Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will Potter have the balls 14:19 - Nov 8 with 4656 viewsSgorioFruit

To drop that sack of spuds Nordfelt and put Mulder between the sticks on Saturday?

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Will Potter have the balls on 14:22 - Nov 8 with 3427 viewsbazzool

I hope he drops him. I do prefer Mulder and he stepped upto the mark when given his chance. Why he put nordfelt in baffles me
Will Potter have the balls on 14:31 - Nov 8 with 3397 viewsmonmouth

Surely it takes more balls to stick with Nordfeldt?

Another error and it's not going to play well and he looks very insecure.

I think he will stick with him though, otherwise Mulder would have been back after Ipswich.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Will Potter have the balls on 14:36 - Nov 8 with 3384 viewsjasper_T

Based on the press conference I think he'll stick with Nordfeldt. Said he doesn't want to drop players for making mistakes, wants to see what each keeper can do long term before making decisions, knows people are going to disagree and criticise etc.

On the one hand it's nice to see he's thinking long term (wants to be here the length of his contract, and longer), on the other Nordfeldt is sht.
Will Potter have the balls on 14:38 - Nov 8 with 3380 viewsbuilthjack

It really depends on what is in Nordfeldts contract

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Will Potter have the balls on 14:55 - Nov 8 with 3343 viewslonglostjack

I honestly find the whole situation baffling. Nordfeld's confidence looks shot.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Will Potter have the balls on 14:57 - Nov 8 with 3338 views34dfgdf54

Will Potter have the balls on 14:36 - Nov 8 by jasper_T

Based on the press conference I think he'll stick with Nordfeldt. Said he doesn't want to drop players for making mistakes, wants to see what each keeper can do long term before making decisions, knows people are going to disagree and criticise etc.

On the one hand it's nice to see he's thinking long term (wants to be here the length of his contract, and longer), on the other Nordfeldt is sht.

He made it clear in that statement what this season is all about. Same drum I have been beating for the last few weeks when we have had a few bad results.
Will Potter have the balls on 15:07 - Nov 8 with 3314 viewsmonmouth

Will Potter have the balls on 14:57 - Nov 8 by 34dfgdf54

He made it clear in that statement what this season is all about. Same drum I have been beating for the last few weeks when we have had a few bad results.

Have they had equal games yet? Maybe the idea is to trial everyone and combinations first half of the season and, if we are handily placed, go for it second half? His approach should certainly help avoid a Bielsa Burnout.

Will Potter have the balls on 15:12 - Nov 8 with 3299 viewsjasper_T

Will Potter have the balls on 15:07 - Nov 8 by monmouth

Have they had equal games yet? Maybe the idea is to trial everyone and combinations first half of the season and, if we are handily placed, go for it second half? His approach should certainly help avoid a Bielsa Burnout.

8 starts each.

edit: In the league. +1 for Nordfeldt in the cup.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2018 15:16]
Login to get fewer ads

Will Potter have the balls on 15:45 - Nov 8 with 3226 viewsmonmouth

Will Potter have the balls on 15:12 - Nov 8 by jasper_T

8 starts each.

edit: In the league. +1 for Nordfeldt in the cup.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2018 15:16]

So he's had a good look at both now...

Will Potter have the balls on 16:11 - Nov 8 with 3178 views_

Nordvelt is his preferred choice, it's as simple as that. He likes his ability to play from the back, this is more important in Potters plans than, basically, height, which Mulder has over Nordvelt.

He may at some point have to go back to Mulder, but he doesn't necessarily want to, and this has zero to do with having a look long term to see who maybe more in his plans for next season etc, as Risca is thinking.

That's just nonsense.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Will Potter have the balls on 16:15 - Nov 8 with 3167 viewsjasper_T

Will Potter have the balls on 16:11 - Nov 8 by _

Nordvelt is his preferred choice, it's as simple as that. He likes his ability to play from the back, this is more important in Potters plans than, basically, height, which Mulder has over Nordvelt.

He may at some point have to go back to Mulder, but he doesn't necessarily want to, and this has zero to do with having a look long term to see who maybe more in his plans for next season etc, as Risca is thinking.

That's just nonsense.

