Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hull Supporters Trust 09:02 - Oct 9 with 2843 viewsThrasher6

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45787039

Interesting...thoughts?

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Hull Supporters Trust on 09:11 - Oct 9 with 2820 viewsomarjack

Wow.

The Allams would be insane not to sell at such price. Hull have been a mess thanks to the clueless, greedy b@stards they have in charge.

I wish we can kick our tyrants out of our club in the same way. Let them take a compensation and use it to prey on some other unlucky business or club.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Hull Supporters Trust on 10:30 - Oct 9 with 2714 viewsBadlands

Hull Supporters Trust on 09:11 - Oct 9 by omarjack

Wow.

The Allams would be insane not to sell at such price. Hull have been a mess thanks to the clueless, greedy b@stards they have in charge.

I wish we can kick our tyrants out of our club in the same way. Let them take a compensation and use it to prey on some other unlucky business or club.

Come up with £60 million and make the offer ... then be prepared to put your hand in your pocket for another £100 millionth build a Premier League team.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Hull Supporters Trust on 10:54 - Oct 9 with 2689 viewsFireboy2

Hull Supporters Trust on 10:30 - Oct 9 by Badlands

Come up with £60 million and make the offer ... then be prepared to put your hand in your pocket for another £100 millionth build a Premier League team.

He like most jacks would love have the money to buy the yanks out

Nothing wrong with wishful thinking and theres no need to ridicule him you sellout lover

Ps most of us wouldnt be bothered about the PL as long as we got rid of the capitalist leeches
Hull Supporters Trust on 15:24 - Oct 9 with 2564 viewsBadlands

Hull Supporters Trust on 10:54 - Oct 9 by Fireboy2

Nothing wrong with wishful thinking and theres no need to ridicule him you sellout lover

Ps most of us wouldnt be bothered about the PL as long as we got rid of the capitalist leeches

And I'm sure he can speak for himself (or are you the same person?)
I'm not ridiculing his post but pointing out the reality - Hull trust and supporters have raised the money ... ours just moan.
If our trust / supporters bought out the Americans would they have money to sped on the team?
Highly unlikely but some fantasists believe the majority shareholder should fund team development from their own pockets ... it won't happen, it doesn't happen and if, by chance it did would the trust come up with their 21%?
I think a lot of our fans have the green eye for Tan.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Hull Supporters Trust on 21:39 - Oct 10 with 2356 viewsGlyn1

So the Hull Trust want to be joint shareholders with some new US buyers - what could possibly go wrong?
[Post edited 10 Oct 2018 21:40]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Hull Supporters Trust on 07:00 - Oct 11 with 2263 viewsE20Jack

This is the exact scenario I have been imploring the Trust to aim for.

There is a distinct lack of long term strategy there, made clear by the acceptance of that 5m deal. Never enough to buy the club in any sort of fit state rendering accepting it useless.

The Trust need to get as close to that 20m figure as they can, then look to invest wisely. There is certainly potential to buy the club in the future. We may never be a heavyweight able to spend 50m a year on players but we can have a situation where any decision gets made for the good of the club, and any money made directly invested back in.

Well done Hull Supporters Trust for seeing what ours couldn't. We should have been bending over backwards to be in on any deal the old guard were in.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Hull Supporters Trust on 07:15 - Oct 11 with 2256 viewswaynekerr55

Hull Supporters Trust on 15:24 - Oct 9 by Badlands

I'm not ridiculing his post but pointing out the reality - Hull trust and supporters have raised the money ... ours just moan.
If our trust / supporters bought out the Americans would they have money to sped on the team?
Highly unlikely but some fantasists believe the majority shareholder should fund team development from their own pockets ... it won't happen, it doesn't happen and if, by chance it did would the trust come up with their 21%?

Are they attacking the club?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Hull Supporters Trust on 07:28 - Oct 11 with 2241 viewsDr_Winston

Hull Supporters Trust on 10:54 - Oct 9 by Fireboy2

Do you genuinely believe that last sentence?

If we were still reasonably successful in the PL most people wouldn't give two shiny shits who owned the club.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Hull Supporters Trust on 08:07 - Oct 11 with 2220 viewsFireboy2

Hull Supporters Trust on 07:28 - Oct 11 by Dr_Winston

If we were still reasonably successful in the PL most people wouldn't give two shiny shits who owned the club.

