Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mid season mediocrity 17:34 - Feb 10 with 3451 viewsWaltersRedBoots

Are we happy? Not going up, not going down. Potter, nice guy, Judas gone. Nothing to rant about really now !! Been off here for a while. Here is my all time X1
1 Rodger
2 Wyndham
3 Jimmy
4 Ante
5 Kennedy
6 Bode
7 Michu
8 Robbie
9 Boyd
10 Trundle
11 Callaghan
A sentimental selection I know. Hell of a team though!!!
Mid season mediocrity on 17:38 - Feb 10 with 3412 viewsDarran

We can still reach the play offs Walt.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Mid season mediocrity on 17:38 - Feb 10 with 3413 viewsBrad_Bobbly

Our fans are knee jerk.

People are happy at moment because we beat a terrible Millwall side.

When Leeds put 3 past us in the next league game, our fans will want Potter out.

Then we will beat some other sh1t like Gillingham and our fans lap it up.

We’re a proper mid table Division 2 club now and won’t progress until we have new owners.
Mid season mediocrity on 17:42 - Feb 10 with 3381 viewsWaltersRedBoots

I know. Cheers Dar👍🏻
Mid season mediocrity on 17:50 - Feb 10 with 3342 viewssainthelens

Mid season mediocrity on 17:38 - Feb 10 by Brad_Bobbly

Our fans are knee jerk.

When Leeds put 3 past us in the next league game, our fans will want Potter out.

We’re a proper mid table Division 2 club now and won’t progress until we have new owners.

I think you got problems in the house.
Mid season mediocrity on 17:56 - Feb 10 with 3304 viewsmarchamjack

Mid season mediocrity on 17:38 - Feb 10 by Darran

We can still reach the play offs Walt.

And get to the Cup final

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Mid season mediocrity on 21:29 - Feb 10 with 3035 viewsbluenile

Mid season mediocrity on 17:38 - Feb 10 by Brad_Bobbly

Our fans are knee jerk.

Fair go, I've read some shite posts on this site over the years, but you've all but topped the lot. . . . . .

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Mid season mediocrity on 21:34 - Feb 10 with 3019 viewspencoedjack

Yes better than I expected.

You missed Gylfi from your 11 👍
Mid season mediocrity on 21:41 - Feb 10 with 2994 viewsjack2jack

I'm only going to mention the team and Potter.
Yes I'm happy, I said at the beginning of the season that a mid table finish would be fine, given the circumstances
Our team on the whole is very young and relatively inexperienced, it is my opinion they are doing a great job as is Mr Potter.
Still plenty to play for and involved in a cup competition, happy days
That is all👍
Login to get fewer ads

Mid season mediocrity on 21:44 - Feb 10 with 2980 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Mid season mediocrity on 21:41 - Feb 10 by jack2jack

Yes I'm happy, I said at the beginning of the season that a mid table finish would be fine, given the circumstances
Our team on the whole is very young and relatively inexperienced, it is my opinion they are doing a great job as is Mr Potter.
That is all👍

Good post the U23s / academy has kept us alive.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Mid season mediocrity on 21:57 - Feb 10 with 2949 viewsPrivate_Partz

Mid season mediocrity on 21:41 - Feb 10 by jack2jack

That is all👍

I am with you on most of that but it is not happy days for me.
I am still livid we needlessly through our top flight status away because of incompetence.
Potter has done a great job but the fact remains we have a weaker squad to see out the season, and it could have been worse.
I fear for the next transfer window if the Yanks are still here.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Mid season mediocrity on 22:00 - Feb 10 with 2936 viewsjack2jack

Mid season mediocrity on 21:44 - Feb 10 by JACKMANANDBOY

👍
Mid season mediocrity on 22:06 - Feb 10 with 2911 viewsOldjack

had they backed the manager in January ,I'm sure we'd have made the playoffs at least

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Mid season mediocrity on 22:24 - Feb 10 with 2873 viewsjack2jack

Mid season mediocrity on 21:57 - Feb 10 by Private_Partz

I am with you on most of that but it is not happy days for me.
I am still livid we needlessly through our top flight status away because of incompetence.
Potter has done a great job but the fact remains we have a weaker squad to see out the season, and it could have been worse.
I fear for the next transfer window if the Yanks are still here.

Your right PP, I was just trying to keep the politics out of it(I know it goes hand in hand)
I think stand alone, Potter and the lads are doing a fine job, given where we are with it all.I also believe we haven't seen the best of it.👍
Mid season mediocrity on 00:06 - Feb 11 with 2733 viewsGlyn1

Mid season mediocrity on 21:44 - Feb 10 by JACKMANANDBOY

Which is strange, because I remember a lot of posts from a year ago saying that the Academy was a waste of money and should be abolished because no-one was coming through from it. That might still be true if we were in the Prem but it's been a lifeline this season.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Mid season mediocrity on 04:59 - Feb 11 with 2635 viewsDr_Winston

Mid season mediocrity on 00:06 - Feb 11 by Glyn1

Which is strange, because I remember a lot of posts from a year ago saying that the Academy was a waste of money and should be abolished because no-one was coming through from it. That might still be true if we were in the Prem but it's been a lifeline this season.

