Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This Equality nonsense.... 16:14 - Oct 30 with 3094 viewsLohengrin

I found myself struggling to hold down a rising tide of bile earlier listening to Westminster’s house clown Gavin Williamson outlining plans to deploy women on the infantry frontline. Now I can’t speak for anybody other than myself but I find the prospect of doing violence to a woman repugnant, quite impossible to envisage having to kill one. The possibility is utterly repulsive.

Soldiering is an honourable profession. Perhaps that’s why it is in the politicians sights? They seem intent on dragging everything and everybody down to the same level of moral squalor they inhabit.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

This Equality nonsense.... on 17:05 - Oct 30 with 1500 viewsNogginthenog

I suspect that some women make good soldiers though, after all they can be ruthless in my experience.Apparently the Peshmerga have hundreds on the front line.
This Equality nonsense.... on 17:13 - Oct 30 with 1489 viewstheloneranger

This Equality nonsense.... on 17:05 - Oct 30 by Nogginthenog

I suspect that some women make good soldiers though, after all they can be ruthless in my experience.Apparently the Peshmerga have hundreds on the front line.

The soldiers ISIS fear the most ...

are the women from the Zeravani unit, a branch of the Kurdish Peshmerga.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

This Equality nonsense.... on 17:33 - Oct 30 with 1459 viewssainthelens

If they can find a load like my ex mother in law then it would frighten any enemy. Never mind weapons one look would be enough.
This Equality nonsense.... on 17:35 - Oct 30 with 1456 viewsBatterseajack

Whilst you may find it repugnant to kill women Loh, they often feature as victims in war. An army with women within its ranks might be less inclined to go out on a raping spree after battle.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2018 17:37]
This Equality nonsense.... on 17:37 - Oct 30 with 1451 viewsWingstandwood

Women can indeed be very tough and very brave there is one problem however?

In circumstances where a female soldier has previously given birth? Will her maternal instinct for the little un's back home compromise her combat effectiveness.... It's only natural to assume that female maternal instinct would scream for a female to put her own offspring way before anything else, anyone else or any battlefield/mission objective.

A mother would always want to be there for her baby/babies, no amount of drill, army indoctrination, brainwashing will change that imo.

Argus!

This Equality nonsense.... on 17:48 - Oct 30 with 1419 viewsHighjack

Why is it more repugnant to kill a woman than kill a man? Every man that has ever died on the field of battle has been someone's son or husband or father.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

This Equality nonsense.... on 18:23 - Oct 30 with 1353 viewsexiledclaseboy

This Equality nonsense.... on 17:37 - Oct 30 by Wingstandwood

Women can indeed be very tough and very brave there is one problem however?

In circumstances where a female soldier has previously given birth? Will her maternal instinct for the little un's back home compromise her combat effectiveness.... It's only natural to assume that female maternal instinct would scream for a female to put her own offspring way before anything else, anyone else or any battlefield/mission objective.

A mother would always want to be there for her baby/babies, no amount of drill, army indoctrination, brainwashing will change that imo.

What about the male paternal instinct?

Poll: Tory leader

This Equality nonsense.... on 18:24 - Oct 30 with 1350 viewsexiledclaseboy

This Equality nonsense.... on 17:48 - Oct 30 by Highjack

Why is it more repugnant to kill a woman than kill a man? Every man that has ever died on the field of battle has been someone's son or husband or father.

If he were still on the front line Lohengrin is clearly more worried he would have found himself being bested by a member of the fairer sex.

Login to get fewer ads

This Equality nonsense.... on 18:29 - Oct 30 with 1331 views100onZero

This Equality nonsense.... on 18:24 - Oct 30 by exiledclaseboy

If he were still on the front line Lohengrin is clearly more worried he would have found himself being bested by a member of the fairer sex.

Powerful misogyny in this OP fair play.
This Equality nonsense.... on 18:30 - Oct 30 with 1322 viewsexiledclaseboy

This Equality nonsense.... on 18:29 - Oct 30 by 100onZero

I wouldn’t take Lohengrin seriously. No one else does. The Old King is still alive in his head.

This Equality nonsense.... on 18:32 - Oct 30 with 1315 viewsGaryjack

This Equality nonsense.... on 17:35 - Oct 30 by Batterseajack

Whilst you may find it repugnant to kill women Loh, they often feature as victims in war. An army with women within its ranks might be less inclined to go out on a raping spree after battle.

