with Carter Vickers there would be a bit of strength in the spine of the team. Our young players would thrive with a bit of experience to back them up.

Bony was on the pitch...... doing the draw for the trust raffle!!

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Just 1 defeat in 7 league games 👍 on 20:42 - Sep 15 with 3201 viewsJango

Just 1 defeat in 7 league games 👍 on 20:20 - Sep 15 by angryjack

Mid table,,you say players to come back but gauranteed we lose more as well, we needed extra bodies ffs playing naughton in midfielders ok he done ok but square pegs in round holes eventually catch up with us starving kants should spent or loaned

Fer, Bony, Carroll, Olsson, Celina, Fulton and Montero all injured or unfit at one time. No championship club can afford to have the depth to cover injuries like that. Just incredibly unlucky at the moment. It will hopefully get better. Still 6th and we haven’t been able to play a regular 11 yet.
Login to get fewer ads

Just 1 defeat in 7 league games 👍 on 20:44 - Sep 15 with 3175 viewslonglostjack

Just 1 defeat in 7 league games 👍 on 20:38 - Sep 15 by A_Fans_Dad

The problem is we are NOT likely to get stronger when teams like Forest are allowed to kick the sh!t out of our players, it will take it's toll.

Yes. Nothing wrong with a couple of robust tackles but there was some really cynical nasty stuff going on today and the ref didn’t apply the rules.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Just 1 defeat in 7 league games 👍 on 20:49 - Sep 15 with 3145 viewslondonlisa2001

Just 1 defeat in 7 league games 👍 on 20:42 - Sep 15 by Jango

Fer, Bony, Carroll, Olsson, Celina, Fulton and Montero all injured or unfit at one time. No championship club can afford to have the depth to cover injuries like that. Just incredibly unlucky at the moment. It will hopefully get better. Still 6th and we haven’t been able to play a regular 11 yet.

Celina and Fulton started. Olsson was on the bench. Bony being unfit isn’t unlucky, it’s what he is.

Was Caroll unfit or just not used?

Fer is a huge loss for us, as we didn’t bother to get any back up for him whatsoever. We have got 7 or 8 wingers though.
Just 1 defeat in 7 league games 👍 on 20:51 - Sep 15 with 3135 viewsangryjack

Just 1 defeat in 7 league games 👍 on 20:42 - Sep 15 by Jango

for start bony been injured for months that's why we needed signings as cover we knew there be injuries and suspensions along the way that's why clubs have strong squads can't expect ollie to keep playing 2 games a week without a break won't be long until he's injured otherwise scandalous we never added to our playing staff
Just 1 defeat in 7 league games 👍 on 20:57 - Sep 15 with 3116 viewsJango

Just 1 defeat in 7 league games 👍 on 20:49 - Sep 15 by londonlisa2001

Celina and Fulton started. Olsson was on the bench. Bony being unfit isn’t unlucky, it’s what he is.

Fer is a huge loss for us, as we didn’t bother to get any back up for him whatsoever. We have got 7 or 8 wingers though.

Yes but they were both unfit for the 2nd half meaning along with Carrol and Fer we were without 4 of the 5 senior players capable of playing midfield. Why would we have no midfielder on the bench if he was fit. I’m assuming olsson was unfit.
Just 1 defeat in 7 league games 👍 on 20:59 - Sep 15 with 3095 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Just 1 defeat in 7 league games 👍 on 20:49 - Sep 15 by londonlisa2001

Tom has a hip injury, no idea how serious.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Just 1 defeat in 7 league games 👍 on 21:00 - Sep 15 with 3093 viewsJango

Just 1 defeat in 7 league games 👍 on 20:51 - Sep 15 by angryjack

for start bony been injured for months that's why we needed signings as cover we knew there be injuries and suspensions along the way that's why clubs have strong squads can't expect ollie to keep playing 2 games a week without a break won't be long until he's injured otherwise scandalous we never added to our playing staff

We are 6th in the league still people are moaning about our lack of depth. Leeds United are top and were playing a kid up front today. If everyone was fit we’d have a top 6 team easily. Hopefully we’ll get a bit of luck going forward with injuries
Just 1 defeat in 7 league games 👍 on 21:26 - Sep 15 with 2996 viewsjasper_T

For extra positivity, 3 of the teams we've played so far are ahead of us. Only Boro and Brentford to go and the rest are easy games.
Just 1 defeat in 7 league games 👍 on 21:45 - Sep 15 with 2906 viewsjack2jack

Just 1 defeat in 7 league games 👍 on 21:26 - Sep 15 by jasper_T

For extra positivity, 3 of the teams we've played so far are ahead of us. Only Boro and Brentford to go and the rest are easy games.

