Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What is Potter trying to achieve? 19:26 - Oct 21 with 5165 viewsleebracey

Its impossible to gain any momentum making 5-6 changes per game. Is Graham being told what team to put out from above?.
Its possible if VDH and Fer leave in January, we will have a full starting 11 from last years Under 23s.
The football is more enjoyable this season, but the club is miles apart from bridging the gap with loyal supporters.
What is Potter trying to achieve? on 19:30 - Oct 21 with 3988 viewsjasper_T

Last year's u23s had a better structure than half the sides Potter has put out this season. McKay and Asoro wouldn't have got a game.
What is Potter trying to achieve? on 19:48 - Oct 21 with 3950 viewsLeonWasGod

He's trying to involve the whole squad and get to the point where anyone can step in any time and feel valued and perform to their best. I think.
What is Potter trying to achieve? on 19:59 - Oct 21 with 3914 viewsjacabertawe

What is Potter trying to achieve? on 19:48 - Oct 21 by LeonWasGod

He's trying to involve the whole squad and get to the point where anyone can step in any time and feel valued and perform to their best. I think.

You think. I hope.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

What is Potter trying to achieve? on 20:04 - Oct 21 with 3893 viewsleebracey

Cian Harries debut in front of 42k...poor lad, rabbit in the headlights...it sounds great idea that everyone can come in at any time...if your Real Madrid.
What is Potter trying to achieve? on 20:25 - Oct 21 with 3846 viewsKilkennyjack

What is Potter trying to achieve? on 19:30 - Oct 21 by jasper_T

Last year's u23s had a better structure than half the sides Potter has put out this season. McKay and Asoro wouldn't have got a game.

Just a question - Does this mean the club should not trust Potter with money ?

For sure Celina can play.

Beware of the Risen People

What is Potter trying to achieve? on 20:31 - Oct 21 with 3825 viewsvalleyboy

But what is the end result of doing that

Changing formation and players for nearly every game, with possibly if not the youngest squad in the division is a recipe for mediocrity in my opinion

I might be old fashion in my thinking, but Liverpool won the old First Division by playing just 13 or it could be 14 players for the whole season

No way would Shankley tinker with player selection as players only came in for injuries or suspensions

Please don’t tell me that today’s Champiodhip sides are better physically or in any other way better in football terms than the time Liverpool did what I have just said
What is Potter trying to achieve? on 20:40 - Oct 21 with 3800 viewsTaliesin

You lot are fkn unbelievable! Potter has fashioned a competitive team out of a very weak squad.

Maybe we should sack him and ask Gary Megson in as he liked a settled team too
[Post edited 21 Oct 2018 20:41]
What is Potter trying to achieve? on 20:48 - Oct 21 with 3773 viewsLeonWasGod

What is Potter trying to achieve? on 20:31 - Oct 21 by valleyboy

Changing formation and players for nearly every game, with possibly if not the youngest squad in the division is a recipe for mediocrity in my opinion

I might be old fashion in my thinking, but Liverpool won the old First Division by playing just 13 or it could be 14 players for the whole season

No way would Shankley tinker with player selection as players only came in for injuries or suspensions

Please don’t tell me that today’s Champiodhip sides are better physically or in any other way better in football terms than the time Liverpool did what I have just said

The end result would be a squad all capable of playing how Potter wants, all comfortable on the ball, playing how he wants us to play, all with greater experience (some of these are young guys, with little of or no league experience). It would mean he can adapt to any opposition, injuries would be easily dealt with and he can keep the team fresh. Everyone would also feel like they belong, so it would hep team spirit.

That's what I think he's trying to achieve. But as someone else said, maybe it's just a hope! I genuinely think he's trying to build something hee that's beyond the normal. But I could be wrong. It could be that he's been left so bare, that he's no option but try to build in the U23s. I don't think so though, as he has more senior players he could play ahead of Connor, Harris, James, Byers, etc. It seems like a deliberate plan to bring along the whole squad, especially the youngsters schooled in the 'Swansea Way'.

I'm not convinced he's got players of the quality needed to carry it off, but if he can I reckon we're on to something pretty good (but may take til next season).
Login to get fewer ads

What is Potter trying to achieve? on 20:49 - Oct 21 with 3769 viewsjasper_T

What is Potter trying to achieve? on 20:25 - Oct 21 by Kilkennyjack

Just a question - Does this mean the club should not trust Potter with money ?

For sure Celina can play.

Don't really know who was in charge of all the signings but Team Potter definitely wanted Asoro and he's clearly not good enough at this level.
What is Potter trying to achieve? on 20:50 - Oct 21 with 3765 viewsFlashberryjack

What is Potter trying to achieve? on 20:40 - Oct 21 by Taliesin

You lot are fkn unbelievable! Potter has fashioned a competitive team out of a very weak squad.

How very dare fans be critical of a managers team selection, what ever next.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

What is Potter trying to achieve? on 20:52 - Oct 21 with 3761 viewsjasper_T

What is Potter trying to achieve? on 20:31 - Oct 21 by valleyboy

Those players all smoked and drank their way through the season, so yeah the modern Championship is on a different athletic level.
What is Potter trying to achieve? on 20:56 - Oct 21 with 3747 viewsleebracey

What is Potter trying to achieve? on 20:40 - Oct 21 by Taliesin

None of us are criticising Graham, simply wondering what the pros/cons are for using the squad rotation. Chill out and have a snickers.
What is Potter trying to achieve? on 20:58 - Oct 21 with 3737 viewsjasper_T

What is Potter trying to achieve? on 20:56 - Oct 21 by leebracey

None of us are criticising Graham, simply wondering what the pros/cons are for using the squad rotation. Chill out and have a snickers.

