Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Routledge 16:37 - Dec 15 with 8994 viewsBLAZE

Has been a class signing - our most capped player during the clubs most successful period ever, I believe

OK, he was finished at PL level. But now we're in the Championship we should've used him more. He's proved that over the last few games

Top Jack. F*ck the boo boys
Routledge on 16:40 - Dec 15 with 5508 views34dfgdf54

Agreed.

Still expect him to go but I hope not.
Routledge on 16:42 - Dec 15 with 5489 viewsicecoldjack

Yep, most skillfull player at the club, the only reason potter can't have been playing him and dyer is because he's been told to blood the youngsters instead.

I thought the whole point of these boys having longer contracts was they were an insurance policy if relegated to the championship, well, we got relegated and then we don't play them!!

Crazy really. Routs and dyer have more than enough in this division criminal they've not been used more often.
Routledge on 16:43 - Dec 15 with 5475 viewsMrSwerve

Only the clueless on here have criticised Routs. Very good player in his day, decent backup in the PL and decent starter for this level.

Add him to the boo boys list with Jack Cork, Nathan Dyer, Jon de Guzman, etc etc. [I'd even add Shelvey, Ki etc in that list too - decent enough players]
[Post edited 15 Dec 2018 16:44]

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Routledge on 16:51 - Dec 15 with 5426 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Wayne actually looks revitalised, perhaps it is playing with so many enthusiastic youngsters.
Routledge on 17:02 - Dec 15 with 5318 viewsicecoldjack

Routledge on 16:43 - Dec 15 by MrSwerve

Only the clueless on here have criticised Routs. Very good player in his day, decent backup in the PL and decent starter for this level.

Add him to the boo boys list with Jack Cork, Nathan Dyer, Jon de Guzman, etc etc. [I'd even add Shelvey, Ki etc in that list too - decent enough players]

I'd give you all of those apart from Ki, while having plenty of talent he only seemed to turn it on when there was a contract to be won.

One of those that did just enough, while players of less ability but more heart put him in the shade most weekends.

Routs has been picked by almost every single manager since being at the club, he was a better player all round player than Sinclair but Rodgers was faithful to Scott.

Coming to the end of his career but his emotional interview after last week's game spoke volumes for me, great pro and I hope he continues his form here with us, he will be a huge help for the young players too.
Routledge on 17:03 - Dec 15 with 5311 viewsdickythorpe

Can't believe no one in the championship didn't snap him up over the last few seasons.
Routledge on 17:04 - Dec 15 with 5304 viewsDarran

He’s a decent enough Championship player at this stage in his career.

Stop getting carried away.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Routledge on 17:04 - Dec 15 with 5301 viewssmellyjack

Missed the game today, what position did he play? I assume no 10
Login to get fewer ads

Routledge on 17:06 - Dec 15 with 5274 viewsMrSwerve

Routledge on 17:02 - Dec 15 by icecoldjack

I'd give you all of those apart from Ki, while having plenty of talent he only seemed to turn it on when there was a contract to be won.

One of those that did just enough, while players of less ability but more heart put him in the shade most weekends.

Routs has been picked by almost every single manager since being at the club, he was a better player all round player than Sinclair but Rodgers was faithful to Scott.

Coming to the end of his career but his emotional interview after last week's game spoke volumes for me, great pro and I hope he continues his form here with us, he will be a huge help for the young players too.

I was a bit reluctant to add the Shelvey and Ki part in - because they had their flaws - but they'd be at bigger clubs if they didn't.

I accept your point with Ki - although he was another one of those that people would jump down his throat at any possible opportunity.

Routledge on 17:07 - Dec 15 with 5260 viewsPegojack

There's a lot of re-writing of history going on in this thread.
For the past couple of seasons, he's veered between anonymous, atrocious and downright embarrassing.
I'm very glad if he's now found his level and is making a big contribution again, I never want to see a Swans player fail.
Routledge on 17:07 - Dec 15 with 5249 viewsElmo

Exactly. From the outset when he was by far our best player vs Yeovil it was clear the GP totally 'got ' WR. It seemed clear that he would be one of his disciples. Intelligent heads-up progressive mature pro.

Something/somebody changed that.
Routledge on 17:08 - Dec 15 with 5233 viewsMrSwerve

Routledge on 17:04 - Dec 15 by Darran

He’s a decent enough Championship player at this stage in his career.

Stop getting carried away.

Thanks for agreeing with me.

Routledge on 17:10 - Dec 15 with 5217 viewsmidswan

Routledge on 17:07 - Dec 15 by Elmo

Exactly. From the outset when he was by far our best player vs Yeovil it was clear the GP totally 'got ' WR. It seemed clear that he would be one of his disciples. Intelligent heads-up progressive mature pro.

Spot on..
Routledge on 17:19 - Dec 15 with 5116 viewsicecoldjack

Routledge on 17:06 - Dec 15 by MrSwerve

I was a bit reluctant to add the Shelvey and Ki part in - because they had their flaws - but they'd be at bigger clubs if they didn't.

I accept your point with Ki - although he was another one of those that people would jump down his throat at any possible opportunity.

Yeah I agree, but I think that was mostly frustration in knowing that some weekends he just wasn't on message and seemed to undo good work from a previous good performance .

