Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Ancient Briton 21:32 - Nov 1 with 1257 viewsdickythorpe

Anyone been lately? Is it food all day? Their website hasn't been updated for 2 years
The Ancient Briton on 21:35 - Nov 1 with 1253 viewsbuilthjack

Called their on the way home from a game a short while ago. Fantastic meal. The steak was perfect.
Home made chips.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Ancient Briton on 22:39 - Nov 1 with 1212 viewsThrasher6

Thought it was a BBC Four documentary.....

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

The Ancient Briton on 23:22 - Nov 1 with 1179 viewsowainglyndwr

We go there a good few times through the year great selection of beers and really good food
The Ancient Briton on 00:17 - Nov 2 with 1165 viewsjack_lord

The Ancient Briton on 23:22 - Nov 1 by owainglyndwr

We go there a good few times through the year great selection of beers and really good food

How does it compare to the Abercrave and the Penycae?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

The Ancient Briton on 07:04 - Nov 2 with 1117 viewsowainglyndwr

The Ancient Briton on 00:17 - Nov 2 by jack_lord

Penycae is nice but pricey, I have not been to the Abercrave Inn since they have had new owners, but friends say the it is nice.
Also the Dyffryn Bryncoch has a new chef that suppose to be good. ( pontardawe to Neath road)
The Ancient Briton on 08:18 - Nov 2 with 1086 viewsexhmrc1

the girl running the Ancient Briton is originally from a few doors away from you. They used to have the Gwachel. How are things in your daughter's new school.
The Ancient Briton on 18:27 - Nov 2 with 1005 viewsFlashberryjack

The Ancient Briton on 00:17 - Nov 2 by jack_lord

The Ancient Briton is much better than the overrated and overpriced Penycae Inn, the last time I ate there the chips were an inedible pile of mush, there was 26 of us and we all sent the chips back, the steak was OK to be fair.

Haven't been to the Abercrave Inn for many a year, but that's a long story, and probably run by different people now anyway.

I'd definitely choose the Ancient over the Abercrave as I've never had a bad meal there, but my favorite is the Tafarn y Garreg Inn which is a little further up the road and much quieter, especially in the winter months, and it's more of a pub that serves food than a restaurant/that serves beer, if you know what I mean, anyway I'll be there for a drink on Saturday evening.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Ancient Briton on 18:41 - Nov 2 with 994 viewsBrynCartwright

The Ancient Briton on 18:27 - Nov 2 by Flashberryjack

The Ancient Briton is much better than the overrated and overpriced Penycae Inn, the last time I ate there the chips were an inedible pile of mush, there was 26 of us and we all sent the chips back, the steak was OK to be fair.

Haven't been to the Abercrave Inn for many a year, but that's a long story, and probably run by different people now anyway.

I'd definitely choose the Ancient over the Abercrave as I've never had a bad meal there, but my favorite is the Tafarn y Garreg Inn which is a little further up the road and much quieter, especially in the winter months, and it's more of a pub that serves food than a restaurant/that serves beer, if you know what I mean, anyway I'll be there for a drink on Saturday evening.

I love a pub that does good great food, but I also love a pub that just does beer and snacks pulled from boxes. The latter are the type I tend to have the most fun in.

Unfortunately, the fun pubs are the ones that are shutting down the quickest these days.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Login to get fewer ads

The Ancient Briton on 19:11 - Nov 2 with 971 viewsdickythorpe

Tafarn y garreg looks a nice place as well. Thanks for input gents.
The Ancient Briton on 10:48 - Nov 3 with 860 viewsjack_lord

The Ancient Briton on 08:18 - Nov 2 by exhmrc1

the girl running the Ancient Briton is originally from a few doors away from you. They used to have the Gwachel. How are things in your daughter's new school.

She is loving her new school. Who is the girl running the Ancient Briton?

The Ancient Briton on 10:59 - Nov 3 with 857 viewsjack_lord

The Ancient Briton on 07:04 - Nov 2 by owainglyndwr

Penycae is nice but pricey, I have not been to the Abercrave Inn since they have had new owners, but friends say the it is nice.
Also the Dyffryn Bryncoch has a new chef that suppose to be good. ( pontardawe to Neath road)

That's good to know about the Dyffryn. Been thinking about going there for a while. I think the Butcher's is a bit pretentious though it is very decent. The new lodge did an excellent meal but was a bit 80's in there.

The Ancient Briton on 15:37 - Nov 3 with 802 viewsexhmrc1

beth the very small girl and her partner cant think of his name. used to run the gwachel think it is ritchie
[Post edited 3 Nov 2018 16:45]
The Ancient Briton on 23:16 - Nov 9 with 642 viewsjack_lord

Just noticed that the Tafarn y Garreg is also part of the Meerkat Meals 2 for 1 deals.

I wonder if that includes Sunday Roast.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024