Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Band of Brothers. 23:56 - Jan 30 with 1183 viewslifelong

Been watching this 10 part mini series for the past few weeks, it’s a few years old now (2001) produced by Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks....brilliant.
Band of Brothers. on 00:05 - Jan 31 with 1172 viewscontroversial_jack

It's standard American Rubbish
Band of Brothers. on 00:06 - Jan 31 with 1168 viewsJonathans_coat

Watched it when it came out. Bought the box set.

A modern classic.
Band of Brothers. on 00:47 - Jan 31 with 1145 viewsTreforys_Jack

Its really good stuff, very realistic and harrowing in places. I've visited a lot of the places in the series, which brings the realities of what these men went through to life. 10/10 for me.

I didn't enjoy "The Pacific" as much initially, however after watching it a second time recently its also well worth a watch.

You may enjoy "generation war" which is 3 part mini series from a German perspective.
Band of Brothers. on 00:48 - Jan 31 with 1143 viewsTreforys_Jack

Band of Brothers. on 00:05 - Jan 31 by controversial_jack

Care to elaborate ? or just trying to live up to your username.
Band of Brothers. on 03:07 - Jan 31 with 1123 viewsPozuelosSideys

Bollox

It may have one or two historical flaws, but its an outstanding watch

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Band of Brothers. on 10:01 - Jan 31 with 998 viewsjack2jack

Excellent series,well worth a watch.
Band of Brothers. on 10:06 - Jan 31 with 995 viewsjackrmee

Obviously never watched it. One of the best war films ever made. THE best war series. 10/10

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Band of Brothers. on 10:12 - Jan 31 with 994 viewsJonathans_coat

Band of Brothers. on 00:47 - Jan 31 by Treforys_Jack

Its really good stuff, very realistic and harrowing in places. I've visited a lot of the places in the series, which brings the realities of what these men went through to life. 10/10 for me.

I didn't enjoy "The Pacific" as much initially, however after watching it a second time recently its also well worth a watch.

You may enjoy "generation war" which is 3 part mini series from a German perspective.

I also didn’t enjoy the Pacific as much first time round. But after watching it again, I think it portrays the emotional and psychological effects of war on the individual soldier even better than BOB.
Login to get fewer ads

Band of Brothers. on 10:27 - Jan 31 with 973 viewsLohengrin

I know what you mean. Band of Brothers has a clear, chronological narrative whereas The Pacific can seem disjointed, a bit all over the place by comparison.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Band of Brothers. on 11:18 - Jan 31 with 932 viewslifelong

The scenes in episode 9,at the end of the war when a patrol discover a concentration camp,are truly horrendous, very thought provoking...everyone should watch it.
Band of Brothers. on 11:37 - Jan 31 with 908 viewsLegend83

One of my all time favourites - great for actor-spotting as well, lots of people in there before their Hollywood break-outs.

Anyone who thinks they are cold right now needs to watch the Bastogne episode!
Band of Brothers. on 11:48 - Jan 31 with 900 viewsThrasher6

It's a fantastic series....period

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Band of Brothers. on 12:51 - Jan 31 with 845 viewsJango

Outstanding series. I didn’t find The Pacific quite as good but still excellent. The 3rd season is not far from being finished apparently. The Mighty Eighth the masters of the air it’s calked
[Post edited 31 Jan 2019 12:55]
Band of Brothers. on 14:48 - Jan 31 with 752 viewsTreforys_Jack

Band of Brothers. on 10:27 - Jan 31 by Lohengrin

I know what you mean. Band of Brothers has a clear, chronological narrative whereas The Pacific can seem disjointed, a bit all over the place by comparison.

Yes agreed, when you realise the Pacific is two completely different stories, its a good watch. I kept expecting Leckie and Sledge to meet up for some reason. Rami Malek is excellent in it, one scene in particular which sums up how war totally de-sensitises the soul.
Band of Brothers. on 15:25 - Jan 31 with 719 viewsBloodyhills

It's a good series.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Band of Brothers. on 17:47 - Jan 31 with 654 viewsLord_Bony

Band of Brothers is now a classic,great collaboration between Speilberg and Hanks,almost a continuation of Private Ryan from 97.

Generation War I did enjoy, a great view from the German side.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Band of Brothers. on 17:50 - Jan 31 with 645 viewsLord_Bony

While we re on the subject folks, don't forget there's a brand new series remade of Das Boot out now, looks good.

This post has been edited by an administrator

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Band of Brothers. on 18:12 - Jan 31 with 619 viewsWxmJax

(In best Michael Caine accent) Did you know that Band of Brothers, and some of Saving Private Ryan, was filmed at Hatfield Aerodrome in Hertfordshire hence so many young British actors in it. They built replicas of European towns but all gone now for housing and industry. Scary when you think how long ago it was made.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024