Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Out in three years 15:05 - Jan 18 with 2195 viewsDarran

Pair of fuçking slags. 😡

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6606897/Mothers-two-year-old-daughter-s

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Out in three years on 15:20 - Jan 18 with 2140 viewssainthelens

Heart breaking story. Can only hope the fckers come a cropper whilst inside.
Out in three years on 16:30 - Jan 18 with 2017 viewsjack2jack

Beggers belief Dar, poor little girl didn't stand a chance in life.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2019 16:31]
Out in three years on 16:44 - Jan 18 with 1973 viewsLoyal

Not sure where the 3 years comes from, there's no way based on a straight 76 months ( 6 years, 4 months ) they will only serve 36, unless they have been on remand which seeing them walking into court in this story they clearly haven't been. The sentence is above 4 years Darran and has aggravating circumstances ( death and neglect ) so they won't be suitable for a halfway release. Best they can hope for is 54 days a year off for good behaviour.

They will definitely serve in excess of five years. Not enough granted, but ...

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Out in three years on 11:57 - Jan 26 with 1581 viewsSTID2017

Terrible story.
I can't understand why authorities didn't intervene sooner and taken all their children into care.
If they had this little girl may still be alive ?
Heartbreaking

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Out in three years on 17:44 - Jan 28 with 1110 viewsoldcob

Stick them in a cell infested with fleas and lice and don't feed them. An eye for an eye........
Out in three years on 20:14 - Jan 28 with 1047 viewsSirjohnalot

Out in three years on 16:44 - Jan 18 by Loyal

Not sure where the 3 years comes from, there's no way based on a straight 76 months ( 6 years, 4 months ) they will only serve 36, unless they have been on remand which seeing them walking into court in this story they clearly haven't been. The sentence is above 4 years Darran and has aggravating circumstances ( death and neglect ) so they won't be suitable for a halfway release. Best they can hope for is 54 days a year off for good behaviour.

They will definitely serve in excess of five years. Not enough granted, but ...

They’ve not got an extended sentence, so they can apply for parole at half way. If they’re refused, they’ll stay in for another year before they can apply again.

You are right, it’s not automatic at half way. Will depend on what they’ve done since being inside.

Horrible case
Out in three years on 20:15 - Jan 28 with 1040 viewsLohengrin

Out in three years on 20:14 - Jan 28 by Sirjohnalot

They’ve not got an extended sentence, so they can apply for parole at half way. If they’re refused, they’ll stay in for another year before they can apply again.

You are right, it’s not automatic at half way. Will depend on what they’ve done since being inside.

Horrible case

What’s your opinion on the proposal to extend voting rights to serving prisoners, John?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Out in three years on 20:28 - Jan 28 with 1020 viewsjackrabbit

I’m sure Social Services will admit “lessons must be learned”.

They always do. And then they apparently learn nothing. Until the next time.
Login to get fewer ads

Out in three years on 20:33 - Jan 28 with 990 viewsLohengrin

Out in three years on 20:28 - Jan 28 by jackrabbit

I’m sure Social Services will admit “lessons must be learned”.

They always do. And then they apparently learn nothing. Until the next time.

Intervention would have been ‘homophobic’ in this instance, ‘racist’ in others. A litany of abject failure and the abdication of duty.

Welcome to 2019.

Out in three years on 20:48 - Jan 28 with 947 viewsSirjohnalot

Out in three years on 20:15 - Jan 28 by Lohengrin

What’s your opinion on the proposal to extend voting rights to serving prisoners, John?

Legally or personal ?

Legally....it’s a minefield, could argue that dependant on your offence, how long left to serve, good way to rehab people, to bring them back into society. If you are in an open prison on day/work release for some white collar offence, tax fraud or sormthing, what harm is it ? Why would people object ?

I’ve seen conditions in prisons, they are grim, not like people imagine. Lots are rat infested, stinking places, full of horrendous bullying, self harm and drugs. It’s not a holiday camp that they Daily Mail would have people believe. Most people who say ‘it’s easy’ wouldn’t last five minutes. Locked up 23 hours a day, jeez, I’d not survive.
Out in three years on 20:56 - Jan 28 with 925 viewsLohengrin

Out in three years on 20:48 - Jan 28 by Sirjohnalot

Legally or personal ?

Legally....it’s a minefield, could argue that dependant on your offence, how long left to serve, good way to rehab people, to bring them back into society. If you are in an open prison on day/work release for some white collar offence, tax fraud or sormthing, what harm is it ? Why would people object ?

I’ve seen conditions in prisons, they are grim, not like people imagine. Lots are rat infested, stinking places, full of horrendous bullying, self harm and drugs. It’s not a holiday camp that they Daily Mail would have people believe. Most people who say ‘it’s easy’ wouldn’t last five minutes. Locked up 23 hours a day, jeez, I’d not survive.

The objection is easy to discern. Imprisonment is primarily a punitive measure for misdeeds committed, I’m generalising in broad sweep there, John. Gaol necessarily involves the suspension of civil liberties which would include the withdrawal of voting rights for the duration of the sentence. I think the general public would be immovable on that principle.

Out in three years on 21:01 - Jan 28 with 906 viewsSirjohnalot

Out in three years on 20:56 - Jan 28 by Lohengrin

The objection is easy to discern. Imprisonment is primarily a punitive measure for misdeeds committed, I’m generalising in broad sweep there, John. Gaol necessarily involves the suspension of civil liberties which would include the withdrawal of voting rights for the duration of the sentence. I think the general public would be immovable on that principle.

And personally speaking...I completely agree
Out in three years on 21:05 - Jan 28 with 896 viewsLohengrin

Out in three years on 21:01 - Jan 28 by Sirjohnalot

And personally speaking...I completely agree

Most would.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024