Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Areas of Swansea that hold a special 20:08 - Jan 27 with 8077 viewscentrestandswan

place in your hearts (not football related).

Uplands where I met my wife, Mumbles where my mother used to live and good old Morriston where I worked for over ten years especially Slate Street where you could park your car all day and not have to pay 😁

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

Areas of Swansea that hold a special on 20:47 - Jan 27 with 5228 viewsLord_Bony

Barons

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Areas of Swansea that hold a special on 20:52 - Jan 27 with 5215 viewsjack2jack

What a great thread,
I'll kick off with a few of my own personal favourites.
Brynmill park, where I spent many a happy hour with my daughter when she was small.
Langland Bay and coastal walks, stunning place,when it's a bit quieter thanks.
The Langland Court Hotel spent many a night there with my girlfriend now wife, back in the day.
Many others, too numerous to mention.
Swansea, bloody love the place.
Areas of Swansea that hold a special on 20:55 - Jan 27 with 5210 viewsWxmJax

Jersey Road, Bonymaen. Looking out at all those lights over Swansea at night when I should have been in bed (I'd never seen so many) and Mumbles road after Blackpill.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Areas of Swansea that hold a special on 20:55 - Jan 27 with 5206 viewsjack2jack

Areas of Swansea that hold a special on 20:47 - Jan 27 by Lord_Bony

Barons

More of a Harper's lad myself, and Valbonne, but great shout Ma Lord, Swansea's nightlife was second to none back in the day.
Areas of Swansea that hold a special on 21:14 - Jan 27 with 5165 viewsdickythorpe

There are obvious sporting venues but the view from Dyfed Avenue in Townhill takes some beating.
Hearing my late grandpa talk of the Luftwaffe attacking our city always enters my head.
We don't know we are born. Penlan believe it or not where he lived for most of his life still makes me smile when I pass through.
The crem as well is a special place.

I digress, I enjoy being around the marina area plus Constitution Hill kept me very fit in my early 20's.
Plonk me in Gower as well and I'd be happy.
Areas of Swansea that hold a special on 21:20 - Jan 27 with 5146 viewsWiggle

Broughton, family caravan with great memories during the seventies, still one of my fav walks with the dog......Cwmdonkin park, some how regularly ended here....usually on the Mitch from school....think it had something to do with Glanmor girls playing tennis lol....as someone said spoilt for choice regarding night life could name so many pubs and clubs, but the Bay View with Peter Davies holds great memories.
Areas of Swansea that hold a special on 21:33 - Jan 27 with 5110 viewsjack2jack

Areas of Swansea that hold a special on 20:55 - Jan 27 by WxmJax

Jersey Road, Bonymaen. Looking out at all those lights over Swansea at night when I should have been in bed (I'd never seen so many) and Mumbles road after Blackpill.

That's a great view and brings back memories for me too, and I'll tell you what me and the Mrs went up Kilvey Hill last summer, first time ever(I know unbelievable), what a stunning view over the city, will be back there soon.
Areas of Swansea that hold a special on 21:39 - Jan 27 with 5097 viewsScotia

Areas of Swansea that hold a special on 21:33 - Jan 27 by jack2jack

That's a great view and brings back memories for me too, and I'll tell you what me and the Mrs went up Kilvey Hill last summer, first time ever(I know unbelievable), what a stunning view over the city, will be back there soon.

Kilvey Hill is hugely underrated. Its amazing how many people in Swansea haven't been up there. Wonderful place.
Login to get fewer ads

Areas of Swansea that hold a special on 21:41 - Jan 27 with 5094 viewssainthelens

Grew up down Mumbles way, and spent 27 consecutive Friday night's down Cinderellas as 17yr old in 1982. What a summer that was. Birds and the world cup !
Areas of Swansea that hold a special on 21:42 - Jan 27 with 5086 viewslifelong

Areas of Swansea that hold a special on 21:39 - Jan 27 by Scotia

Kilvey Hill is hugely underrated. Its amazing how many people in Swansea haven't been up there. Wonderful place.

A mate of mine was struck by lightening on the top of Kilvey Hill.
Areas of Swansea that hold a special on 21:44 - Jan 27 with 5078 viewsjack2jack

Areas of Swansea that hold a special on 21:39 - Jan 27 by Scotia

After being up there, I could not believe we hadn't visited sooner. As you say magnificent views over the SA1/docks area right round to Mumbles head👍
Areas of Swansea that hold a special on 21:48 - Jan 27 with 5070 viewsMuteswan

Areas of Swansea that hold a special on 21:33 - Jan 27 by jack2jack

East side boy myself and Kilvey Hill was our playground. Being born in the early 50’s , the docks were still in their prime, and watching the ships and the railways from the “real” hill (not from “up the ‘ill” Townhill ) was awesome. Another favourite place was the beach at the Slip, spent a lot of time here.
Areas of Swansea that hold a special on 21:53 - Jan 27 with 5055 viewsBrynCartwright

As a kid all the amazing shops that fed my ZX Spectrum with games; Menzies, WH Smiths, Woolies.

A cornet of chips with Mum and Dad at Mumbles pier, finishing with the left over vinegar in one acidic mouthful.

