Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dross on the TV 22:04 - Sep 15 with 2573 viewsjack2jack

Is it me or are the televisual offerings getting worse, I find some of it almost insulting, in that the major channels airing, repeats, awful reality shows and the like and almost expecting the ratings to be high as of right.
I find myself tuning in to YouTube or turning on the internet radio half the time.
It's just a massive turn off these days.👎
Anyone of the same opinion?
Dross on the TV on 23:24 - Sep 15 with 1935 viewsswan65split

Agree , finding the net more a pastime now than the pathetic rubbish farmed out by the "celebrities"
Dross on the TV on 00:34 - Sep 16 with 1911 viewsGowerjack

Netflix

Loads of good stuff

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Dross on the TV on 07:49 - Sep 16 with 1831 viewsBrynCartwright

There seems to be an awful lot of over-hyped dramas coming on that I cannot be arsed to watch at the moment.

I wish there was a decent satirical news comedy being broadcasted. Have I Got News For You and the Last Leg would have a field day with some of the completely farcical stuff on the news like the Maybot dancing, stupid GRU agents, Justin Welby/Amazon debacle etc.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Dross on the TV on 09:19 - Sep 16 with 1804 viewsBrynCartwright

Though I do love Better Call Saul on Netflix. The hour seems to fly by.

Dross on the TV on 09:24 - Sep 16 with 1800 viewsomarjack

Dross on the TV on 09:19 - Sep 16 by BrynCartwright

Though I do love Better Call Saul on Netflix. The hour seems to fly by.

Better Call Saul is the most boring, mundane show I've ever seen (especially after "spoiler"'s death. Just trying to make more money off BB which was a really good show.

Anyway, I don't even own a TV. Most people under 30 years old I know don't even have one anymore. You can get it all on demand online. Times are changing.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2018 9:25]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Dross on the TV on 10:40 - Sep 16 with 1755 viewsCatullus

Dross on the TV on 09:24 - Sep 16 by omarjack

Better Call Saul is the most boring, mundane show I've ever seen (especially after "spoiler"'s death. Just trying to make more money off BB which was a really good show.

Anyway, I don't even own a TV. Most people under 30 years old I know don't even have one anymore. You can get it all on demand online. Times are changing.

Our son is 10 and spends most of his time on you tube or his PS4. I don't watch much tv anymore and prefer recording repeats of shows I likied and watching them to most new stuff. We really liked Criminal minds but the last series was poor by comparison so we started downloading and watching again from the beginning.
The only point in having a tv is if it's a smart tv and you can stream, most live tv is complete dross these days. Reality tv (which is nothing like reality) quiz shows, antiques shows and repeats. There hasn't been a decent new comedy in ages and how many police shows are there? How many times can you re-imagine Sherlock Holmes? I still prefer the Basil Rathbone version!!!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Dross on the TV on 11:18 - Sep 16 with 1716 viewspikeypaul

Apart from live sport I watch about 5 hours a week of TV.

Iplayer/catch up radio is my favoured source of entertainment.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Dross on the TV on 11:58 - Sep 16 with 1701 viewscontroversial_jack

Most of the programmes/dramas on Tv are so politically correct they lack credibility and reality
Login to get fewer ads

Dross on the TV on 13:17 - Sep 16 with 1658 viewsexiledclaseboy

Dross on the TV on 11:58 - Sep 16 by controversial_jack

Most of the programmes/dramas on Tv are so politically correct they lack credibility and reality

Examples?

Poll: Tory leader

Dross on the TV on 14:15 - Sep 16 with 1608 viewsMo_Wives

Dross on the TV on 13:17 - Sep 16 by exiledclaseboy

Examples?

Songs of praise bleeped out an 'N bomb' last week. Nuff said.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Dross on the TV on 19:41 - Sep 16 with 1542 viewsCatullus

Examples?