So was Potter lying today when he said his aim is to see what both keepers can do with a mind towards long term selection decisions?
Will Potter have the balls on 18:04 - Nov 8 with 3060 viewsZaxx

That's just nonsense.

Nordfelt hasn't exactly proved himself competent regarding his distribution though by any means though has he?
I agree that a GK with outstanding distribution abilities would be a very useful asset but a GK who is sort of ok at it but cannot command his area is surely more of a liability.
I hate to discount any member of the squad but after his display at Notts County away last year, it was obvious to most who were in attendance/watched the match that Kris is not the type of keeper to put any part of his body on the line for anyone or any team.
As a back-up keeper at the time it may have been expected by most, as a starter in the senior/1st team it's surely essential?
If there is anyone within a couple of yards/metres of him he either shrinks into the goalmouth or punches the ball away. Poor form for me.
Will Potter have the balls on 18:06 - Nov 8 with 3047 viewsangryjack

Will Potter have the balls on 14:55 - Nov 8 by longlostjack

I honestly find the whole situation baffling. Nordfeld's confidence looks shot.

Nothing to do with confidence he just not op to it
Will Potter have the balls on 18:13 - Nov 8 with 3037 viewsQuincy999

The problem is potter has backed himself into a corner now. If he drops him then he is admitting he is wrong. Unfortunately I think his ego will prevent him from recalling Mulder. Mulder is so plainly the better keeper, it's not even close. Nordfelt is small, not agile and this talk about him being good with his feet is just a meme without any evidence to support it that I have seen.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2018 18:18]
Will Potter have the balls on 18:29 - Nov 8 with 3008 viewsjack247

I think some of the criticism of Nordfeldt has been a bit OTT. Yes, he was completely for the penalty Saturday and should have saved the winner vs Ipswich, but it’s not as if he’s been a walking disaster. Potter simply likes to play out from the back and trusts him better to do that. It’s quite key, particularly when we have a team of good footballers who aren’t going to be that competitive winning aeriel battles from goal kicks.

I do understand why people want Mulder in, he looks a safer pair of hands and it has been tough on him. It’s not as if we’re keeping DeGea on the bench to play a Sunday league keeper though.
Will Potter have the balls on 19:14 - Nov 8 with 2935 viewsBadlands

Will Potter have the balls on 18:29 - Nov 8 by jack247

I think some of the criticism of Nordfeldt has been a bit OTT. Yes, he was completely for the penalty Saturday and should have saved the winner vs Ipswich, but it’s not as if he’s been a walking disaster. Potter simply likes to play out from the back and trusts him better to do that. It’s quite key, particularly when we have a team of good footballers who aren’t going to be that competitive winning aeriel battles from goal kicks.

I do understand why people want Mulder in, he looks a safer pair of hands and it has been tough on him. It’s not as if we’re keeping DeGea on the bench to play a Sunday league keeper though.

TBF a lot of fans who have watched Norfeldt in Cup games as well as his occasional league games have always considered him to be weak.
For me, I just get the jitters when he plays ... very little confidence in him

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Will Potter have the balls on 19:41 - Nov 8 with 2896 views34dfgdf54

That's just nonsense.

It’s not nonsense at all. He backs up with what he’s saying due to the reluctance to play Dyer and Routs aswell.

He’s building for next year. The club as a whole are building for next year. Success in the league aka promotion/playoffs isn’t Potters target this year.

Steve Kaplan (SK): "We view this as a project in a lot of ways and respects. This is a reboot, we are doing it with young players who really want to be there. We know there are no guarantees we will get promoted in the first year in the Championship. This is a multi-year plan to get back up and, when we get back up, be sustainable."

Or were the yanks lying as well as Potter?
[Post edited 8 Nov 2018 19:57]
Will Potter have the balls on 19:58 - Nov 8 with 2843 viewspencoedjack

Will Potter have the balls on 15:07 - Nov 8 by monmouth

Can’t see Biedla burnout at the moment.

I’d be surprised if Leeds didnt add to the squad in Jan.

Them & Derby for automatic promotion this season in my humble opinion
Will Potter have the balls on 21:41 - Nov 8 with 2738 viewslonglostjack

Will Potter have the balls on 19:41 - Nov 8 by 34dfgdf54

It’s not nonsense at all. He backs up with what he’s saying due to the reluctance to play Dyer and Routs aswell.

