Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK 17:20 - Mar 12 with 62758 viewswestwalesed

Extraordinary statement by Mrs May and also quite scary.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43377856

She has essentially said that the Russian Government is "highly likely" to have carried out a Chemical Attack on the United Kingdom, using a "military grade nerve agent" developed by the Russian Military and threatening hundreds of British Citizens. This is incredibly worrying.

On another note, Mr Corbyn in his response attempted to conflate donations from Russian Oligarchs to the Conservative Party with this act. Disgraceful.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2018 17:22]

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 17:31 - Mar 12 with 8289 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

I’d have thought that part of a job description for being a spy is you might get assassinated?

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 17:34 - Mar 12 with 8278 viewswestwalesed

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 17:31 - Mar 12 by oh_tommy_tommy

I’d have thought that part of a job description for being a spy is you might get assassinated?

It's the fact that this particular attack exposed hundreds of British citizens to the same nerve agent which takes this to a whole new level.

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 17:43 - Mar 12 with 8256 viewscentrestandswan

INCOMING !

Hope you all got your air raid shelters handy, it's been nice knowing you all.

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 17:45 - Mar 12 with 8248 viewsNogginthenog

If it is a state sanctioned attack, that is incredibly frightening considering that exposure to such a nerve agent could have jeopardised the health of hundreds of people. I don't know what we can do about it realistically but the response must be sufficient to punish the Russians as hard as we possibly can.it should involve our European partners and Nato as well. The only thing Putin wiil understand is either force or finance as I see it. The former likely to be highly dangerous. All this makes the world a less safe place.
PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 18:05 - Mar 12 with 8202 viewslondonlisa2001

I think May is a useless Prime Minister. Absolutely useless.

I think her speech this afternoon was tremendous.

Corbyn completely missed the tone, and got it very, very wrong in response. May, to her credit, didn't bring up his links with RT but took the moral high ground while he scrabbled in the dirt.

The other members of the Labour Party who spoke, managed to capture the mood and the occasion and spoke very well (or the ones I heard did, anyway), as did members of the SNP, LibDems and Tories.
PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 18:07 - Mar 12 with 8198 viewslondonlisa2001

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 17:31 - Mar 12 by oh_tommy_tommy

Do you realise how serious this is and how many ordinary people are affected by this attack?
PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 18:09 - Mar 12 with 8194 viewsJack_Kass

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 18:10 - Mar 12 with 8187 viewsLohengrin

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 17:45 - Mar 12 by Nogginthenog

If it is a state sanctioned attack, that is incredibly frightening considering that exposure to such a nerve agent could have jeopardised the health of hundreds of people. I don't know what we can do about it realistically but the response must be sufficient to punish the Russians as hard as we possibly can.it should involve our European partners and Nato as well. The only thing Putin wiil understand is either force or finance as I see it. The former likely to be highly dangerous. All this makes the world a less safe place.

There’s an even worse scenario that may be being played out. As Herefordjack and myself were discussing on another thread this may not be the Russian ‘State’ at all, though it may very likely be Russians. If we are right then it means there are gangsters with their hands on a nerve agent on these islands.

The FSB are professional, clinical, and this was the botched work of amateurs.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Login to get fewer ads

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 18:17 - Mar 12 with 8152 viewslondonlisa2001

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 18:10 - Mar 12 by Lohengrin

There’s an even worse scenario that may be being played out. As Herefordjack and myself were discussing on another thread this may not be the Russian ‘State’ at all, though it may very likely be Russians. If we are right then it means there are gangsters with their hands on a nerve agent on these islands.

If that was the case, the statement in the house this afternoon would have been very different.

They know damn well who it was. They even were at pains to differentiate between the Russian state and Russians. They are calling Putin's bluff by saying the ONLY alternative is they can't look after their military weapons.
PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 18:17 - Mar 12 with 8153 viewsNogginthenog

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 18:10 - Mar 12 by Lohengrin

I did read your previous thread on this Loh, thats why I said "if" its a state sponsored attack. As you say it is even more frightening if rogue elements have their hands on this stuff.

I heard elsewhere that there are many groups within the Russian state who have interests in a mafia like organisation.
PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 18:22 - Mar 12 with 8141 viewsLohengrin

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 18:17 - Mar 12 by londonlisa2001

If that was the case, the statement in the house this afternoon would have been very different.

They know damn well who it was. They even were at pains to differentiate between the Russian state and Russians. They are calling Putin's bluff by saying the ONLY alternative is they can't look after their military weapons.

As I’ve already said on the other thread the FSB had this man in Lubyanka for years, if they wanted him dead then he would be, long since.

I tell you what ought to happen next, love, is a proper forensic investigation into the way the Conservative Party is financed. It’s a nest of corrupt vipers who have imported these problems here.

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 18:25 - Mar 12 with 8130 viewswestwalesed

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 18:05 - Mar 12 by londonlisa2001

I think May is a useless Prime Minister. Absolutely useless.

I think her speech this afternoon was tremendous.

Corbyn completely missed the tone, and got it very, very wrong in response. May, to her credit, didn't bring up his links with RT but took the moral high ground while he scrabbled in the dirt.

The other members of the Labour Party who spoke, managed to capture the mood and the occasion and spoke very well (or the ones I heard did, anyway), as did members of the SNP, LibDems and Tories.