The Grand Theatre coffee shop, where I had my first Saturday job whilst at school.

The Windsor Cafe ( Thanks Jackal !)

The amazing Swansea Market.

The Mumbles Mile with all your mates finishing in Cinders on a warm Summer evening...fabulous.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Areas of Swansea that hold a special on 22:01 - Jan 27 with 5039 viewsWarwickHunt

Areas of Swansea that hold a special on 21:53 - Jan 27 by BrynCartwright

As a kid all the amazing shops that fed my ZX Spectrum with games; Menzies, WH Smiths, Woolies.

A cornet of chips with Mum and Dad at Mumbles pier, finishing with the left over vinegar in one acidic mouthful.

The Grand Theatre coffee shop, where I had my first Saturday job whilst at school.

The Windsor Cafe ( Thanks Jackal !)

The amazing Swansea Market.

The Mumbles Mile with all your mates finishing in Cinders on a warm Summer evening...fabulous.

Cinders - what a gal!
[Post edited 27 Jan 2019 22:09]
Areas of Swansea that hold a special on 22:03 - Jan 27 with 5031 viewsjack2jack

Areas of Swansea that hold a special on 21:48 - Jan 27 by Muteswan

East side boy myself and Kilvey Hill was our playground. Being born in the early 50’s , the docks were still in their prime, and watching the ships and the railways from the “real” hill (not from “up the ‘ill” Townhill ) was awesome. Another favourite place was the beach at the Slip, spent a lot of time here.

What a fantastic playground you had there, what with the views and all.
Special memories.
Areas of Swansea that hold a special on 22:21 - Jan 27 with 4992 viewsWarwickHunt

Areas of Swansea that hold a special on 21:48 - Jan 27 by Muteswan

Brought up just up the road from the Slip in Fleet Street. I remember being on the beach and hearing the roar from St. Helen's when Glamorgan beat the Aussies for the first time.

Sunday morning would be swimming at the baths with the old man, followed by a bottle of ice cold Coke and a stack of toast while playing the flipper machine and listening to Monday Monday on the juke box at the Gwalia Cafe.

Used to love going to the docks as a kid with my old man and grandfather.
Areas of Swansea that hold a special on 22:29 - Jan 27 with 4974 viewsMuteswan

Areas of Swansea that hold a special on 22:21 - Jan 27 by WarwickHunt

Brought up just up the road from the Slip in Fleet Street. I remember being on the beach and hearing the roar from St. Helen's when Glamorgan beat the Aussies for the first time.

Sunday morning would be swimming at the baths with the old man, followed by a bottle of ice cold Coke and a stack of toast while playing the flipper machine and listening to Monday Monday on the juke box at the Gwalia Cafe.

Used to love going to the docks as a kid with my old man and grandfather.

Small world, I’ve been repairing jukeboxes and pinball machines and such for almost 40 years.
Areas of Swansea that hold a special on 22:51 - Jan 27 with 4950 viewsLord_Bony

Areas of Swansea that hold a special on 21:42 - Jan 27 by lifelong

Bet he won't go there again.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Areas of Swansea that hold a special on 23:03 - Jan 27 with 4937 viewscontroversial_jack

Studio 95
Areas of Swansea that hold a special on 23:07 - Jan 27 with 4930 viewsLohengrin

St. Helen’s Road in the ‘80s. Record and book sellers, Italian Cafe, Exchange & Mart, Tobacconist. It was a little world unto itself.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Areas of Swansea that hold a special on 23:20 - Jan 27 with 4905 viewssainthelens

Areas of Swansea that hold a special on 23:03 - Jan 27 by controversial_jack

Studio 95

Did you work there?
Areas of Swansea that hold a special on 23:22 - Jan 27 with 4904 viewsWarwickHunt

Areas of Swansea that hold a special on 22:51 - Jan 27 by Lord_Bony

Bet he won't go there again.

He died - you heartless bastard...

Areas of Swansea that hold a special on 23:29 - Jan 27 with 4895 viewsLohengrin

Areas of Swansea that hold a special on 21:42 - Jan 27 by lifelong

“Lightening,” you say?

This wasn’t your mate, was it? Surely not...

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Areas of Swansea that hold a special on 23:43 - Jan 27 with 4873 viewsjackharris

Steak By Night - Lush Garlic Bread
St Helens (Cricket)
Llanmadoc - lovely quiet beach
Swansea Valley - by the Cray reservoir, lovely walks
Hight Street Train Station - Walking on Welsh soil again. Coming home from London on a Friday Evening to go and watch the Swans at the Vetch and the Liberty Stadium.
Singleton Hospital Maternity Ward
Mount Pleasant Hospital - for my birth
Woolworths
WHSmiths
Marks and Spencer Simply Food
HMV - before the easy access to media
Mumbles
JT Morgan’s

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Areas of Swansea that hold a special on 23:58 - Jan 27 with 4849 viewsTNT

Catching a Yellow-necked Field Mouse in my over-night trap, at Park Mill residential, at the age of 10.

Mumbles mile, went out with a girl on her 18th birthday in Cinderella's - now wife of 32 years.

Street corner, waiting for The Sporting Post.

(Sorry it's football related, but...) The North Bank.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024