I'm criticising Graham.

He's made some costly mistakes.
What is Potter trying to achieve? on 21:01 - Oct 21 with 3718 viewsleebracey

What is Potter trying to achieve? on 20:58 - Oct 21 by jasper_T

I'm criticising Graham.

Yeah, and he's also made some brilliant astute decisions, winning away at Sheffield United and Millwall.
What is Potter trying to achieve? on 21:34 - Oct 21 with 3636 viewsLeonWasGod

What is Potter trying to achieve? on 20:58 - Oct 21 by jasper_T

I'm criticising Graham.

It's a results game, so that's fair enough.

I think he's working on the bigger picture and deserves a lot of credit/time. As things stand he seems like a bit of a gem, albeit somewhat handicapped by sh*t players (story of our season so far is our failure in the final third, and he can't do much about that - he's set the team up so they create or get in great positions to create. If they're not up to it, what can he do?).

Jury's out on his signings though:
- Celina - not showing what he can, but he was wildly inconsistent at Ipswich last year - the signs were there.
Looking like very expensive luxury atm.
- Asoro - hmm. Yet to be convinced.
- Mackay. A poor man's Dyer dso far.

But then again, were they his signings? We know he wanted Woods, but wasn't allowed him. Some of teh actually signings could be little to do with him.
What is Potter trying to achieve? on 21:36 - Oct 21 with 3625 viewsjasper_T

What is Potter trying to achieve? on 21:34 - Oct 21 by LeonWasGod

I think he's working on the bigger picture and deserves a lot of credit/time. As things stand he seems like a bit of a gem, albeit somewhat handicapped by sh*t players (story of our season so far is our failure in the final third, and he can't do much about that - he's set the team up so they create or get in great positions to create. If they're not up to it, what can he do?).

- Celina - not showing what he can, but he was wildly inconsistent at Ipswich last year - the signs were there.

But then again, were they his signings? We know he wanted Woods, but wasn't allowed him. Some of teh actually signings could be little to do with him.

He said that he and Macaulay had been tracking Asoro for a while, so if he didn't have some say in that one it's quite a coincidence.
What is Potter trying to achieve? on 21:37 - Oct 21 with 3622 viewsbluey_the_blue

Maybe it's a Scandinavian thing he picked up?

Solskjaer had success with a large squad rotating - theory being keeps players fresh for end of season. Well, we saw how that translated over here....
What is Potter trying to achieve? on 21:48 - Oct 21 with 3568 viewskarnataka

If you're right and he does have this bigger plan, why doesn't he just say so? At the moment, a sizable chunk of the fanbase are totally confused by what seem baffling selections or, in the case of James and Grimes yesterday, non-selections like CBR playing against QPR and scoring but not being anywhere near the pitch since. Are the players as confused as the fans?
What is Potter trying to achieve? on 21:50 - Oct 21 with 3554 viewsLoyal

I agree, because he knows full well players will be leaving and money will be banked by the yanks in January. The guy has little choice but to blood them, it's the only sensible thing he can do to cover over the future losses.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

What is Potter trying to achieve? on 21:52 - Oct 21 with 3546 viewsGlyn1

Having seen the standard in this division it's certain that we won't be relegated, so a little experimentation to see how the players perform won't risk anything. We'll no doubt get a settled side eventually.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

What is Potter trying to achieve? on 21:56 - Oct 21 with 3517 viewsLoyal

What is Potter trying to achieve? on 21:52 - Oct 21 by Glyn1

Having seen the standard in this division it's certain that we won't be relegated, so a little experimentation to see how the players perform won't risk anything. We'll no doubt get a settled side eventually.

If Nordvelt is an experiment as opposed to Mulder he has chucked four points away in the last two games.

Hopefully his experiment is concluded and the bleeding fcking obvious is evident.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

What is Potter trying to achieve? on 22:07 - Oct 21 with 3498 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Celina has done just fine and will get better with a regular set up which isn't changed every week. He needs to have a solid spine behind him and Fer has only just got back.

I agree about Asoro but we haven't given Mackay a good run of games yet either. I think he has far more to offer than an over the hill Dyer, just needs to gain a good run and get a goal or two. He was very good in this division with Forest last season before Karanka came in so he has the capabilities.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2018 22:15]

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

What is Potter trying to achieve? on 22:16 - Oct 21 with 3469 viewsvalleyboy

What is Potter trying to achieve? on 20:52 - Oct 21 by jasper_T

Those players all smoked and drank their way through the season, so yeah the modern Championship is on a different athletic level.

You couldn’t have been around in the mid sixties

To say the Championship is on a different athletic level is true

Yes on a lower level

The likes of McBurnie was completely finished halfway through the second half

And as for Fer

I don’t he turned up
What is Potter trying to achieve? on 22:22 - Oct 21 with 3437 viewsSwanjaxs

What is Potter trying to achieve? on 22:16 - Oct 21 by valleyboy

You couldn’t have been around in the mid sixties

To say the Championship is on a different athletic level is true

Yes on a lower level

The likes of McBurnie was completely finished halfway through the second half

And as for Fer

I don’t he turned up

McBurnie just turned 22 and ploughing a lone furrow up front in his first full season, Fer clearly not fit after a serious injury... and will no doubt break down again. We all know where the blame lies for this

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

What is Potter trying to achieve? on 22:27 - Oct 21 with 3406 views34dfgdf54

What is Potter trying to achieve? on 22:22 - Oct 21 by Swanjaxs

McBurnie just turned 22 and ploughing a lone furrow up front in his first full season, Fer clearly not fit after a serious injury... and will no doubt break down again. We all know where the blame lies for this

I don’t think we all do though.

That’s the problem.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024