Atm i think most loyal fans would want rid of the yanks and be stable in the championship

We do need rich owners if we want to be in the PL again but not ones who dont invest but only want to make money for their clients

One can only dream Dr
Hull Supporters Trust on 09:07 - Oct 11 with 2197 viewsShaky

You've lost me here.

You think it is fanciful to suppose shareholders should support the development of the businesses they own? That's kind of the way capitalism is supposed to work.

And if shareholders are unprepared to provide that capital, they are supposed to vacate the field and let others step in at a price they find attractive and see value at.

Just hanging in there unwilling to stump up a penny on the increasingly slender off-chance somebody will find a pot of gold under the rainbow is almost criminal neglect.

5 players are contracted beyond the end of next season. 5 players. That situation needs to be urgently redressed otherwise the club is going down the shitter.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2018 19:05]

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Hull Supporters Trust on 09:11 - Oct 11 with 2185 viewsScottishEddie

Hull Supporters Trust on 08:07 - Oct 11 by Fireboy2

Atm i think most loyal fans would want rid of the yanks and be stable in the championship

We do need rich owners if we want to be in the PL again but not ones who dont invest but only want to make money for their clients

One can only dream Dr

This would dilute The Trusts shares.

You okay with that yea?

Poll: Stupidest Posterer of the Year

Hull Supporters Trust on 09:17 - Oct 11 with 2177 viewsomarjack

Hull Supporters Trust on 07:28 - Oct 11 by Dr_Winston

Obviously.

The owners are hated because they willingly made some horrid mistakes that relegated us within 2 years of their takeover (it would have been 1 year if it wasn't for Siggy stepping up in the 2nd half of the season)

If we were one of these West Ham/ Crystal Palace type that sometimes get into bad scrapes but end up fine in mid-table because the squad is nurtured enough for that purpose, then who would complain exactly? We know our limitations. A top 7 finish will always be out of our reach. But PL stability could have been achievable. But the owners just don't have the realistic perspective to how much money it'll take to achieve that.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Hull Supporters Trust on 09:40 - Oct 11 with 2153 viewsFireboy2

Hull Supporters Trust on 09:11 - Oct 11 by ScottishEddie

This would dilute The Trusts shares.

You okay with that yea?

Invest by replacing overrated PL on PL wages with championship style players on championship wages

It isnt much to ask but they wont because they are only in it to make money for their shareholders

We all get that they needed to cut their cloth accordingly but not to replace the departing strikers and defenders shows what they are all about

If we had another striker from the start of the season we would be in the top 2

Its lucky that potter is weaving his magic and has nurtured the young uns who have been absolutely brilliant but it could be so much better
Hull Supporters Trust on 09:57 - Oct 11 with 2136 viewsCatullus

Lots of disagreeing going on here but so much that is true,

1, the Dr is right about no one caring if we were reasonably succesful in the EPL, but that depends on what you think reasonable. I don't call purely trying to avoid relegation successful.
2, most wouldn't care if we were a stable Championship club as long as the Yanks were gone, again I think it's true but people will have different ideas about what is stable.
3, most fans love the idea of chipping in to buy OUR club but, we'd need 20,000 people to stump up around £4,000 each to buy and fund the club for this season. Then we'd all need to dip into our pockets for next season and on it would go. Essentially we'd see our season ticket prices set at a higher level and if crowds dwindled our price would rise in relation.
4, the Trust, it seems no matter what they are doing, they are wrong. They can't win any more than Jenkins or the Americans can.
5, this is purely my own point of view, I wouldn't be chipping in to buy our club even if I won the lottery. The EPL is boring unless you are one of the top 6/7, it is a reflection of society in general as the rich get richer and the rest struggle to keep up and either willingly get into ridiculous debt or accept getting poorer by comparison. How many fans would happily put themselves into increasing debt so we could pay footballers 3/4/5 thousand per WEEK and that is the Championship?

If the idea is to rescue the club then you have to buy it, accept you've lost your money and look for someone decent to sell it on to.....who could we sell it to that we'd trust? There aren't too many Sheikh Mansours' around. Maybe a Chinese consortium?
The way football is going we could end up like Welsh rugby, the only way to take on the big clubs will be to form regional football teams, accept our local clubs are feeder clubs and get behind the region. Except being in Wales the region would mean Swansea and Cardiff combining so it'll never happen, that's before any other obnvious problems with the idea.