Yes, I'd agree that May is very weak, but that her speech today was absolutely spot on. She's effectively cornered the Russian Government into either admitting they were responsible or have no control over their military assets (which in itself is terrifying).

I didn't hear anything after Corbyn and May's response - what was the mood of the rest of the house then?

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 18:26 - Mar 12 with 8126 viewsLohengrin

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 18:17 - Mar 12 by Nogginthenog

I did read your previous thread on this Loh, thats why I said "if" its a state sponsored attack. As you say it is even more frightening if rogue elements have their hands on this stuff.

I heard elsewhere that there are many groups within the Russian state who have interests in a mafia like organisation.

When there’s billions sloshing around corruption will snake into every corner, no doubt.

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 18:27 - Mar 12 with 8119 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 18:07 - Mar 12 by londonlisa2001

Do you realise how serious this is and how many ordinary people are affected by this attack?

It’s not as serious as half the things going on in This country imo to be honest .

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 18:29 - Mar 12 with 8114 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 18:22 - Mar 12 by Lohengrin

As I’ve already said on the other thread the FSB had this man in Lubyanka for years, if they wanted him dead then he would be, long since.

I tell you what ought to happen next, love, is a proper forensic investigation into the way the Conservative Party is financed. It’s a nest of corrupt vipers who have imported these problems here.

Even the daily mail have been on about this lately loh

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 18:36 - Mar 12 with 8096 viewslondonlisa2001

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 18:22 - Mar 12 by Lohengrin

Firstly he was used as a bargaining chip for 10 of their agents - a chip that wouldn't have existed if he'd been killed.

Secondly, I think the presence of his daughter may be more important than you are considering. Of all the times to take him out, it's when she was there on holiday?
PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 18:38 - Mar 12 with 8091 viewslondonlisa2001

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 18:27 - Mar 12 by oh_tommy_tommy

It’s not as serious as half the things going on in This country imo to be honest .

An attack on British soil by a foreign government with a chemical weapon affecting up to 500 people at the latest estimate?
PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 18:39 - Mar 12 with 8087 viewslondonlisa2001

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 18:25 - Mar 12 by westwalesed

Yes, I'd agree that May is very weak, but that her speech today was absolutely spot on. She's effectively cornered the Russian Government into either admitting they were responsible or have no control over their military assets (which in itself is terrifying).

I didn't hear anything after Corbyn and May's response - what was the mood of the rest of the house then?

Supportive, unified and without party political overtones.
PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 18:47 - Mar 12 with 8064 viewswestwalesed

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 18:38 - Mar 12 by londonlisa2001

An attack on British soil by a foreign government with a chemical weapon affecting up to 500 people at the latest estimate?

Staggering isn't it? This country is well and truly going down the swanny, we have no moral backbone.

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 18:48 - Mar 12 with 8060 viewswestwalesed

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 18:39 - Mar 12 by londonlisa2001

Supportive, unified and without party political overtones.

Reassuring. As you know I loathe Corbyn but I was apoplectic when he started conflating the two issues and trying to score party political points. He knew it was a poor show too, which was why he started stuttering.

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 18:49 - Mar 12 with 8054 viewsLohengrin

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 18:36 - Mar 12 by londonlisa2001

Firstly he was used as a bargaining chip for 10 of their agents - a chip that wouldn't have existed if he'd been killed.

Secondly, I think the presence of his daughter may be more important than you are considering. Of all the times to take him out, it's when she was there on holiday?

I very much doubt he’d have been the only card they could have dealt.

I don’t quite know what you are getting at in the second paragraph?

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 18:49 - Mar 12 with 8045 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 18:27 - Mar 12 by oh_tommy_tommy

It's probably enough for May to invoke Article 5 and start World War 3 if she wanted to. They literally used a WMD on British soil, attempting to kill British civilians.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 18:50 - Mar 12 with 8043 viewslondonlisa2001

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 18:48 - Mar 12 by westwalesed

Reassuring. As you know I loathe Corbyn but I was apoplectic when he started conflating the two issues and trying to score party political points. He knew it was a poor show too, which was why he started stuttering.

Some of his back benchers referred to Russia Today as well and shutting them down. And yes, I do mean his backbenchers, not Tories.
PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 18:50 - Mar 12 with 8048 viewsLohengrin

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 18:47 - Mar 12 by westwalesed

Staggering isn't it? This country is well and truly going down the swanny, we have no moral backbone.

See the Telford thread.

PM Statement on Chemical Attack in the UK on 18:50 - Mar 12 with 8046 viewssP7qupUf

This is a very serious matter. The PM has been very poor in all matters of state thus far, but she is spot on here. There is no way in the world that she would have made a statement of this nature if her advisors were not totally sure of the origin of the attack. By advisors, I refer mainly to the military and special services experts and not members of her government. Asa country we cannot allow an aggressive opponent do this on our soil. The fact that endangered innocent people says a lot about the type of person we are dealing with. Let's not forget a couple of weeks ago Putin publicly announced that Russia possessed a range of weaponry and other things that are a clear threat to it's opponents. He was prepared to flex his muscles then and, more than likely, is doing it again. He is also taunting the west and NATO over Syria. Putin is making a big play here. Something significant needs to be done by Britain and her allies about this.

Given the context of this situation Corbyn's response to the PM's statement is not even worth talking about. Disgraceful.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024