Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
App instead of carrying your Season Ticket 16:03 - Nov 7 with 5305 views3swan

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/swans-first-uk-football-launch-app-season-ticke

App instead of carrying your Season Ticket on 16:26 - Nov 7 with 4289 viewsBadlands

Depends if you want another app accessing your internet habits and the resulting advertising.
A card is fine - just put. photo on it.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

App instead of carrying your Season Ticket on 16:36 - Nov 7 with 4273 views3swan

App instead of carrying your Season Ticket on 16:26 - Nov 7 by Badlands

Depends if you want another app accessing your internet habits and the resulting advertising.

Too the many who have been brought up with technology, it could be the natural thing.

The other side - technology for technology's sake
App instead of carrying your Season Ticket on 17:08 - Nov 7 with 4226 viewsstevethejack

App instead of carrying your Season Ticket on 16:26 - Nov 7 by Badlands

Can be easily blocked.

I'll still use the card, but if it's forgotten, I'll use the app.
App instead of carrying your Season Ticket on 17:13 - Nov 7 with 4210 viewsBadlands

App instead of carrying your Season Ticket on 16:36 - Nov 7 by 3swan

Too the many who have been brought up with technology, it could be the natural thing.

The other side - technology for technology's sake

Maybe - but when I looked at the Swans App when it was first launched there seemed to be a greater level of intrusion than on similar.
FYI
Introducing IT systems, training and online safety had been a significant part of my working life since the early 80s!

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

App instead of carrying your Season Ticket on 18:31 - Nov 7 with 4128 viewsPacemaker

The ability to access the internet at any time around kick off anywhere around the ground would be an issue, if WiFi was available to all then at least you could guarantee opening the app!

My 4G signal seems to disappear as the crowds grow.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

App instead of carrying your Season Ticket on 18:32 - Nov 7 with 4124 viewsbuilthjack

App instead of carrying your Season Ticket on 18:31 - Nov 7 by Pacemaker

The ability to access the internet at any time around kick off anywhere around the ground would be an issue, if WiFi was available to all then at least you could guarantee opening the app!

What's 4G ?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

App instead of carrying your Season Ticket on 18:48 - Nov 7 with 4110 viewsWhiterockin

If you have it on the app will you be able to let someone use your ticket without them having your phone?
App instead of carrying your Season Ticket on 19:25 - Nov 7 with 4044 viewsAndy1300

App instead of carrying your Season Ticket on 18:48 - Nov 7 by Whiterockin

If you have it on the app will you be able to let someone use your ticket without them having your phone?

Yes

Season cards will also remain fully operational going forward as an additional option and fans are encouraged to bring their card for the next game against Norwich City on November 24 as a back-up option while we continue to test the new in-app functionality.

Number 1 team in Wales

Login to get fewer ads

App instead of carrying your Season Ticket on 20:28 - Nov 7 with 3948 viewsstevethejack

App instead of carrying your Season Ticket on 18:31 - Nov 7 by Pacemaker

Take a screenshot of the app page when attached to wifi or 3g/4g signal
App instead of carrying your Season Ticket on 20:34 - Nov 7 with 3938 viewsLeonWasGod

The times I’ve got no charge, I reckon I’ll be sticking to the card.
App instead of carrying your Season Ticket on 23:31 - Nov 7 with 3810 viewsTenbySwan

I posted a while back about the lack of 4G ON O2 IN the liberty.

Someone posted about switching the phone to 3G only and when I do that it works fine with good coverage. Thanks for that, that was very helpful..

Must admit though this App business baffles me. I have a smart phone and account but my wife, also an ST holder doesn't.

Will still be using my card I think ☺
App instead of carrying your Season Ticket on 01:22 - Nov 8 with 3783 viewsDJack

App instead of carrying your Season Ticket on 18:32 - Nov 7 by builthjack

What's 4G ?

Two horses...

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

App instead of carrying your Season Ticket on 01:25 - Nov 8 with 3781 viewsSwan91

Just seems a prefect idea if you forgot your season ticket for some reason so can still get in.

For me.. I am always the type of person who likes to carry as little as possible.

In South Korea, I use my phone to pay for most things... as I have attached a digital version of my card on my phone. all wireless over here. so I can pay for everything with the phone and can use it to get on buses and subways here.
App instead of carrying your Season Ticket on 03:35 - Nov 8 with 3757 viewsjack247

App instead of carrying your Season Ticket on 01:25 - Nov 8 by Swan91

Just seems a prefect idea if you forgot your season ticket for some reason so can still get in.

For me.. I am always the type of person who likes to carry as little as possible.

In South Korea, I use my phone to pay for most things... as I have attached a digital version of my card on my phone. all wireless over here. so I can pay for everything with the phone and can use it to get on buses and subways here.

