Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Plaid’s Adam Price: somebody close needs to have a word. 12:47 - Oct 8 with 1732 viewsLohengrin

Good piece on him in yesterday’s Sunday Times, if any of you read it? He brings with him genuine drive and a lot of fresh,interesting ideas around taxation, especially. Interesting new perspectives and about the only Welsh politician I know who is both able and prepared to ‘think’ a new route through difficult times and not just spout the usual hollow, stale platitudes by rote that often sees me pelt a cushion at the telly.

BUT! Adam, fella’, dial the body language down a good couple of notches! I’ve seen him do several interviews in the last month or so where he almost appeared on the verge of belting the interviewer. Conviction is great. Passion likewise, but it has to be conveyed in a more restrained way so that your eyes aren’t blazing out on stalks and you’re not bouncing on the edge of your seat, mun! Folk are going to think you’re crackers!

Again, the photo that accompanied yesterday’s piece looked like he was either about to belt whoever was approaching or flash them his cock!

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Plaid’s Adam Price: somebody close needs to have a word. on 13:30 - Oct 8 with 1685 viewsdickythorpe

He's trying to be Vincent Kane and Gwyn Alf with his directness. He does need to tone it down as it will not impress many who have seen all these politicians "talk" then fail when in power.
Cardigan was a parochial choice to have their conference.
Plaid’s Adam Price: somebody close needs to have a word. on 13:43 - Oct 8 with 1670 viewsBytholWyn

I think you may well have a point there Lohengrin...
Plaid’s Adam Price: somebody close needs to have a word. on 17:34 - Oct 8 with 1566 viewsCatullus

Every time I see him on tv he looks like he's on speed and ready to have a dust up! Maybe that's why I don't fancy his chances, because he comes across a bit mad. Those eyes, they're like a psycho serial killer searching out their next victim.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Plaid’s Adam Price: somebody close needs to have a word. on 20:21 - Oct 8 with 1505 viewstrampie

Price has been on top form since becoming leader.
''We’re on the Titanic’s deck. The iceberg’s looming. The Government’s strategy is to tell the Iceberg to move''.

''A cliff-edge, cataclysmic, hard Brexit would be incredibly destructive to the people of Wales. It’s being promoted by people who do not care what happens to our communities.
We’re left with this situation where we could see the unravelling of the Welsh economy at a 1930s scale''.

“I love England and I want England to be a decent, prosperous, fair society as well. But England is shackled by the dying embers of this post-imperial state that still harbours ambitions to be what it once was. This is what is driving the resurgence of a British nationalism and false narrative of some sort of halcyon days of turning the clocks back not just to the 1950s but to the 1850s. England needs to be liberated from that false narrative.”

''The old Britain is dying let it die, our project is not to break up but remake this island for three free nations, not the palace and property of one''

He has just given the SNP conference the Michael Collins line of ''When you have been waiting 7 hundred years for freedom what's 7 minutes''
[Post edited 8 Oct 2018 20:47]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Plaid’s Adam Price: somebody close needs to have a word. on 21:28 - Oct 8 with 1454 viewsvalleyboy

Well the Welsh Assembly have been given the powere to change taxation

What party will be dull enough to change the standard rate of taxation as what they will pay in England
Plaid’s Adam Price: somebody close needs to have a word. on 22:15 - Oct 8 with 1431 viewstrampie

Plaid’s Adam Price: somebody close needs to have a word. on 21:28 - Oct 8 by valleyboy

Well the Welsh Assembly have been given the powere to change taxation

What party will be dull enough to change the standard rate of taxation as what they will pay in England

The SNP changed the tax bands a few years ago to increase the taxes on middle and high income earners.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Plaid’s Adam Price: somebody close needs to have a word. on 22:28 - Oct 8 with 1428 viewsKilkennyjack

Y Mab Darogan. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿💪

Beware of the Risen People

Plaid’s Adam Price: somebody close needs to have a word. on 22:31 - Oct 8 with 1426 viewsHighjack

I know someone very close to Mr Price and will forward your comments on accordingly.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Login to get fewer ads

Plaid’s Adam Price: somebody close needs to have a word. on 22:50 - Oct 8 with 1409 viewsvalleyboy

Plaid’s Adam Price: somebody close needs to have a word. on 22:15 - Oct 8 by trampie

The SNP changed the tax bands a few years ago to increase the taxes on middle and high income earners.

Not a few years ago but from April of this year

Why don’t you get your facts right

I forgot

Plaid Cymru just say things that are not true
Plaid’s Adam Price: somebody close needs to have a word. on 22:53 - Oct 8 with 1405 viewsKilkennyjack

Plaid’s Adam Price: somebody close needs to have a word. on 22:50 - Oct 8 by valleyboy

I forgot

Amateurs compared to ‘the bad boys of Brexidiots’ ... £350 million a week for the NHS, rightio ..?

Beware of the Risen People

Plaid’s Adam Price: somebody close needs to have a word. on 22:59 - Oct 8 with 1386 viewstrampie

Plaid’s Adam Price: somebody close needs to have a word. on 22:50 - Oct 8 by valleyboy

I forgot

They said they were going to do it years ago, you seemed to think nobody would do such a thing, lol.
[Post edited 9 Oct 2018 10:34]

Plaid’s Adam Price: somebody close needs to have a word. on 22:39 - Oct 9 with 1246 viewsCatullus

Plaid’s Adam Price: somebody close needs to have a word. on 22:28 - Oct 8 by Kilkennyjack

Y Mab Darogan. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿💪

The son of prophecy already happened, in 1485. Or so the Henry Tudor supporters believed.

