Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cardiff and the South East seem to be getting most of the investment 18:54 - Dec 16 with 3918 viewstrampie

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Cardiff and the South East seem to be getting most of the investment on 18:56 - Dec 16 with 2886 viewsunion_jack

Crikey Trampie, that's shocked me to the core!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Cardiff and the South East seem to be getting most of the investment on 12:06 - Dec 20 with 2696 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Nice to read some common sense from a political party in wales for a change.
Cardiff and the South East seem to be getting most of the investment on 12:11 - Dec 20 with 2687 viewsCountyJim

Just a stab in the dark here but SE Wales has the highest population compered to other regions
Cardiff and the South East seem to be getting most of the investment on 13:05 - Dec 20 with 2644 viewsjack_lord

Cardiff and the South East seem to be getting most of the investment on 12:11 - Dec 20 by CountyJim

Just a stab in the dark here but SE Wales has the highest population compered to other regions

So no one lives in the rest of Wales?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Cardiff and the South East seem to be getting most of the investment on 13:16 - Dec 20 with 2634 viewsLeonWasGod

Cardiff and the South East seem to be getting most of the investment on 12:06 - Dec 20 by blaenaugwentjack

Nice to read some common sense from a political party in wales for a change.

They don't say a lot though, other than we shouldn't lose investment (having already established there isn't enough) and we should spread it around. They're right, but it's hardly radical and I can't see it making a massive difference. Wales' problems won't be solved by a new bypass around some provincial town somewhere.

Baby steps though I suppose.
Cardiff and the South East seem to be getting most of the investment on 13:21 - Dec 20 with 2630 viewsCountyJim

Cardiff and the South East seem to be getting most of the investment on 13:05 - Dec 20 by jack_lord

So no one lives in the rest of Wales?

I didn't say that but it makes sense that the areas with the biggest population gets more money
Cardiff and the South East seem to be getting most of the investment on 14:15 - Dec 20 with 2604 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Cardiff and the South East seem to be getting most of the investment on 13:16 - Dec 20 by LeonWasGod

They don't say a lot though, other than we shouldn't lose investment (having already established there isn't enough) and we should spread it around. They're right, but it's hardly radical and I can't see it making a massive difference. Wales' problems won't be solved by a new bypass around some provincial town somewhere.

Baby steps though I suppose.

I agree, but the proposed Swansea to Bangor rail link is a big step in the right direction as is the proposed north/south dualling of the A470 or/and the coastal route.
Cardiff and the South East seem to be getting most of the investment on 17:50 - Dec 20 with 2545 viewsjohnlangy

Cardiff and the South East seem to be getting most of the investment on 13:21 - Dec 20 by CountyJim

I didn't say that but it makes sense that the areas with the biggest population gets more money

Of course it does Jim.

But the situation with Cardiff and the South East of Wales is similar to London and the South East of England which gets far more investment than it deserves at the expanse of the rest of the country.
Login to get fewer ads

Cardiff and the South East seem to be getting most of the investment on 19:14 - Dec 20 with 2516 viewsLeonWasGod

Cardiff and the South East seem to be getting most of the investment on 14:15 - Dec 20 by blaenaugwentjack

I agree, but the proposed Swansea to Bangor rail link is a big step in the right direction as is the proposed north/south dualling of the A470 or/and the coastal route.

That’s true enough. It’d be nice to join up the west in those plans. It’s ridiculous how long it takes to get to Aberystwyth considering how close it is.
Cardiff and the South East seem to be getting most of the investment on 13:21 - Dec 21 with 2428 viewspencoedjack

Cardiff and the South East seem to be getting most of the investment on 13:21 - Dec 20 by CountyJim

I'm surprised somebody from Newport would think SE Wales gets the most investment.

Let be honest only Cardiff gets decent investment these days.

Anyway, the majority will keep voting for Labour.
Cardiff and the South East seem to be getting most of the investment on 13:34 - Dec 21 with 2422 viewsWhiterockin

I'm sure when Wales voted for devolution, it was stated that any assembly would tour around wales and not based in one place. In the end it went to Cardiff (not what was voted for) and so has all the money since. I stand to be corrected by Trampie.