You can do that in South Wales too mate...
App instead of carrying your Season Ticket on 04:35 - Nov 8 with 3743 viewsSwan91

App instead of carrying your Season Ticket on 03:35 - Nov 8 by jack247

You can do that in South Wales too mate...

I know.. but really at a basic level compared to countries over here. It really shows when people talk about an app that can do this... over here it's almost a talking point if the company doesn't have a digitalized version of tickets etc.

I feel generally in the U.K... most cities and companies are very behind in terms in technology.... but it's no good having an app that can do this... when there is no coverage in the place where you need to use it.

stuff like this should be basic.. but Wales and the U.K in general need to catch up.
App instead of carrying your Season Ticket on 06:43 - Nov 8 with 3701 viewsbuilthjack

App instead of carrying your Season Ticket on 01:25 - Nov 8 by Swan91

What happens if you lose you right phone?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

App instead of carrying your Season Ticket on 07:11 - Nov 8 with 3681 viewspencoedjack

App instead of carrying your Season Ticket on 17:08 - Nov 7 by stevethejack

Can be easily blocked.

I'll still use the card, but if it's forgotten, I'll use the app.

Ditto
App instead of carrying your Season Ticket on 07:39 - Nov 8 with 3662 viewsjack247

App instead of carrying your Season Ticket on 04:35 - Nov 8 by Swan91

I know.. but really at a basic level compared to countries over here. It really shows when people talk about an app that can do this... over here it's almost a talking point if the company doesn't have a digitalized version of tickets etc.

I feel generally in the U.K... most cities and companies are very behind in terms in technology.... but it's no good having an app that can do this... when there is no coverage in the place where you need to use it.

stuff like this should be basic.. but Wales and the U.K in general need to catch up.

By a digitised version of your card, I thought you meant Apple Pay or the Android equivalent, both of which work everywhere apart from B&Q. If you have something else, fair enough, though I can’t see what else it would need to do?
App instead of carrying your Season Ticket on 22:05 - Nov 8 with 3447 viewsTNT

App instead of carrying your Season Ticket on 01:22 - Nov 8 by DJack

Two horses...

I thought it was someone who had their ticket forged.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

App instead of carrying your Season Ticket on 22:16 - Nov 8 with 3437 viewsDewi1jack

App instead of carrying your Season Ticket on 07:39 - Nov 8 by jack247

By a digitised version of your card, I thought you meant Apple Pay or the Android equivalent, both of which work everywhere apart from B&Q. If you have something else, fair enough, though I can’t see what else it would need to do?

B and Q haven't caught onto contactless yet

Besides that,
what happens when your phone has a broken screen and the barcode reader can't scan it at 5 to 3?

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

App instead of carrying your Season Ticket on 22:27 - Nov 8 with 3429 viewsMuteswan

App instead of carrying your Season Ticket on 20:28 - Nov 7 by stevethejack

Take a screenshot of the app page when attached to wifi or 3g/4g signal

Couldn’t you just take a photo of your card? Same result. Serious question.
App instead of carrying your Season Ticket on 14:14 - Nov 9 with 3326 viewsSwan91

App instead of carrying your Season Ticket on 22:16 - Nov 8 by Dewi1jack

Besides that,
what happens when your phone has a broken screen and the barcode reader can't scan it at 5 to 3?

Well if something like that happens here...there is usually a code not attached to the barcode... they type it in and boom works the same as a barcode.

But obviously if your screen was already broken before... why would you risk it. obviously if the phone is broken then you can go back to regular... if the screen brakes then just have them type in the number one time... obviously if the app has that feature.
App instead of carrying your Season Ticket on 21:29 - Nov 9 with 3235 viewsTNT

Can't beat the old season ticket book mun, when you ripped out a ticket and handed it over at the turnstile. Who says nostalgia is a thing of the past?

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

App instead of carrying your Season Ticket on 01:18 - Nov 10 with 3181 viewsDJack

App instead of carrying your Season Ticket on 21:29 - Nov 9 by TNT

Can't beat the old season ticket book mun, when you ripped out a ticket and handed it over at the turnstile. Who says nostalgia is a thing of the past?

Except it would often go wrong when a game was postponed and on the next game people turned up with the wrong number ticket - ripped out at home so they would not lose the book.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

App instead of carrying your Season Ticket on 03:39 - Nov 10 with 3170 viewsjack247

App instead of carrying your Season Ticket on 22:16 - Nov 8 by Dewi1jack

Besides that,

Turning up at 5 to 3 with a phone not fit for scanning isn’t much different to turning up at 5 to 3 without your season ticket.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024