Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Neath Rugby Limited Court Case 12:15 - Dec 8 with 1930 viewstheloneranger

What a sad state of affairs for a once great rugby club.

http://www.neathrugby.wales/2018/12/06/neath-rugby-limited-court-case/

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Neath Rugby Limited Court Case on 12:58 - Dec 8 with 1902 viewsmajorraglan

I seem to recall they have had financial difficulties in the past.Not sure what’s really going on there, I am not an expert on financial matters but the club being “wound up” is different to “administration” if it’s the former is that the end of it or can the club be purchased from accountants/insolvency people and continue to trade?
Neath Rugby Limited Court Case on 15:46 - Dec 8 with 1833 viewsdickythorpe

Very sad and incredible.
Neath Rugby Limited Court Case on 17:50 - Dec 8 with 1769 viewstheloneranger

Things could get even worse next season, as the Welsh Premiership League is being reduced from 16 to 12 teams for the 2019/20 season.

... But 5 teams will be relegated, allowing 1 team to be promoted.

This could mean any of the once historic Welsh teams like Neath, Newport, Swansea, Bridgend, Llanelli and Cardiff face the prospect of dropping down another division, and their funding from the WRU slashed from £100K to £16K per year.

So much for regional rugby in Wales ... David Moffett!!
[Post edited 8 Dec 2018 17:54]

Neath Rugby Limited Court Case on 18:17 - Dec 8 with 1737 viewsswanforthemoney

Not all black for them surely ?
Just needs another winding up order by someone who knows what they are doing like HMRC. Once wound up and Cuddy out of the picture, there needs to be a relaunch by interested parties.

I stand in the North Stand

Neath Rugby Limited Court Case on 18:53 - Dec 8 with 1704 viewsmajorraglan

Neath Rugby Limited Court Case on 17:50 - Dec 8 by theloneranger

Things could get even worse next season, as the Welsh Premiership League is being reduced from 16 to 12 teams for the 2019/20 season.

This could mean any of the once historic Welsh teams like Neath, Newport, Swansea, Bridgend, Llanelli and Cardiff face the prospect of dropping down another division, and their funding from the WRU slashed from £100K to £16K per year.

Cardiff and Newport look safe, both are in the top 6 and have links to their regional teams, Swansea and Llanelli seem to getting some momentum and again may benefit from regional connections, Bridgend in the mix at the moment but they have strong links with the Ospreys.

Neath look doomed, their coach has walked tonight because of the lack of medical provision for the players. Bedwas and argoed are close to the bottom and could go down. It’s very tight.
Neath Rugby Limited Court Case on 19:08 - Dec 8 with 1691 viewstheloneranger

Neath Rugby Limited Court Case on 18:53 - Dec 8 by majorraglan

Cardiff and Newport look safe, both are in the top 6 and have links to their regional teams, Swansea and Llanelli seem to getting some momentum and again may benefit from regional connections, Bridgend in the mix at the moment but they have strong links with the Ospreys.

Neath look doomed, their coach has walked tonight because of the lack of medical provision for the players. Bedwas and argoed are close to the bottom and could go down. It’s very tight.

It's any 5 from 7 @ the bottom, Neath, Bargoed, Bedwas, Cross Keys, Bridgend, Llanelli and Swansea.

Even the ones who survive are having their funding cut from £100K to £40K a year by the WRU
[Post edited 8 Dec 2018 19:11]

Neath Rugby Limited Court Case on 19:35 - Dec 8 with 1657 viewsdickythorpe

I think there is a playoff between the 5th from bottom and champions in Championship. It's likely to be Pontypool, if they don't go up it would be grossly unfair on them.
Neath Rugby Limited Court Case on 19:58 - Dec 8 with 1629 viewsmajorraglan

Neath Rugby Limited Court Case on 19:08 - Dec 8 by theloneranger

It's any 5 from 7 @ the bottom, Neath, Bargoed, Bedwas, Cross Keys, Bridgend, Llanelli and Swansea.

Even the ones who survive are having their funding cut from £100K to £40K a year by the WRU

I wasn’t aware they were cutting the budget of the Premership teams so much, I knew the was movement towards an Under 21 or Under 23 league based on regional teams, but seriously who will watch that because not many are going to the full Regional games!

If Welsh rugby is going to prosper, then it needs to have a healthy level of competion underneath the regional level.
Login to get fewer ads

Neath Rugby Limited Court Case on 20:29 - Dec 8 with 1610 viewsdeepdale81

Neath Rugby Limited Court Case on 19:08 - Dec 8 by theloneranger

Even the ones to survive will have less fixtures to receive gate money.
there is a cross border competition being introduced with semipro scottish teams .
But only for the top six clubs.
Truth is they want less teams so more people will go regional.
A mass disservice to a rugby fans saturday afternoon.
Neath Rugby Limited Court Case on 21:47 - Dec 8 with 1583 viewsmajorraglan

Neath Rugby Limited Court Case on 20:29 - Dec 8 by deepdale81

Even the ones to survive will have less fixtures to receive gate money.
there is a cross border competition being introduced with semipro scottish teams .
But only for the top six clubs.
Truth is they want less teams so more people will go regional.
A mass disservice to a rugby fans saturday afternoon.

I totally agree.

I am pretty sure they used to have the a club cup competition with the English, Scottish and Irish teams, I think it then eventually went regional but it fell by the wayside.

The reason they went to 16 teams was to give the clubs more games instead of having weekends off, clubs need games to make money on the gate and in the club house and having weekends off was causing issues.
It’s mad having a competion for only half the league, what are the other teams supposed to do? Having less money is not going to help them develop younger players, all that’s going to happen is those players who are of a decent standard are going to move to England.
Neath Rugby Limited Court Case on 11:46 - Dec 9 with 1465 viewstaffpunk

Neath Rugby Limited Court Case on 19:35 - Dec 8 by dickythorpe

I think there is a playoff between the 5th from bottom and champions in Championship. It's likely to be Pontypool, if they don't go up it would be grossly unfair on them.

I went to watch Ystrad Rhondda over Pontypool last week, was having a chat with a couple of their supporters before the game. They're leaving their ground apparently, so don't even know where they'll be playing next season. They didn't think they'd be allowed to go up as wherever they end up playing, their facilities won't meet the standards set down by the WRU.

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Neath Rugby Limited Court Case on 13:21 - Dec 9 with 1410 viewsItchySphincter

Neath Rugby Limited Court Case on 17:50 - Dec 8 by theloneranger

How could the clubs survive when the regional franchises were created?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Neath Rugby Limited Court Case on 13:28 - Dec 9 with 1401 viewstheloneranger

"MESSAGE FROM NEATH RUGBY COACHES AND TEAM MANAGEMENT"

http://www.neathrugby.wales/2018/12/09/message-from-neath-rugby-coaches-and-team

Neath Rugby Limited Court Case on 20:02 - Dec 9 with 1318 viewsProfessor

Neath Rugby Limited Court Case on 11:46 - Dec 9 by taffpunk

I went to watch Ystrad Rhondda over Pontypool last week, was having a chat with a couple of their supporters before the game. They're leaving their ground apparently, so don't even know where they'll be playing next season. They didn't think they'd be allowed to go up as wherever they end up playing, their facilities won't meet the standards set down by the WRU.

That is indeed the case. Don’t know the circumstances, but there must be a few clubs where the land would be attractive for development.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024