Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Evening Post 07:54 - Nov 3 with 2068 viewstaylorsmade

I must say that Evening Post pre match articles are non existent nowadays.
No insight on teams or anything. Absolute crap!
The post match coverage is not that great.
Why has this changed so dramatically from last season when there’d be loads of pre match reports.
Evening Post on 08:53 - Nov 3 with 2003 viewsPrivate_Partz

SWEP has slowly but surely moved from being a local evening paper to a daily rag very much under the control of the Cardiff Media umbrella.
This, along with the resultant decline in readership, has led to the lowering of standards imho. I can only see it continuing.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Evening Post on 09:05 - Nov 3 with 1987 viewsGowerjack

Not bought the post since the printing was moved from Swansea.

The start of a long and inexorable decline.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Evening Post on 10:18 - Nov 3 with 1925 viewsbuilthjack

Used to buy it from the family, one outside C & A, the other outside the market entrance.
With about 3 or 4 other family members hanging around.
Screaming Evanningg Po,oast

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Evening Post on 11:03 - Nov 3 with 1887 viewsmajorraglan

Evening Post on 08:53 - Nov 3 by Private_Partz

SWEP has slowly but surely moved from being a local evening paper to a daily rag very much under the control of the Cardiff Media umbrella.
This, along with the resultant decline in readership, has led to the lowering of standards imho. I can only see it continuing.

I don’t buy the paper anymore, but I do occasionally visit the web site to look at some of the sport and to be honest it drives me bonkers. The number of adverts is a pain and then there’s lots of repetition and so much stuff about Pro 14 rugby which I have no interest in. They use a lot of generic content which comes from other sources, it’s about reducing cost.

Of concern is the relatively small number of people/organisations who own most of the press outlets.
(No subject) (n/t) on 11:32 - Nov 3 with 1852 viewsFireboy2

Evening Post on 10:18 - Nov 3 by builthjack

Used to buy it from the family, one outside C & A, the other outside the market entrance.
With about 3 or 4 other family members hanging around.
Screaming Evanningg Po,oast

It was the smith family ken

I went to dynevor with anthony

Fvck me they were a smelly bunch

In the bluecoat atm havingba few pints before the game

COYJB
[Post edited 3 Nov 2018 14:14]
Evening Post on 12:13 - Nov 3 with 1791 viewsowainglyndwr

Evening Post on 08:53 - Nov 3 by Private_Partz

yep its gone down hill big time, they even try selling it's sister paper in Pontardawe, the scummy Echo
Evening Post on 12:24 - Nov 3 with 1774 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Evening Post on 09:05 - Nov 3 by Gowerjack

Not bought the post since the printing was moved from Swansea.

The start of a long and inexorable decline.

To answer the OP the paper went downhill when it was bought out by a news organization which specialized in producing "newspapers" for illiterate people.

Another thing that cardiff has centralized and ruined along with Glamorgan CCC.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

(No subject) (n/t) on 14:45 - Nov 3 with 1668 viewsbuilthjack

(No subject) (n/t) on 11:32 - Nov 3 by Fireboy2

It was the smith family ken

I went to dynevor with anthony

Fvck me they were a smelly bunch

In the bluecoat atm havingba few pints before the game

COYJB
[Post edited 3 Nov 2018 14:14]

You lucky boy

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

Evening Post on 04:14 - Nov 6 with 1499 viewstaylorsmade

Evening Post on 12:24 - Nov 3 by Brynmill_Jack

To answer the OP the paper went downhill when it was bought out by a news organization which specialized in producing "newspapers" for illiterate people.

Another thing that cardiff has centralized and ruined along with Glamorgan CCC.

I really get the feeling that the decline has mirrored our relegation from PL.
This is understandable to a degree but last Friday’s edition was pathetic in the extreme.
Has Chris Wathan left The Post too?
Evening Post on 04:22 - Nov 6 with 1493 viewsGlyn1

How much does the Evening Post cost nowadays? (that's an honest question, I've moved away). If they no longer have the resources to send local journalists to sit in on council meetings, on court cases, on sports, do long term assignments talking to people about local issues, then we're going to get papers full of personal ads, the TV pages, news from the Press Association and publicity pieces from advertising agencies.

Don't blame the newspapers if they no longer have the resources to do the job.

Please would the next three people who comment only do so if they have bought at least one Evening Post in the last 2 weeks, ta.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2018 4:24]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Evening Post on 12:46 - Nov 6 with 1379 viewsVARDREJACK

Evening Post on 04:22 - Nov 6 by Glyn1

How much does the Evening Post cost nowadays? (that's an honest question, I've moved away). If they no longer have the resources to send local journalists to sit in on council meetings, on court cases, on sports, do long term assignments talking to people about local issues, then we're going to get papers full of personal ads, the TV pages, news from the Press Association and publicity pieces from advertising agencies.

Don't blame the newspapers if they no longer have the resources to do the job.

Please would the next three people who comment only do so if they have bought at least one Evening Post in the last 2 weeks, ta.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2018 4:24]

70p they are now, wife buys one everyday then spends about two hours reading it back to front
Evening Post on 13:21 - Nov 6 with 1346 viewsFireboy2

Evening Post on 12:46 - Nov 6 by VARDREJACK

70p they are now, wife buys one everyday then spends about two hours reading it back to front

2 hours of peace and quiet

Ahh bliss
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024