On a side issue the vote was about 50. something against 49. something. And there was never a demand for a second vote unlike Brexit.
Cardiff and the South East seem to be getting most of the investment on 13:40 - Dec 21 with 2412 viewstrampie

Cardiff and the South East seem to be getting most of the investment on 13:34 - Dec 21 by Whiterockin

I'm sure when Wales voted for devolution, it was stated that any assembly would tour around wales and not based in one place. In the end it went to Cardiff (not what was voted for) and so has all the money since. I stand to be corrected by Trampie.

On a side issue the vote was about 50. something against 49. something. And there was never a demand for a second vote unlike Brexit.

I don't recall it ever being stated by the English led authorities that the Assembly would be taken around Wales, I remember Plaid wanting to take it around Wales but unfortunately I cant remember the unionist parties proposing that.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Cardiff and the South East seem to be getting most of the investment on 11:39 - Dec 22 with 2288 viewscontroversial_jack

It's the same in England regarding London.This new high speed rail link - which will cost us a fortunate, is going ahead under the pretense of owning up the midlands and the Northern cities to expansion. The reality is, it will bring more investment into London.
Cardiff and the South East seem to be getting most of the investment on 14:28 - Dec 22 with 2254 viewsPrivate_Partz

I think we are talking per capita investment here Jim. It follows the most populated areas will get the most. The last time I looked. and it is very difficult to find, the spending per head in the SE was twice that of the rest of Wales. Very unfairly skewed in Favour of the SE.
So begins the vicious cycle of spending more on transport infrastructure in the SE which in turn attracts more investment.
imho there is a case for reversing the trend and spending more on the rest of Wales until the balance has been redressed. But that would never do. I doubt Drakeford will make any difference.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Cardiff and the South East seem to be getting most of the investment on 20:09 - Dec 22 with 2202 viewsvalleyboy

Cardiff and the South East seem to be getting most of the investment on 12:11 - Dec 20 by CountyJim

Exactly

Of the 3 million population of Wales. Over 80% live in the south east

So what does anyone expect; for it to be different

Investment goes to where the biggest population live, work and play
Cardiff and the South East seem to be getting most of the investment on 20:34 - Dec 22 with 2188 viewslondonlisa2001

Cardiff and the South East seem to be getting most of the investment on 20:09 - Dec 22 by valleyboy

Exactly

Nonsense.

About 54% live outside the south east.

Statistics are readily available.
Cardiff and the South East seem to be getting most of the investment on 20:34 - Dec 22 with 2188 viewstrampie

Cardiff and the South East seem to be getting most of the investment on 20:09 - Dec 22 by valleyboy

Exactly

Less than half the population of Wales live there.

Cardiff and the South East seem to be getting most of the investment on 00:58 - Dec 23 with 2150 viewsvalleyboy

Cardiff and the South East seem to be getting most of the investment on 20:34 - Dec 22 by londonlisa2001

Nonsense.

About 54% live outside the south east.

Statistics are readily available.

Just check the density population of districts that feed into the south or south east of wales compared to areas like Swansea and to West Wales

Statistics are ready available for you to see, or do you think the districts like Cardiff, Gwent, Valleys, Cynon Valley or even districts like Bridgend are more closely linked to Swansea or even further west of Swansea

If places like Swansea are so progressive then why is the place so run down

Go to Swansea on say a week day, then do the same in going to Cardiff

It’s like living in a different World between the two cities and then judge the difference

Who in their right mind would invest in a run down city

Business invest where the money is, especially in retail
Cardiff and the South East seem to be getting most of the investment on 11:11 - Dec 23 with 2110 viewsWhiterockin

Cardiff and the South East seem to be getting most of the investment on 00:58 - Dec 23 by valleyboy

Just check the density population of districts that feed into the south or south east of wales compared to areas like Swansea and to West Wales

Statistics are ready available for you to see, or do you think the districts like Cardiff, Gwent, Valleys, Cynon Valley or even districts like Bridgend are more closely linked to Swansea or even further west of Swansea

It’s like living in a different World between the two cities and then judge the difference

So Mid and North wales don't exist. These areas are crying out for investment. Masses of money are being spent on the Heads of the Valley, plus talk of a Newport bypass, but what about mid and north Wales (don't site the Newtown bypass this is chicken feed in comparison). The rail/road travel time between south and north Wales is inexcusable.
Cardiff and the South East seem to be getting most of the investment on 11:43 - Dec 23 with 2082 viewslondonlisa2001

Cardiff and the South East seem to be getting most of the investment on 00:58 - Dec 23 by valleyboy

What are you on about? You said 80% of the population of Wales live in the South East. It’s less than 50%.

