Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Admiral multi car insurance 17:54 - Oct 2 with 2053 viewsjack2jack

Just been on the phone to Admiral, on the face of it there seems to be big savings to be had, but I'm a bit sceptical, just my nature, any pitfalls I should be aware of, any advice welcome, cheers all.
Admiral multi car insurance on 17:59 - Oct 2 with 2042 viewsCooperman

No idea re Admiral multi car but generally speaking it pays to swap insurers every year or two.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Admiral multi car insurance on 18:11 - Oct 2 with 2005 viewsjack2jack

Admiral multi car insurance on 17:59 - Oct 2 by Cooperman

No idea re Admiral multi car but generally speaking it pays to swap insurers every year or two.

I always shop around yearly to get new customer discounts, just wondering if anyone had first hand experience, good or bad👍
Admiral multi car insurance on 18:16 - Oct 2 with 1993 viewstrefelinjack

Use to work there for three years. It is a good product with many positives and few negatives but depends on your situation. The more cars added, the bigger the savings.

Positives-
.More cars, Bigger savings
.One insurer for all cars
.All policyholders build up their own no claims bonus
.If other cars are insured for more than 3 months in the multicar then they accrued a years no claims bonus
. If one car has an accident, does not affected the others no claims bonus

Negatives
. All cars will have one renewal date next year, A lot of money in one month
.Only one method of paying for all cars, cannot do one car monthly direct debit and another car in full

Hope this helps, any other questions, don't be afraid to ask:)
Admiral multi car insurance on 18:23 - Oct 2 with 1980 viewsjack2jack

Admiral multi car insurance on 18:16 - Oct 2 by trefelinjack

Use to work there for three years. It is a good product with many positives and few negatives but depends on your situation. The more cars added, the bigger the savings.

Positives-
.If other cars are insured for more than 3 months in the multicar then they accrued a years no claims bonus

Negatives
.Only one method of paying for all cars, cannot do one car monthly direct debit and another car in full

Nice one thanks, cheers TJ 👍
Admiral multi car insurance on 18:29 - Oct 2 with 1966 viewsN_T_J

Positives-

Negatives

Can you take out multi car for one car, and keep adding cars once their policies run out?
Admiral multi car insurance on 18:45 - Oct 2 with 1938 viewstrefelinjack

Admiral multi car insurance on 18:29 - Oct 2 by N_T_J

Can you take out multi car for one car, and keep adding cars once their policies run out?

That is how a multicar insurance works. You get given a price for the first car for a year then a pro rata price for the second car to bring them both in line. Ill try and visually display it below

Renualt clio --- 365 days price = £300 --- Date of renewal= 2nd Oct (today)

Ford Fiesta --- 365 days price = £500 --- Date of renewal= 1st march --- Pro Rata price = £250 ( 1st march to 2nd October)

From 1st march to 2nd October the ford fiesta will join the multicar and the policyholder will earn a full no claims bonus.
Admiral multi car insurance on 18:46 - Oct 2 with 1932 viewsjack2jack

Admiral multi car insurance on 18:29 - Oct 2 by N_T_J

From what I can make out yes, my Mrs car is due next week, then I add mine next June, pro rata the premium till next October, then both cars are insured from next October, on multi car, I think that's right anyway.
Admiral multi car insurance on 19:38 - Oct 2 with 1843 viewsjack2jack

Positives-

Negatives

In your experience TJ, how competitive are the prices in say the second year, I mean it's all very well giving competitive quotes for the pro rata part, but do you get stung afterwards, and I appreciate that you can drop out at any time after the first year,thoughts on that!
The guy also said I can pay on DD, so it's not a problem as I spread over 12 months, rather than pay in one lumper, I know I costs a few quid more, but there's a saving to be had anyway.cheers.
Login to get fewer ads

Admiral multi car insurance on 19:43 - Oct 2 with 1833 viewsmonmouth

Admiral multi car insurance on 18:46 - Oct 2 by jack2jack

From what I can make out yes, my Mrs car is due next week, then I add mine next June, pro rata the premium till next October, then both cars are insured from next October, on multi car, I think that's right anyway.