Last thing, as far as I can see the Allams haven't been greedy b'stards. They wanted to rebrand the club to help increase commercial revenue and the fans rebelled, the Allams then cut expenditure. They aren't looking for a big profit and were investing until the fans rejected rebranding, now the Allam family just want out. Maybe I've missed something because I don't pay as much attention to other clubs but the Allams aren't a hedge fund front.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Hull Supporters Trust on 15:38 - Oct 11 with 2069 viewsFlashberryjack

How much have the yanks spent on the team....remind me

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Hull Supporters Trust on 18:23 - Oct 11 with 2001 viewsKilkennyjack

Nice to see Hull Tigers struggling.

Shite club.

Beware of the Risen People

Hull Supporters Trust on 19:28 - Oct 11 with 1962 viewsDr_Winston

Hull Supporters Trust on 08:07 - Oct 11 by Fireboy2

One can only dream Dr

We don't need rich owners to be in the PL again. We didn't need them last time and the standard hasn't exactly improved since.

We just need smart ones.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Hull Supporters Trust on 21:07 - Oct 11 with 1912 viewsFireboy2

Hull Supporters Trust on 19:28 - Oct 11 by Dr_Winston

We don't need rich owners to be in the PL again. We didn't need them last time and the standard hasn't exactly improved since.

We just need smart ones.

Sorry Doc i have to disagree with you for the first time ever

The standard of the PL has improved greatly since we got promoted in 2011

And to keep up with the teams who are fighting for positions 7 to 20 having a bit of money helps,just take bournemouth for example they have iirc a rich owner who fronts up for transfer fees

But i do agree witb you on your point on having smart owners,just look at burnley,they have cut their cloth accordingly for quite some time and they have never changed,they also have owners who are lifetime fans,which helps
Hull Supporters Trust on 21:12 - Oct 11 with 1903 viewsCooperman

Hull Supporters Trust on 21:07 - Oct 11 by Fireboy2

And to keep up with the teams who are fighting for positions 7 to 20 having a bit of money helps,just take bournemouth for example they have iirc a rich owner who fronts up for transfer fees

But i do agree witb you on your point on having smart owners,just look at burnley,they have cut their cloth accordingly for quite some time and they have never changed,they also have owners who are lifetime fans,which helps

Not overall it hasn’t.

The very top table have improved considerably and I’m talking about two or possibly three clubs here, but I’d argue the case that the relegated clubs of recent years wouldn’t beat the relegated clubs of ten years ago. I’d go as far to say this applies to bottom third.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Hull Supporters Trust on 21:21 - Oct 11 with 1891 viewsFireboy2

Hull Supporters Trust on 21:12 - Oct 11 by Cooperman

Not overall it hasn’t.

The very top table have improved considerably and I’m talking about two or possibly three clubs here, but I’d argue the case that the relegated clubs of recent years wouldn’t beat the relegated clubs of ten years ago. I’d go as far to say this applies to bottom third.

Its all about opinions coops

I think the whole of the PL has improved since 2011

But i think you can use cardiff to back up your argument
Hull Supporters Trust on 21:22 - Oct 11 with 1889 viewsCooperman

Hull Supporters Trust on 21:21 - Oct 11 by Fireboy2

Its all about opinions coops

I think the whole of the PL has improved since 2011

But i think you can use cardiff to back up your argument

Absolutely

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Hull Supporters Trust on 21:28 - Oct 11 with 1875 viewsCatullus

Hull Supporters Trust on 21:07 - Oct 11 by Fireboy2

I'd disagree. The EPL from 8 to the bottom was worse. Teams like Watford, Southampton, Burnley even were shite. It just happened we were even more shite.

Our play off team would muller our current team I'm fairly sure. The top 6/7 are stretching out the gap, or as I'd put it, the rich clubs are getting richer and the poorer clubs are building up debt.

Thing is, rich owners can't just stump up transfer fees willy nilly, it goes aginst FFP and can result in punitive action. Bournemouths owner can buil;d them a shiny new stadium, an all singing, all dancing training ground etc but he can't just splash 200 million on players. At man City, Sheikh Mansour has spent around 1 billion on the club but he/they fell foul of FFP.

FFP itself isn't fair, it favours bigger clubs.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024