I don't disagree, that up till now, Potter has done a wonderful job,my only fear is that as the season goes on, it will get tougher and tougher, it's been said that this is a tough league and from what I've seen so far it is, we still need a midfield enforcer, and as good a OMc is he can't do it all by himself all season.
We need a couple of quality playes brought in the January window, or I can see us really struggle towards the end of the season, and I'm not talking of the play off places, forget that, I'm talking of stabilising us, for the long term, and to consolidate our place in this division.
Just 1 defeat in 7 league games 👍 on 21:50 - Sep 15 with 2880 viewslonglostjack

Just 1 defeat in 7 league games 👍 on 21:45 - Sep 15 by jack2jack

I don't disagree, that up till now, Potter has done a wonderful job,my only fear is that as the season goes on, it will get tougher and tougher, it's been said that this is a tough league and from what I've seen so far it is, we still need a midfield enforcer, and as good a OMc is he can't do it all by himself all season.
We need a couple of quality playes brought in the January window, or I can see us really struggle towards the end of the season, and I'm not talking of the play off places, forget that, I'm talking of stabilising us, for the long term, and to consolidate our place in this division.

My worry is that the Yanks will be open for offers for some of our young talent in the January window. Going into the second half of the season we would then be well and truly up shit creek without a paddle.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Just 1 defeat in 7 league games 👍 on 21:56 - Sep 15 with 2854 viewsjack2jack

Just 1 defeat in 7 league games 👍 on 21:50 - Sep 15 by longlostjack

My worry is that the Yanks will be open for offers for some of our young talent in the January window. Going into the second half of the season we would then be well and truly up shit creek without a paddle.

That is worry to be sure, if we are trying to build something, the last thing we need is for some of our young talent to be tapped up, by the bigger clubs, we need cohesion and stability, with an injection of a bit of experience, especially with some of our key players, dogged by injury's.
Just 1 defeat in 7 league games 👍 on 23:10 - Sep 15 with 2727 viewsmonmouth

Just 1 defeat in 7 league games 👍 on 21:56 - Sep 15 by jack2jack

That is worry to be sure, if we are trying to build something, the last thing we need is for some of our young talent to be tapped up, by the bigger clubs, we need cohesion and stability, with an injection of a bit of experience, especially with some of our key players, dogged by injury's.

I’m not a fan of the Wanckee hedgers, but I don’t believe this analysis. They will be trying to stabilise with the current wage bill, get shot of Routy, Nath, Narsy and the Boner off the wage bill, and then add a few players in the summer for a PL push. It’s the only sensible investment strategy.. if we fail to get back up over the next two years, I think we’ll be abandoned in hedge fund investment terms. At the moment, I really do think we are still ‘live’.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Just 1 defeat in 7 league games 👍 on 23:45 - Sep 15 with 2668 viewsdickythorpe

It's still very early days. The routine of playing 2-3 games every 9-10 games hasn't kicked in yet.
We will not be able to begin to analyse the challengers and also rans in this league for a couple of months.

There are so many variables that affect teams in this league.
Just 1 defeat in 7 league games 👍 on 06:30 - Sep 16 with 2496 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Just 1 defeat in 7 league games 👍 on 23:45 - Sep 15 by dickythorpe

It's still very early days. The routine of playing 2-3 games every 9-10 games hasn't kicked in yet.
We will not be able to begin to analyse the challengers and also rans in this league for a couple of months.

There are so many variables that affect teams in this league.

Great point, and it's pretty annoying to hear so many people say, matter-of-factly, "promotion isn't the goal this season."

While I agree and understand that re-establishing a positive, distinct identity is of course a huge goal, it's simply too early to say we are (or aren't) good enough to be in the conversation for promotion. The Swans' form could get a lot worse in the long haul, but it could also get better.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Just 1 defeat in 7 league games 👍 on 06:38 - Sep 16 with 2487 viewsangryjack

Just 1 defeat in 7 league games 👍 on 21:26 - Sep 15 by jasper_T

Easy games lol...it's only seven games in and we have injuries wait until 15 game's in and the cold weather kicks in then we see how down to our bare bones we are,,,we only got a couple injuries now and we utilsing it by playing players out of position ,Potter won't be here long either,,heard off a very reliable source yesterday,a first teams players dad that ptter walked on deadline day but was persuaded back
Just 1 defeat in 7 league games 👍 on 06:59 - Sep 16 with 2470 viewsjackal

The standard in the Championship is generally very poor.

As a result we've got as good a chance as anyone of promotion.

But can you imagine that team in the Prem, without any additions? The Yanks won't pay for any top players.

They'd get massacred.
Just 1 defeat in 7 league games 👍 on 08:29 - Sep 16 with 2372 viewsPegojack

Just 1 defeat in 7 league games 👍 on 20:17 - Sep 15 by donkonky

Sorry if the answer is elsewhere on this site, but what is the latest on Bony? When can we reakistically expect to see him back on the pitch?
Just 1 defeat in 7 league games 👍 on 09:59 - Sep 16 with 2244 viewsLoyal

Just 1 defeat in 7 league games 👍 on 08:29 - Sep 16 by Pegojack

Sorry if the answer is elsewhere on this site, but what is the latest on Bony? When can we reakistically expect to see him back on the pitch?

Three weeks ago Potter gave the impression he would be ready about now. On Thursday he said a few weeks more.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024