Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Traffic chaos!!!! 08:06 - Oct 17 with 930 viewsdickythorpe

6 car collision by port Talbot , tailbacks to junction 46 at Llangyfelach (small crash yesterday just before that junction)
Plus problems in Paddington having knock on effects.
From carmarthen to celtic manor turn off is getting horrendous in last year!!!!
Traffic chaos!!!! on 08:21 - Oct 17 with 910 viewsCooperman

Re the train issue - a mate of mine was meant to travel from Paddington last night but along with thousands of others got caught up in the trouble. Complete chaos ensued and GWR were woefully short with any form of communication. He acknowledged that provison of hotel rooms for thousand was not practical but he wasn’t appreciative of the complete lack of any form of comment from GWR staff. Well and truly caught with their pants down.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Traffic chaos!!!! on 09:07 - Oct 17 with 869 viewsswan65split

Hope that everyone is ok, I travel that corridor quite often, and the standard of driving is horrendous, the need to get there "quick" has a lot to do with it.
Traffic chaos!!!! on 09:42 - Oct 17 with 833 viewsLoyal

Traffic chaos!!!! on 09:07 - Oct 17 by swan65split

Hope that everyone is ok, I travel that corridor quite often, and the standard of driving is horrendous, the need to get there "quick" has a lot to do with it.

I've often found leaving earlier gives you more time, it's an odd approach but works well for me.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Traffic chaos!!!! on 09:44 - Oct 17 with 826 viewsdickythorpe

Traffic that merges onto motorways that have only 2 lanes is a recipe for disaster.
They bang on about east Wales relief roads but really the whole network from West Wales up is becoming a very dangerous stretch and allied with ridiculous speeding and undertaking maybe it's no wonder there's so much accidents and fatalities.
Traffic chaos!!!! on 10:34 - Oct 17 with 776 viewsswan65split

Traffic chaos!!!! on 09:44 - Oct 17 by dickythorpe

Traffic that merges onto motorways that have only 2 lanes is a recipe for disaster.
They bang on about east Wales relief roads but really the whole network from West Wales up is becoming a very dangerous stretch and allied with ridiculous speeding and undertaking maybe it's no wonder there's so much accidents and fatalities.

Western Ave ? stretch at Cardiff and the slip on at the top of the incline between Tredegar House and the tunnels are absolutely dangerous, the number of near misses Ive seen on them is unbelievable.
Traffic chaos!!!! on 12:00 - Oct 17 with 719 viewsCooperman

My wife did the daily Llanelli - Cardiff - Llanelli commute for 17 years and the £80 per week fuel costs, 25k per year mileage and new tyres every 9 months all became less significant when she became forced to leave the house at 06:45 for an 08:45 start time. Chuck in a few accidents that she was involved in and enough became enough; sufficient justification to leave her job without having another one to go to.

Traffic chaos!!!! on 13:22 - Oct 17 with 676 viewsdickythorpe

Traffic chaos!!!! on 12:00 - Oct 17 by Cooperman

My wife did the daily Llanelli - Cardiff - Llanelli commute for 17 years and the £80 per week fuel costs, 25k per year mileage and new tyres every 9 months all became less significant when she became forced to leave the house at 06:45 for an 08:45 start time. Chuck in a few accidents that she was involved in and enough became enough; sufficient justification to leave her job without having another one to go to.

This is why the trains need to be up to a higher standard. You can't rely on the roads anymore to be on time.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2018 13:23]
Traffic chaos!!!! on 13:38 - Oct 17 with 651 viewsCooperman

Traffic chaos!!!! on 13:22 - Oct 17 by dickythorpe

This is why the trains need to be up to a higher standard. You can't rely on the roads anymore to be on time.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2018 13:23]

Absolutely. From a timing point of view she could have made the train option work at a push however peak time capacity was a major problem.

The other initiative I would like to see more of is incentive schemes for car pooling; incentives sufficiently high enough to make commuters go and look seriously at following the scheme.

Login to get fewer ads

Traffic chaos!!!! on 13:40 - Oct 17 with 647 viewscontroversial_jack

Traffic chaos!!!! on 12:00 - Oct 17 by Cooperman

I did a Neath to Barry commute for 19 years, starting work at 6 am or 6pm, roads were basically fairly clear then, but rush hour is horrible.Rail not an option at these times either
Traffic chaos!!!! on 16:36 - Oct 17 with 584 viewsJackfath

The amount of people in the outside lane who are using their phones is scary. Both chatting and texting. I've brought this point up before. There needs to be a huge deterrent for this. Immediate loss of licence for a year, and a fixed penalty £1000 fine should do the trick. Repeat offenders get permanent bans for life and £10,000 fines.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024