I've been saying for some weeks that experience is needed in this division and I have to wonder the reasons for not utilising some of it sooner, which leads me to think the club wanted potter to blood the younger players instead, it really is shop window stuff now for Wayne, which may also have been in the club's thinking for him and dyer with the January window soon arriving.

His desire seems to be still burning so well done him and helping the team through a very sticky patch.

Be interesting to see what happens in January, any promotion chasing club may fancy taking a shot on him to add a bit extra.

He's very decent at this level, but that shouldn't come as a shock to anyone really.
Routledge on 17:20 - Dec 15 with 5112 viewsjasper_T

Was it when he tried Routledge in midfield on the tour and he was absolutely awful?
Routledge on 17:24 - Dec 15 with 5083 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Since 2014, there still hasn't been a Swans goal as beautiful as this one.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Routledge on 17:24 - Dec 15 with 5077 viewsicecoldjack

Hard to argue with any of that.

Playing Asoro ahead of routs and dyer ? Seems odd as fook to me and many thousand others .

Happy for routs, been a great signing and has proven there's still more to offer.
Routledge on 17:35 - Dec 15 with 4978 viewsKilkennyjack

Routledge on 17:24 - Dec 15 by icecoldjack

Hard to argue with any of that.

Playing Asoro ahead of routs and dyer ? Seems odd as fook to me and many thousand others .

Happy for routs, been a great signing and has proven there's still more to offer.

100 per cent.

Team Routs.

Beware of the Risen People

Routledge on 17:54 - Dec 15 with 4845 viewsBLAZE

Routledge on 17:07 - Dec 15 by Pegojack

For the past couple of seasons, he's veered between anonymous, atrocious and downright embarrassing.
I'm very glad if he's now found his level and is making a big contribution again, I never want to see a Swans player fail.

You're not on Radio Wales right now by any chance?

Apparently he's been rubbish for 5 or 6 seasons
Routledge on 18:02 - Dec 15 with 4778 viewsJango

Routs was out of his depth for the last 3 seasons in the prem. it got to a stage where it was cringeworthy watching him. Glad he’s making a good contribution at this level though, seems like a decent guy so I’d be more than happy to see him end his playing days with us on a high.

Quite surprised to see De Guzman on that list to be honest. Was an absolute gem of a player for us. Majestic at times.
Routledge on 18:08 - Dec 15 with 4736 viewsMrSwerve

Routledge on 18:02 - Dec 15 by Jango

Routs was out of his depth for the last 3 seasons in the prem. it got to a stage where it was cringeworthy watching him. Glad he’s making a good contribution at this level though, seems like a decent guy so I’d be more than happy to see him end his playing days with us on a high.

Quite surprised to see De Guzman on that list to be honest. Was an absolute gem of a player for us. Majestic at times.

Not sure I'd go with 'out of his depth' entirely - I'd agree that he wasn't a starting XI type of player for a team that was aiming for mid table as we were - but he was adequate for backup off the bench.
The pelters JdG had at times was laughable.

If we are going to go with youth, having 2 or 3 senior players who are 'Jacks' would be imperative for me. Hell, I'd still have Rangel here if it was up to me.

Routledge on 18:35 - Dec 15 with 4568 viewsPegojack

Routledge on 17:54 - Dec 15 by BLAZE

You're not on Radio Wales right now by any chance?

Apparently he's been rubbish for 5 or 6 seasons

No, I don"t know who's saying that, it's nonsense, he made a big contribution in his earlier years with us, but I'm not going to deny the evidence of my own eyes just because he's scored a couple of goals in the Championship. His loss of form and confidence in the past couple of seasons was dramatic and long running.
I'll be the first to cheer him if he has turned the corner playing at a lower level.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2018 18:36]
Routledge on 18:37 - Dec 15 with 4546 viewsJack_Kass

I think history will be kind to him.

Should have been told at the start of the season.. 'you should be a top player at this level, prove your worth and we'll talk again in January'

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Routledge on 18:40 - Dec 15 with 4522 viewsicecoldjack

Routledge on 17:07 - Dec 15 by Pegojack

I don't think so, he's been more consistent than players bought for many millions more.

The re-writing of history is more to do with people such as yourself expecting to see a Rolls Royce player every week when we only paid the price of a Skoda .

If you take his time here in total he's been far more successful than most, people expected him to be world level for £1,5m quid and outshine world class defenders every week, the truth is that players outside the top 6 teams will always be inconsistent .

You just have to be accepting of the reality really, I think most are .
[Post edited 15 Dec 2018 18:41]
Routledge on 18:52 - Dec 15 with 4439 viewsJango

Routledge on 18:08 - Dec 15 by MrSwerve

Not sure I'd go with 'out of his depth' entirely - I'd agree that he wasn't a starting XI type of player for a team that was aiming for mid table as we were - but he was adequate for backup off the bench.
The pelters JdG had at times was laughable.

If we are going to go with youth, having 2 or 3 senior players who are 'Jacks' would be imperative for me. Hell, I'd still have Rangel here if it was up to me.

Wouldn’t disagree with that. Up until last week we’ve only really had VDH, Fer and Olson with any experience and the latter 2 have been unfit and out of form. Dyer and Routledge are perfect players to have in and around the youngsters, whether starters or coming off the bench. Be nice to see us bring another 1 or 2 more experienced players in January.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024