Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Montero 17:25 - Feb 16 with 2357 viewsandrew

Not getting much game time at all, being wasted up there. Surely his wages were a cost worth paying considering the points he’s won us? If we finish within 8-9 points of the play offs I’ll be fuming!

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Montero on 17:27 - Feb 16 with 2333 viewsLeonWasGod

Not a waste for them - he’s their cover. Shows they mean business when they make sure they’ve got game changers on the bench. Must be a bit of a gamble financially for them this season, but if it doesn’t work out they can cut back next.
Montero on 17:29 - Feb 16 with 2324 viewsnantywatcher

8/9 points lost because we loaned out Montero? You're stark raving- bonkers
Montero on 17:30 - Feb 16 with 2320 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Montero on 17:27 - Feb 16 by LeonWasGod

Not a waste for them - he’s their cover. Shows they mean business when they make sure they’ve got game changers on the bench. Must be a bit of a gamble financially for them this season, but if it doesn’t work out they can cut back next.

Yes, virtually risk free method of improving their squad with little cost.
Just as we could have done.
Montero on 17:34 - Feb 16 with 2300 viewspencoedjack

Is he fit?
Montero on 17:38 - Feb 16 with 2280 viewsjasper_T

Montero on 17:30 - Feb 16 by A_Fans_Dad

Yes, virtually risk free method of improving their squad with little cost.
Just as we could have done.

Little cost? They're spending about a million quid to have him do the same job he did for us (20 minutes once or twice a month, when fit).
Montero on 17:41 - Feb 16 with 2261 viewsDJack

Montero on 17:34 - Feb 16 by pencoedjack

Is he fit?

That depends upon your own peccadilos.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Montero on 17:41 - Feb 16 with 2261 viewsMrSwerve

Unfortunately we're not in the position financially to have someone like Montero come off the bench every now and again.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Montero on 17:49 - Feb 16 with 2230 viewsandrew

Montero on 17:29 - Feb 16 by nantywatcher

8/9 points lost because we loaned out Montero? You're stark raving- bonkers

Sheffield United - 3 points
Millwall - 3 points
Birmingham home - 1 point

Probably more....

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Login to get fewer ads

Montero on 17:53 - Feb 16 with 2201 viewsSwansea93

Montero on 17:49 - Feb 16 by andrew

Millwall - 3 points

Probably more....

No doubt he can be a game changer on his day, but even playing 15 mins here and there he still got an injury and was out for what 6-7 weeks? I don't think he's worth the risk when we have plenty options on the wings.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Montero on 18:06 - Feb 16 with 2151 viewsjack247

I’ve given him a lot of stick in the past, but he’s certainly been a game changer a couple of times this season. Was disappointed to see him go on loan, but if that’s the difference between Dan James staying or going, it’s the lesser of two evils.
Montero on 18:52 - Feb 16 with 2020 viewsLoyal

Montero on 17:27 - Feb 16 by LeonWasGod

We have Narsingh and dyer plus McKay. It was a disappointing move but was always on the cards.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Montero on 20:00 - Feb 16 with 1869 viewsjackal

Millwall - 3 points

Probably more....

Exactly what I was going to say.

A brilliant option from the bench. A real game changer. Potter nursed him and used him when needed.
Montero on 20:07 - Feb 16 with 1846 viewsplasjack

Montero on 20:00 - Feb 16 by jackal

Exactly what I was going to say.

A brilliant option from the bench. A real game changer. Potter nursed him and used him when needed.

How long can nursing go on, how many managers did this, 10 minutes cameo, and I am a big fan of Montero.
Montero on 20:14 - Feb 16 with 1823 viewsJack59

Millwall - 3 points

Probably more....

Yes I agree, if we get within 6 or 7 points of the play offs, Montero's departure arguably could cost the club possible promotion and hundreds of millions of pounds.
It's such a shame that the new owners never had the financial resources to carry us through business opportunities like we've had this year. The likelihood is that next year the Championship will be stronger, and our playing squad will be even further depleted with at least Daniel James, and Ollie departing.
The Yank idiots have only made money from the efforts and talents of others, to have expected anything different to what we've got would have been stupid.
Montero on 22:13 - Feb 16 with 1665 viewsOldjack

Had the yanks any sort of football brain ,we had a very good chance of making the playoffs with Jeff the game changer , easily worth an extra 6-9 points for us, but alas …..

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Montero on 22:31 - Feb 16 with 1630 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Montero on 17:34 - Feb 16 by pencoedjack

Is he fit?

Sometimes.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Montero on 23:31 - Feb 16 with 1560 viewsBadlands

If we are building for the future but using experience Montero was a luxury we couldn't afford.
Incredible when on the pitch and in the mood but so rare there could be no continuity and unlike Routledge, Naughton and even Dyer offered little in the way of supporting and pushing younger players.

Also.

I see Alfi Maison is having a typical grass is greener season with Fulham.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Montero on 00:23 - Feb 17 with 1502 viewsdobjack2

Montero on 23:31 - Feb 16 by Badlands

If we are building for the future but using experience Montero was a luxury we couldn't afford.
Incredible when on the pitch and in the mood but so rare there could be no continuity and unlike Routledge, Naughton and even Dyer offered little in the way of supporting and pushing younger players.

Also.

I see Alfi Maison is having a typical grass is greener season with Fulham.

As I feel that our owners are not that interested in promotion despite what they may say as sound bites then releasing montero and having his wages paid is sound business as far as they are concerned.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024