Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
AGM? 20:10 - Jan 28 with 3319 viewsItchySphincter

I couldn’t make it. Any updates?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

AGM? on 20:12 - Jan 28 with 2659 viewsvetchonian

looks like Dan James off to Leds

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

AGM? on 20:12 - Jan 28 with 2659 viewsmonmouth

It’s the trusts fault we are selling James and Fer and buying nobody. Oh no, sorry, that’s for tomorrow or Thursday.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

AGM? on 20:14 - Jan 28 with 2632 viewslonglostjack

How did the voting go?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

AGM? on 21:53 - Jan 28 with 2324 viewsMuteswan

AGM? on 20:14 - Jan 28 by longlostjack

How did the voting go?

The motions were withdrawn by Roger Brace after consultations due to possible legalities.
AGM? on 22:15 - Jan 28 with 2209 viewslonglostjack

AGM? on 21:53 - Jan 28 by Muteswan

The motions were withdrawn by Roger Brace after consultations due to possible legalities.

Thanks. This is really dragging on. The Wheels of Justice turn slowly indeed.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

AGM? on 22:35 - Jan 28 with 2104 viewsthornabyswan

AGM? on 21:53 - Jan 28 by Muteswan

So any updates

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

AGM? on 23:21 - Jan 28 with 2003 viewsbuilthjack

News is very slow this time around.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

AGM? on 05:38 - Jan 29 with 1789 viewsmarchamjack

Hopefully we’ll get Phil’s address to the meeting published soon.

I wasn’t in attendance but it seems interesting stuff - there’s a final (genuinely final?) mediation planned in February which the Yanks have now supplied the required information into, but the sellers haven’t...with a Members vote on legal action finally happening in March.

Getting this 2nd hand so apologies if incorrect. Ux/Lisa may come on later and correct/update hopefully.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Login to get fewer ads

AGM? on 06:39 - Jan 29 with 1736 viewswaynekerr55

AGM? on 05:38 - Jan 29 by marchamjack

Hopefully we’ll get Phil’s address to the meeting published soon.

I wasn’t in attendance but it seems interesting stuff - there’s a final (genuinely final?) mediation planned in February which the Yanks have now supplied the required information into, but the sellers haven’t...with a Members vote on legal action finally happening in March.

Getting this 2nd hand so apologies if incorrect. Ux/Lisa may come on later and correct/update hopefully.

Thanks Marcham.

I guess Jenkins and co think the Ostritch approach will mean it goes away. I sincerely hope it doesn't

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

AGM? on 08:26 - Jan 29 with 1598 viewsVetchfielder

My notes from last night's meeting:

1.Nigel Hamer standing down as Secretary
2. Mediation meetings between the Trust and the Americans plus the solicitor for HJ, MM, LD set for 28th Feb and 1st March 2019. Consultation with members set for March 2019 which will include a forum and vote of the wider membership - this was a firm commitment. Depending on the outcome of the mediation meetings, there will either be 2 or 3 options on the ballot paper. Last chance for the Americans to come up with something ahead of the March vote.
3. Membership numbers and revenue down from last year but comparable with previous years - currently 1333 members.
4. Costs increased due to ongoing legal costs. Reserves currently at around £800k
5. Motions from Roger Brace were withdrawn due to potential detrimental effect on litigation and issue with some Trust Board members being subject to an NDA.

Proud to have been one of the 231

AGM? on 08:37 - Jan 29 with 1567 viewsjackrmee

AGM? on 08:26 - Jan 29 by Vetchfielder

My notes from last night's meeting:

1.Nigel Hamer standing down as Secretary
2. Mediation meetings between the Trust and the Americans plus the solicitor for HJ, MM, LD set for 28th Feb and 1st March 2019. Consultation with members set for March 2019 which will include a forum and vote of the wider membership - this was a firm commitment. Depending on the outcome of the mediation meetings, there will either be 2 or 3 options on the ballot paper. Last chance for the Americans to come up with something ahead of the March vote.
3. Membership numbers and revenue down from last year but comparable with previous years - currently 1333 members.
4. Costs increased due to ongoing legal costs. Reserves currently at around £800k
5. Motions from Roger Brace were withdrawn due to potential detrimental effect on litigation and issue with some Trust Board members being subject to an NDA.

Who is that Roger then? He seemed to know his stuff and really care about the club from what I heard last night.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

AGM? on 08:52 - Jan 29 with 1531 viewsjackrmee

Another thing I've been thinking bout and don't quite understand...
There is a risk (if the Trust don't sell their shares) that the Yanks will put more money in and create more shares to dilute the Trust's shares...so if they put £10mil in, the Trust would have to find £2mil to buy more shares in order to still keep their 21% right?
Well that aint gonna happen, so the Trust's share would go down by around half, making them basically worthless right?

So, if I'm one of the Yanks and the Trust take me to court and I realise that I'm going to lose and will have to buy the rest of the Trust's shares for £20mil...what's stopping me thinking, fuk paying £20mil when I can just pay £10mil and dilute their shares instead.