I wouldn't bank on it. My wife joined at 16 and spent 7 1/2 years in the WRAC. She was constantly sexually harassed and often bullied by butch members of the 'fairer' sex.
This Equality nonsense.... on 18:33 - Oct 30 with 1314 viewstheloneranger

Perhaps Loh is worried that the front line is going to turn into a live version of Tinder 😂😂

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

This Equality nonsense.... on 18:39 - Oct 30 with 1296 viewsLohengrin

This Equality nonsense.... on 17:35 - Oct 30 by Batterseajack

It’s a nice theory but it doesn’t hold up.The only army in modern times that has deployed women on the frontline in a large-scale conflict has been the Soviet and as we know the Bolshevik advance into Europe was accompanied by a rampage of sexual violence that was off the scale. Sanctioned at the highest level and urged on the ground by fiendish Kommisars.

‘They’ however are not ‘us.’
[Post edited 30 Oct 2018 23:39]

This Equality nonsense.... on 18:42 - Oct 30 with 1288 viewsLohengrin

This Equality nonsense.... on 18:29 - Oct 30 by 100onZero

You are going to have to explain how you arrived at that conclusion?

This Equality nonsense.... on 18:46 - Oct 30 with 1272 viewsLohengrin

That happens every day in my house, Clase, but there’s no violence involved.

This Equality nonsense.... on 18:50 - Oct 30 with 1258 viewsWingstandwood

This Equality nonsense.... on 18:23 - Oct 30 by exiledclaseboy

What about the male paternal instinct?

Biology comes into play here....The male does indeed have paternal instinct but a female does not have large amounts of male- aggression causing sex hormone testosterone that helps neutralise paternal instinct.

Recently pregnant women also have higher levels of oxytocin which is not exactly a battlefield friendly neurotransmitter either.

Argus!

This Equality nonsense.... on 18:55 - Oct 30 with 1243 viewsHighjack

This Equality nonsense.... on 18:50 - Oct 30 by Wingstandwood

Biology comes into play here....The male does indeed have paternal instinct but a female does not have large amounts of male- aggression causing sex hormone testosterone that helps neutralise paternal instinct.

Recently pregnant women also have higher levels of oxytocin which is not exactly a battlefield friendly neurotransmitter either.

Plus if they get mud in their hair they go absolutely spare.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2018 18:55]

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

This Equality nonsense.... on 18:57 - Oct 30 with 1231 viewsWingstandwood

This Equality nonsense.... on 18:55 - Oct 30 by Highjack

Plus if they get mud in their hair they go absolutely spare.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2018 18:55]

And where there's been an awful lot of tanks there tends to be an awful lot of that mud stuff also.

Argus!

This Equality nonsense.... on 19:03 - Oct 30 with 1214 viewsexiledclaseboy

This Equality nonsense.... on 18:50 - Oct 30 by Wingstandwood

Oh right. Science will stop women being poor front line soldiers because of babies. Case closed.

This Equality nonsense.... on 19:21 - Oct 30 with 1177 viewssquarebear

I cant remember where I read it but in essence the problem with having women in the front line is supposedly that the blokes go to pieces when a woman takes a bullet.
This Equality nonsense.... on 19:26 - Oct 30 with 1166 viewsLohengrin

This Equality nonsense.... on 19:21 - Oct 30 by squarebear

I cant remember where I read it but in essence the problem with having women in the front line is supposedly that the blokes go to pieces when a woman takes a bullet.

Because civilised folk are instinctively concerned with a female’s welfare?

This Equality nonsense.... on 19:32 - Oct 30 with 1152 viewsWingstandwood

This Equality nonsense.... on 19:03 - Oct 30 by exiledclaseboy

Oh right. Science will stop women being poor front line soldiers because of babies. Case closed.

Not poor but lesser effective! Common sense says that! Males are indeed more capable at carrying a heavy army bergen, more capable at carrying a stretcher load back to field hospital or to a combat medic saving a few extra minutes for immediate vital life saving response etc, etc, etc.

Testosterone has a lot to answer for, not just for mental requirement but for physical also.

Argus!

This Equality nonsense.... on 19:47 - Oct 30 with 1109 views100onZero

This Equality nonsense.... on 18:42 - Oct 30 by Lohengrin

You are going to have to explain how you arrived at that conclusion?

I read your post.
This Equality nonsense.... on 20:00 - Oct 30 with 1075 viewsLohengrin

This Equality nonsense.... on 19:47 - Oct 30 by 100onZero

I read your post.

And concluded that being protective of women equates to what? Hating them? That’s a very strange leap.

This Equality nonsense.... on 20:02 - Oct 30 with 1068 viewsLeonWasGod

Could be a cunning plan. If every soldier felt the same it could be an end to all the unnecessary killing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024