Y Mab Darogan was supposed to force all the Saxons out of Britain and leave behind only the true Britons which is of course us Welsh folk. Don't really see that coming true, you crack on though, fairy tales obviously make you happy.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Plaid’s Adam Price: somebody close needs to have a word. on 22:07 - Oct 10 with 1111 viewsHighjack

Has he decked anyone yet? Or got his cock out?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Plaid’s Adam Price: somebody close needs to have a word. on 22:10 - Oct 10 with 1107 viewsLeonWasGod

I spent the morning next to him at an event once - the fella was half asleep; he seemed the complete opposite of hyped. Maybe they have to wind him up. Or maybe 'm a boring feck to sit next to at a conference (or just a boring feck all the time, who knows ).
Plaid’s Adam Price: somebody close needs to have a word. on 22:37 - Oct 10 with 1086 viewslonglostjack

Plaid’s Adam Price: somebody close needs to have a word. on 13:30 - Oct 8 by dickythorpe

He's trying to be Vincent Kane and Gwyn Alf with his directness. He does need to tone it down as it will not impress many who have seen all these politicians "talk" then fail when in power.

Marginal constituency I suppose.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Plaid’s Adam Price: somebody close needs to have a word. on 00:00 - Oct 11 with 1066 viewsDJack

Plaid’s Adam Price: somebody close needs to have a word. on 17:34 - Oct 8 by Catullus

Every time I see him on tv he looks like he's on speed and ready to have a dust up! Maybe that's why I don't fancy his chances, because he comes across a bit mad. Those eyes, they're like a psycho serial killer searching out their next victim.

HE'S BEHIND YOU!

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Plaid’s Adam Price: somebody close needs to have a word. on 00:13 - Oct 11 with 1060 viewsHighjack

Plaid’s Adam Price: somebody close needs to have a word. on 00:00 - Oct 11 by DJack

HE'S BEHIND YOU!

*Clenches buttocks

Plaid’s Adam Price: somebody close needs to have a word. on 10:45 - Oct 11 with 1002 viewsCatullus

Plaid’s Adam Price: somebody close needs to have a word. on 00:00 - Oct 11 by DJack

HE'S BEHIND YOU!

Is he wearing a scream mask, or is that his real face?

Plaid’s Adam Price: somebody close needs to have a word. on 12:11 - Oct 11 with 968 viewsLohengrin

Plaid’s Adam Price: somebody close needs to have a word. on 13:30 - Oct 8 by dickythorpe

I’ve met both of those, Dicky. Kane, briefly, in his capacity as head of the old Wales Quality Centre: a handshake - a “good morning, pleased to meet you” - sort of thing.

Gwyn Williams, however, I met on quite a few occasions. How to describe him? 200 mph would probably be the easiest and most accurate way. Did you know him, Dicky? He had this stammer which he tried to overcome by almost shouting in a rush to get his words out. A consequence of that was he used to frighten timid folk half to death until they got used to him!

He didn’t really have much of an internal filter, he just used to blurt out whatever was on his mind and couldn’t care less who it offended. A disastrous attribute for an aspiring politician but it often makes for an enormously fun bloke to be around.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Plaid’s Adam Price: somebody close needs to have a word. on 13:24 - Oct 11 with 947 viewsdickythorpe

My father met him and wynford Vaughan Thomas. Gwyn Alf was a carbon copy of an old rugby coach I had when I was in youth. Again, gruff and no filter. We used to hang on his every word as you never knew what was going to come out of his mouth next!
Passionate men. The rugby coach in question used to be quite squat and had a black beard, took us training in all weathers but wore this yellow "fisherman's mac"
We were doing tap penalty moves with a "wall" of 3 players to shield the ball from the opposition.
Anyway he called the code for a certain move which we executed superbly, only for him to blow his whistle and look at us in a building rage.
"but we got it right" said the captain.......our coach just opened his mouth and an absolute load of frothy white spittle came out and ran down his black beard.

We always wondered what words would have replaced that splendid jet of foamy gob had we indeed got the move wrong.
Plaid’s Adam Price: somebody close needs to have a word. on 15:20 - Oct 11 with 922 viewsEbo

Plaid’s Adam Price: somebody close needs to have a word. on 12:11 - Oct 11 by Lohengrin

I’ve met both of those, Dicky. Kane, briefly, in his capacity as head of the old Wales Quality Centre: a handshake - a “good morning, pleased to meet you” - sort of thing.

Gwyn Williams, however, I met on quite a few occasions. How to describe him? 200 mph would probably be the easiest and most accurate way. Did you know him, Dicky? He had this stammer which he tried to overcome by almost shouting in a rush to get his words out. A consequence of that was he used to frighten timid folk half to death until they got used to him!

He didn’t really have much of an internal filter, he just used to blurt out whatever was on his mind and couldn’t care less who it offended. A disastrous attribute for an aspiring politician but it often makes for an enormously fun bloke to be around.

I just sat down with a coffee expecting a mirthful tête-à-tête between you and Trampy just there Loh.

I'm bitterly disappointed.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024