So my question is...
What are the pros and cons of them diluting rather than buying the Trust's shares?
Do you think that they would prefer to dilute for less outlay, or buy for £20mil?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

AGM? on 09:54 - Jan 29 with 1468 viewswaynekerr55

AGM? on 08:52 - Jan 29 by jackrmee

There is a risk (if the Trust don't sell their shares) that the Yanks will put more money in and create more shares to dilute the Trust's shares...so if they put £10mil in, the Trust would have to find £2mil to buy more shares in order to still keep their 21% right?
Well that aint gonna happen, so the Trust's share would go down by around half, making them basically worthless right?

So, if I'm one of the Yanks and the Trust take me to court and I realise that I'm going to lose and will have to buy the rest of the Trust's shares for £20mil...what's stopping me thinking, fuk paying £20mil when I can just pay £10mil and dilute their shares instead.

So my question is...
What are the pros and cons of them diluting rather than buying the Trust's shares?
Do you think that they would prefer to dilute for less outlay, or buy for £20mil?

Lisa is more well versed than I, but I believe that would strengthen the minority prejudice. I say this as a layman and may well be wrong

AGM? on 10:17 - Jan 29 with 1416 viewschad

AGM? on 08:52 - Jan 29 by jackrmee

So my question is...

I think they would prefer us to shut up and know our place, which I think they have shown, they consider is akin to doormat, and with them having 75% + voting rights they are not far wrong (except for our strong legal case)

However it matters not what they do with share dilution (which is a very real prospect in the future) as the court will be considering the loss to us at the time the unfair prejudice took place, and a likely outcome of winning this case (which top legal Counsel has said is a strong case) would be us being bought out of our shares at the amount held / price at the time this occurred. Thus giving us a significant pot of money (circa 20m - upon which it was confirmed last night no capital gains tax would be payable) with which to help save the club when needed.

Any machinations by them to circumvent due process would only be viewed to their disadvantage in court.
AGM? on 10:22 - Jan 29 with 1394 viewsScottishEddie

AGM? on 10:17 - Jan 29 by chad

I think they would prefer us to shut up and know our place, which I think they have shown, they consider is akin to doormat, and with them having 75% + voting rights they are not far wrong (except for our strong legal case)

However it matters not what they do with share dilution (which is a very real prospect in the future) as the court will be considering the loss to us at the time the unfair prejudice took place, and a likely outcome of winning this case (which top legal Counsel has said is a strong case) would be us being bought out of our shares at the amount held / price at the time this occurred. Thus giving us a significant pot of money (circa 20m - upon which it was confirmed last night no capital gains tax would be payable) with which to help save the club when needed.

Any machinations by them to circumvent due process would only be viewed to their disadvantage in court.

So whats changed since the original advice to not vote for legal action? Has the case got stronger?

Poll: Stupidest Posterer of the Year

AGM? on 10:34 - Jan 29 with 1355 viewschad

AGM? on 10:22 - Jan 29 by ScottishEddie

So whats changed since the original advice to not vote for legal action? Has the case got stronger?

I don’t think there is a stronger recommendation that top counsel would put their considerable reputation to than strong case.

The realisation has just come to some later than others that the new majority shareholders and remaining sellouts are not to be trusted and don’t give a fig for their largest shareholding partners
AGM? on 10:52 - Jan 29 with 1310 viewsmonmouth

People that maybe should have known better (personal opinion of course, and easy for me to say) have presumably wised up. Plus some of the weasels have been removed from the decision making.

AGM? on 11:33 - Jan 29 with 1238 viewswaynekerr55

Yes, due to the actions of owners past and present. I mean, it's not exactly rocket science to see that they agreed a deal and then reneged, is it?

AGM? on 11:38 - Jan 29 with 1221 viewsScottishEddie

AGM? on 11:33 - Jan 29 by waynekerr55

Yes, due to the actions of owners past and present. I mean, it's not exactly rocket science to see that they agreed a deal and then reneged, is it?

Deal?

AGM? on 11:53 - Jan 29 with 1193 viewswaynekerr55

AGM? on 11:38 - Jan 29 by ScottishEddie

Deal?

So the agreement to sell 5% of the shareholding, followed by subsequent yearly purchases was a figment of my imagination then?
[Post edited 29 Jan 2019 12:07]

AGM? on 12:15 - Jan 29 with 1133 viewsScottishEddie

AGM? on 11:53 - Jan 29 by waynekerr55

So the agreement to sell 5% of the shareholding, followed by subsequent yearly purchases was a figment of my imagination then?
[Post edited 29 Jan 2019 12:07]

That sounds just as ridiculous now as it did then.

AGM? on 12:32 - Jan 29 with 1084 viewsmonmouth

AGM? on 12:15 - Jan 29 by ScottishEddie

They still offered, it was accepted, and they reneged. That is a big factor in law.

AGM? on 12:39 - Jan 29 with 1060 viewsBadlands

Increasing shares is the only way they will bring in extra money.
I can't see the point of creating more share to reduce the value of Trust shares as the Trust has little influence anyway.
It's a business.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

AGM? on 12:47 - Jan 29 with 1030 viewsScottishEddie

AGM? on 12:32 - Jan 29 by monmouth

They still offered, it was accepted, and they reneged. That is a big factor in law.

No doubt.

AGM? on 12:48 - Jan 29 with 1026 viewswaynekerr55

AGM? on 12:15 - Jan 29 by ScottishEddie

I'm sorry, you've lost me Ed. What's the point you're making?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024