That includes Cardiff, Bridgend, Newport, Merthyr, Rhondda Cynon Taff, Vale of Glamorgan, Caerphilly, Blaenau Gwent, Torfaen.

Whether Swansea is progressive or not is a different question.
Cardiff and the South East seem to be getting most of the investment on 12:01 - Dec 23 with 2070 viewsvalleyboy

Cardiff and the South East seem to be getting most of the investment on 11:43 - Dec 23 by londonlisa2001

What are you on about? You said 80% of the population of Wales live in the South East. It’s less than 50%.

That includes Cardiff, Bridgend, Newport, Merthyr, Rhondda Cynon Taff, Vale of Glamorgan, Caerphilly, Blaenau Gwent, Torfaen.

Whether Swansea is progressive or not is a different question.

It’s not just the south/east of Wales that you must consider, but the areas that naturally feed into that area

You ask the people of the Rhondda, Cynon Valley, Merthyr Tydfil, Gwent Valleys, Vale of Glamorgan and even places like Bridgend, in where they go shopping or even to work and the big marjority wouldn’t say they would be going to places like Swansea or further west or even going up to mid Wales

Who in their right mind would want to go shopping in Swansea these days, compared to what there is in Cardiff
Cardiff and the South East seem to be getting most of the investment on 12:04 - Dec 23 with 2067 viewsWhiterockin

Cardiff and the South East seem to be getting most of the investment on 12:01 - Dec 23 by valleyboy

It’s not just the south/east of Wales that you must consider, but the areas that naturally feed into that area

You ask the people of the Rhondda, Cynon Valley, Merthyr Tydfil, Gwent Valleys, Vale of Glamorgan and even places like Bridgend, in where they go shopping or even to work and the big marjority wouldn’t say they would be going to places like Swansea or further west or even going up to mid Wales

Who in their right mind would want to go shopping in Swansea these days, compared to what there is in Cardiff

All the more reason for a fair share of any investment. This is the point.
Cardiff and the South East seem to be getting most of the investment on 12:11 - Dec 23 with 2059 viewslondonlisa2001

Cardiff and the South East seem to be getting most of the investment on 12:01 - Dec 23 by valleyboy

And as I said, the populations of those areas are included in the 45% that live in the South East of Wales. I listed the areas I included in my post.

As for shopping, I live in London. I think Cardiff is nice city. On a par with places like Sheffield, or Leeds. Not as nice as places like Manchester or Bristol. I read on here that some Plaid bod thinks it could be on a par with Paris. That’s pretty funny to be honest.

Swansea is nicer. Not for the centre of the city and shopping, but Cardiff has nothing equivalent to Mumbles, or Gower, or Swansea Bay. Money is what is needed for Swansea. There’s no money in the world that can buy Cardiff the natural beauty of Swansea.
Cardiff and the South East seem to be getting most of the investment on 12:39 - Dec 23 with 2051 viewsvalleyboy

Cardiff and the South East seem to be getting most of the investment on 12:11 - Dec 23 by londonlisa2001

And as I said, the populations of those areas are included in the 45% that live in the South East of Wales. I listed the areas I included in my post.

As for shopping, I live in London. I think Cardiff is nice city. On a par with places like Sheffield, or Leeds. Not as nice as places like Manchester or Bristol. I read on here that some Plaid bod thinks it could be on a par with Paris. That’s pretty funny to be honest.

Swansea is nicer. Not for the centre of the city and shopping, but Cardiff has nothing equivalent to Mumbles, or Gower, or Swansea Bay. Money is what is needed for Swansea. There’s no money in the world that can buy Cardiff the natural beauty of Swansea.

Have you ever spoken to someone living down the Mumbles or the Gower and told them that they are Swansea people

A short shrift reply would soon be coming

The same argument that you are using can be said of Penarth and the Vale to Cardiff

As for you saying that Cardiff is not as nice as Manchester or Bristol, then why has Cardiff been rated the third best retail place in the whole of the U.K. then

You obviously haven’t been walking around Swansea, shopping for a long time

A absolute dreadful place to go these days

I could refer you to people that you know well, that were born and bread in the so called Swansea area, that would say the same in what I have just said
Cardiff and the South East seem to be getting most of the investment on 16:13 - Dec 23 with 2014 viewsjack_lord

If the Welsh assembly was batting for Swansea then my guess is that we may be a little more progressive.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024