Breakfast news, the acting is awful and the script, well who would believe that rubbish. Some guy called Trump is always shouting and making ridiculous claims, some dodgy old bird was on a while back stammering on about strong and stable when she looked more rickety than an old shed and the weather forecast, complete fiction.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Dross on the TV on 19:44 - Sep 16 with 1539 viewsexiledclaseboy

Dross on the TV on 19:41 - Sep 16 by Catullus

Breakfast news, the acting is awful and the script, well who would believe that rubbish. Some guy called Trump is always shouting and making ridiculous claims, some dodgy old bird was on a while back stammering on about strong and stable when she looked more rickety than an old shed and the weather forecast, complete fiction.

Satire is not dead, it seems.

Poll: Tory leader

Dross on the TV on 19:45 - Sep 16 with 1538 viewsSwanjaxs

TIWAS! Now there was a programme! Sally James! The modern day Babs Windsor back in the day! #entertainment (.)(.)

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Dross on the TV on 19:47 - Sep 16 with 1531 viewsJackfath

Dross on the TV on 19:45 - Sep 16 by Swanjaxs

TIWAS! Now there was a programme! Sally James! The modern day Babs Windsor back in the day! #entertainment (.)(.)

Utter shite and the downfall of modern society.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Dross on the TV on 19:50 - Sep 16 with 1530 viewsjackportis

It’s a sign of getting old when one comments that there is nothing on tv.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Dross on the TV on 21:34 - Sep 16 with 1491 viewsjack2jack

Quality Saturday morning entertainment back in the day👍
This is what they want!
Dross on the TV on 21:41 - Sep 16 with 1483 viewsBrynCartwright

Dross on the TV on 09:24 - Sep 16 by omarjack

Omar..I realise that you left Swansea relatively recently to live the dream to wear Gucci suits and Raybans whilst quaffing espressos in Milanese cafes, flying around on your Vespa and wolf whistling at the belle ragazze, but there is no way that Better Call Saul is the MOST boring show you will have ever seen! I defy you to find any more sinister character than Gustavo Fring or anybody cooler than Mike Ehrmantraut.

Dross on the TV on 21:47 - Sep 16 with 1478 viewsSwanjaxs

Dross on the TV on 19:47 - Sep 16 by Jackfath

Utter shite and the downfall of modern society.

Really! So you think an entertaining Saturday morning kids show back in the day is the downfall of modern society? God help Crakajack... have a day off you cretin 😂😂😂

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Dross on the TV on 21:53 - Sep 16 with 1471 viewsbonymine

Babs had a better pair of jugs though (when she went making pottery with Patrick Swayze) 😉

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Dross on the TV on 22:08 - Sep 16 with 1460 viewsBrynCartwright

Dross on the TV on 21:47 - Sep 16 by Swanjaxs

Really! So you think an entertaining Saturday morning kids show back in the day is the downfall of modern society? God help Crakajack... have a day off you cretin 😂😂😂

I preferred Tiswas to Swapshop every time.

Dross on the TV on 22:59 - Sep 16 with 1431 viewsLoyal

I don't watch much TV, working, outdoor activities etc...
I see the tele as a wasted life.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Dross on the TV on 23:24 - Sep 16 with 1408 viewsSwanjaxs

Dross on the TV on 22:59 - Sep 16 by Loyal

I don't watch much TV, working, outdoor activities etc...
I see the tele as a wasted life.

Sorry to hear that mush 😌 Emmerdale getting a bit spikey at the moment mind! Lesbians deep throating in the Woolpack and everything!!!! It's all going on!! Amos Brearly must be absolutely spinning .... 👀
[Post edited 16 Sep 2018 23:30]

Dross on the TV on 13:07 - Sep 18 with 1288 viewsJohnw102

Been binge watching "Trust" enjoyable, suspense and humour. Based on the kidnap of John Paul Getty lll

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Dross on the TV on 13:15 - Sep 18 with 1285 viewscontroversial_jack

Examples?

Seems every other person is a member of the minorities or is gay.Just an observation!
Dross on the TV on 13:28 - Sep 18 with 1275 viewsMo_Wives

Dross on the TV on 13:15 - Sep 18 by controversial_jack

Seems every other person is a member of the minorities or is gay.Just an observation!

There is a flaw in the call for more minorities to be represented on TV...there's suppose to be less of them. That's why they're called minorities, ffs.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024