Posts from morons mostly.

The Academy has made big strides in the relatively short space of time it has been open. Just consider the difference. Most of our young players ended up in the League of Wales. Nowadays plenty of them are playing Championship football and not looking out of place.

Who knows what it could achieve in another couple of years (if we can still afford to run it).

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Mid season mediocrity on 06:12 - Feb 11 with 2600 viewsSwanjaxs

Very happy how this season is panning out, think we are a bit thin on the ground now for a push for the top 6, bit worried about how things will go next season with out of contract players and the fear that the Americans will flog off anything thats not nailed down, but thars for another post ...

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Mid season mediocrity on 08:50 - Feb 11 with 2441 viewslifelong

Yes, I thought we would go down this season.
Mid season mediocrity on 09:51 - Feb 11 with 2399 viewsoldgrey

For sure, I am enjoying this season in the Championship far more than I expected.
The general standard of football from most teams is of course worse, but this is compensated for by games being more open and exciting.
The refereeing standard is a lot lower though.
One thing I find is that there seems a lot less pressure on the team this season, certainly compared to say the last 3 seasons in the Premiership. Maybe it is because we are a lot better than many teams and are not involved in our annual relegation dog fight.
I doubt we would have been able to blood so many young and talented players if we had stayed up.
Happy to remain in the Championship for a few seasons while building a promotion challenging team.
Mid season mediocrity on 10:02 - Feb 11 with 2379 viewsAnotherJohn

I am grateful to Potter and our young team for keeping their heads above water in terms of distance from the drop zone. But am I enjoying the football? Well in my eyes there has been a big drop in quality and not that much excitement in terms of goalmouth action in many games. Worse I cannot see the evidence of team building that some said would be possible in the Championship, and I don't think that will change under the present owners. I was there on Saturday and will keep going when I can, but I wouldn't be surprised to see attendances dip to about 15K
Mid season mediocrity on 12:32 - Feb 11 with 2309 viewsjasper_T

Mid season mediocrity on 10:02 - Feb 11 by AnotherJohn

I am grateful to Potter and our young team for keeping their heads above water in terms of distance from the drop zone. But am I enjoying the football? Well in my eyes there has been a big drop in quality and not that much excitement in terms of goalmouth action in many games. Worse I cannot see the evidence of team building that some said would be possible in the Championship, and I don't think that will change under the present owners. I was there on Saturday and will keep going when I can, but I wouldn't be surprised to see attendances dip to about 15K

Are you comparing the quality to us in the last two seasons or Premier League football in general. Because we'd been dire going forward for a good long while before this season.

If you can't see evidence of team building look at the side we put out first day of the season compared to the one we see now as our strongest 11. Roberts and McBurnie were risks not mainstays, Rodon and James were "not first team players", Grimes was an expensive, "lightweight" flop.

But you probably mean "team building" in the form of new signings.
Mid season mediocrity on 12:40 - Feb 11 with 2296 viewsOldjack

Mid season mediocrity on 09:51 - Feb 11 by oldgrey

For sure, I am enjoying this season in the Championship far more than I expected.
The general standard of football from most teams is of course worse, but this is compensated for by games being more open and exciting.
One thing I find is that there seems a lot less pressure on the team this season, certainly compared to say the last 3 seasons in the Premiership. Maybe it is because we are a lot better than many teams and are not involved in our annual relegation dog fight.
I doubt we would have been able to blood so many young and talented players if we had stayed up.
Happy to remain in the Championship for a few seasons while building a promotion challenging team.

But if the Yanks are still here that's never gonna happen is it ,they'll sell our crown jewels ,mark my words they will

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Mid season mediocrity on 15:04 - Feb 11 with 2220 viewsFlashberryjack

Mid season mediocrity on 09:51 - Feb 11 by oldgrey

Going by the Americans actions and intentions in the last transfer window, we'll be fighting against relegation rather mid table mediocrity next season.

Potter and a lot of the present team will be gone by the time the league kicks off next season, unless there is either a change in ownership or the Americans have a massive change in direction (which I can't see them doing) I see no other outcome I'm sad to say.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Mid season mediocrity on 01:04 - Feb 12 with 2052 viewsJJJack

Mid season mediocrity on 15:04 - Feb 11 by Flashberryjack

Going by the Americans actions and intentions in the last transfer window, we'll be fighting against relegation rather mid table mediocrity next season.

Potter and a lot of the present team will be gone by the time the league kicks off next season, unless there is either a change in ownership or the Americans have a massive change in direction (which I can't see them doing) I see no other outcome I'm sad to say.

This is exactly the point. The only time we're "safe" these days is when the transfer window is closed whereas in recent years it was during the close season that we were more optimistic. Honestly , I dread to think what these clowns will try and do in the summer. Yes of course they've had to make swingeing cuts. But taht's largely because of their own utter incompetence in the first place. And unbelievably, some cannot or will not see this and instead seem to think the Yanks are doing "a good job". Jesus.....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024