The biggest drawback is that almost any change, no matter how minor incurs an admin fee of 28 quid or so, even if the policy change is a pound. They were good as gold when we had a bump though and moved quite a bit to match a better quote I made up, I mean found, on renewal

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Admiral multi car insurance on 22:42 - Oct 2 with 1716 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Did the "Admiral Bird" anaswer from the ads? She's f*cking gorgeous mun
[Post edited 2 Oct 2018 22:43]

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Admiral multi car insurance on 22:47 - Oct 2 with 1712 viewsjack2jack

Admiral multi car insurance on 22:42 - Oct 2 by Brynmill_Jack

Did the "Admiral Bird" anaswer from the ads? She's f*cking gorgeous mun
[Post edited 2 Oct 2018 22:43]

Unfortunately not, it was a geezer, very helpful though.😉
And yes she is smoking hot👍
Admiral multi car insurance on 23:08 - Oct 2 with 1693 viewsTNT

We've got four cars with them. Haven't shopped around tbh. Got one claim in with them from August 2017 - guy clearly drove in to me, open and shut case, but taking ages to resolve. Don't know if others are quicker at sorting a claim.

Having said that, and at the risk of digressing, I inadvertently shopped around for house insurance very recently and saved a fair wedge by changing company.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Admiral multi car insurance on 00:31 - Oct 3 with 1645 viewsmajorraglan

For a number of years I have had my car insurance through my staff association, they have been very competitive and the excess on our 2 cars has been £50. This year our son passed his test and got a car, it’s about 10 year old and nothing flash. Going on to the price comparison sites, a policy in his name including a “black box” fitted to the car started off at about £900, a policy without a “black box” was around £1450. Opening multi car policy with Admiral his car insurance without the box was about £900, the total price for the wifes car and my car came in less than the £1450 quoted for my sons car without the box.

As has been said, Admiral charge an admin fee for any changes - my insurer didn’t.
The Admiral excess is much higher and is approximately £250 maybe more, so that’s a down side. Staff I spoke to were friendly and helpful and based in Swansea and Cardiff - price was good and all things considered I was happy to give them a try. The other plus was that they are employing local people, so I figured giving them my business was keeping a local in a job which was benefiting our economy.
Admiral multi car insurance on 09:31 - Oct 3 with 1534 viewsfelixstowe_jack

You can also get your house building and contents on the multi policy for extra discount.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Admiral multi car insurance on 00:09 - Oct 4 with 1395 viewsBytholWyn

I always shop around, I'm a right tart when it comes to insurance, utilities et al, and Admiral have never been competitive for my single car quotes, but on multi-car I've made some serious savings - especially with two kids on one of the policies.

The staff are friendly and helpful, and go out of their way to find ways of shaving a few quid off the quote - rather than trying to flog some add-ons. The renewal price was also good - and I've now added house insurance as there was savings to be made there as well.

The one doubt I have is whether there is meaningful competition from other companies offering multi-insurance packages. Otherwise it will be a serious amount of hassle to look for three insurances simultaneously. Perhaps that's what they're banking on...
Admiral multi car insurance on 22:20 - Oct 6 with 1247 viewsJack11

Good product overall and we found it all worked out cheaper but a couple of drawbacks from personal experience. If you remove a car because you’ve sold it and aren’t replacing it you lose those discounts against the car or cars left on there. So those premiums increase. Only one payment, so my lad made changes by adding a driver to his car and it came off my card!
Admiral multi car insurance on 06:21 - Oct 7 with 1187 viewssquarebear

Admiral multi car insurance on 23:08 - Oct 2 by TNT

We've got four cars with them. Haven't shopped around tbh. Got one claim in with them from August 2017 - guy clearly drove in to me, open and shut case, but taking ages to resolve. Don't know if others are quicker at sorting a claim.

Having said that, and at the risk of digressing, I inadvertently shopped around for house insurance very recently and saved a fair wedge by changing company.

We moved to Admiral’s multicar policy (3 cars) as the cost was attractive. Be very careful to ensure they’ve got your contact details correct - or request all correspondence is mailed to your home address.

I subsequently had someone crash into my stationary car though Admiral (or rather the claims company they transfer your case to) sorted it in a couple of weeks. My (old) car was deemed a write-off.

I patched my car up, banked the money, Bob’s your uncle - until months later when a letter arrived from them saying “as you failed to respond to the email <blah> your insurance policy was cancelled as of last week”. Unbeknownst to me I had been driving without insurance for a week. Admiral’s claims company - MONTHS after my accident - had written to them telling them my car was undriveable. Admiral had in turn emailed me to tell me they were cancelling my policy but they’d sent it to an email address ending co.uk (mine ends .com).

Anyone can make a typing error, but I don’t expect an insurance company to cancel my policy without first having spoken to me.

Anyhow, at renewal time two of the three car quotes remained competitive (so the multicar policy is down to 2 vehicles). For my car Tesco came up £200 cheaper, and as we all know, every little helps...
[Post edited 7 Oct 2018 6:27]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024