He’s building for next year. The club as a whole are building for next year. Success in the league aka promotion/playoffs isn’t Potters target this year.

Steve Kaplan (SK): "We view this as a project in a lot of ways and respects. This is a reboot, we are doing it with young players who really want to be there. We know there are no guarantees we will get promoted in the first year in the Championship. This is a multi-year plan to get back up and, when we get back up, be sustainable."

Or were the yanks lying as well as Potter?
[Post edited 8 Nov 2018 19:57]

That so bloody goes against my DNA as a football fan. I want my team to win every game. Sod this corporate speak. Kaplan know eff all about soccer anyway. Let’s get promoted again and worry about fecking “sustainability” if/when we get there.

Will Potter have the balls on 21:48 - Nov 8 with 2725 viewsMrSwerve

Is there any evidence/stats to suggest that Nordfeldt’s distribution is better that Mulder’s? Mulder’s passing has seemed fine to me. I feel much more confident with him between the posts.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Will Potter have the balls on 22:12 - Nov 8 with 2700 views34dfgdf54

Will Potter have the balls on 21:41 - Nov 8 by longlostjack

That so bloody goes against my DNA as a football fan. I want my team to win every game. Sod this corporate speak. Kaplan know eff all about soccer anyway. Let’s get promoted again and worry about fecking “sustainability” if/when we get there.

Where in my post did I say we don’t want to win every game? If we get promoted then it would be great. Similar to last year, I highly doubt Warnock was told promotion would be his target, he was trying to rebuild a side still reeling from relegation and bad management stints by Trollope and OGS.

We are making huge cut backs, trying to shift a lot of dead wood, it’s very rare you can do all of this and at the same time have a squad capable of competing in a 46 game season for promotion.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2018 22:13]
Will Potter have the balls on 22:36 - Nov 8 with 2663 viewslonglostjack

Will Potter have the balls on 22:12 - Nov 8 by 34dfgdf54

Where in my post did I say we don’t want to win every game? If we get promoted then it would be great. Similar to last year, I highly doubt Warnock was told promotion would be his target, he was trying to rebuild a side still reeling from relegation and bad management stints by Trollope and OGS.

We are making huge cut backs, trying to shift a lot of dead wood, it’s very rare you can do all of this and at the same time have a squad capable of competing in a 46 game season for promotion.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2018 22:13]

It just seemed to be implied in your statement that he was building for next year, as if this season is not really important in the grand scheme of things. Apologies if I read too much into it.

Will Potter have the balls on 22:45 - Nov 8 with 2641 views34dfgdf54

Will Potter have the balls on 22:36 - Nov 8 by longlostjack

It just seemed to be implied in your statement that he was building for next year, as if this season is not really important in the grand scheme of things. Apologies if I read too much into it.

Promotion is obviously the target, I think it is for everyone, but it’s not expected this season and Potter’s performance won’t be judged on where we finish this year in my opinion.
Will Potter have the balls on 23:08 - Nov 8 with 2612 viewsjackrmee

Will Potter have the balls on 21:48 - Nov 8 by MrSwerve

Is there any evidence/stats to suggest that Nordfeldt’s distribution is better that Mulder’s? Mulder’s passing has seemed fine to me. I feel much more confident with him between the posts.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-citys-puzzlin

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Will Potter have the balls on 23:10 - Nov 8 with 2609 viewsjackrmee

Will Potter have the balls on 18:13 - Nov 8 by Quincy999

The problem is potter has backed himself into a corner now. If he drops him then he is admitting he is wrong. Unfortunately I think his ego will prevent him from recalling Mulder. Mulder is so plainly the better keeper, it's not even close. Nordfelt is small, not agile and this talk about him being good with his feet is just a meme without any evidence to support it that I have seen.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2018 18:18]

He is not admitting he is wrong at all. If you read yhe sttement from today, he said that Mulder has done nothing wrong and he has spoken to him about why he isn't in the side right now.
He said he is going to give them both a proper stretch in the team to see how they do. He doesn't want to drop people for mistakes. He chose to start with Nordfeldt, so he is continuing that. Mulder will get his chance again.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024