Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Four Four Two article 16:18 - Feb 14 with 11854 viewsAustinIsOurHero

Not seen it posted yet:

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/how-sorry-swansea-city-became-middling-also

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Four Four Two article on 16:33 - Feb 14 with 6017 viewsswan65split

Cant be arsed to read it, dont want to keep depressing myself

I think we already know what its hinting act , one word......GREED.
Four Four Two article on 16:35 - Feb 14 with 6006 viewsjasper_T

Four Four Two article on 16:33 - Feb 14 by swan65split

We certainly didn't get relegated due to greed. A lot of money was spent, badly.
Four Four Two article on 16:36 - Feb 14 with 6000 viewsswan65split

Four Four Two article on 16:35 - Feb 14 by jasper_T

We certainly didn't get relegated due to greed. A lot of money was spent, badly.

Started by GREED.
Four Four Two article on 16:38 - Feb 14 with 5994 viewsjasper_T

Four Four Two article on 16:36 - Feb 14 by swan65split

Started by GREED.

"This is a club looking neither up nor down", "mid-table Championship strugglers with low prospects". Load of tosh to be honest.
Four Four Two article on 16:39 - Feb 14 with 5989 viewsmonmouth

Four Four Two article on 16:33 - Feb 14 by swan65split

I read the first bit then bailed out. You are right, it's like plunging your hand in scalding water, and then doing it again and again.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Four Four Two article on 16:39 - Feb 14 with 5983 viewsswan65split

Four Four Two article on 16:38 - Feb 14 by jasper_T

"This is a club looking neither up nor down", "mid-table Championship strugglers with low prospects". Load of tosh to be honest.

Your opinion, maybe not held by others.
Four Four Two article on 16:41 - Feb 14 with 5958 viewsjasper_T

Four Four Two article on 16:39 - Feb 14 by swan65split

Your opinion, maybe not held by others.

Wow, such insight into the human mind and basic communication.
Four Four Two article on 17:02 - Feb 14 with 5877 viewsFireboy2

Four Four Two article on 16:41 - Feb 14 by jasper_T

No just hard facts jasper
Login to get fewer ads

Four Four Two article on 17:09 - Feb 14 with 5857 viewsjasper_T

Four Four Two article on 17:02 - Feb 14 by Fireboy2

Yes, it is a fact that my opinion is an opinion and not everyone has identical opinions. Groundbreaking stuff. My mind is blown. Shut the forum down we've cracked the code.
Four Four Two article on 17:21 - Feb 14 with 5819 viewsswan65split

Four Four Two article on 17:02 - Feb 14 by Fireboy2

Sounds familiar dont it? quick too jump in? my opinion like
Four Four Two article on 17:29 - Feb 14 with 5796 viewsFireboy2

Four Four Two article on 16:38 - Feb 14 by jasper_T

This isnt my 'opinion' jasper, the article isnt tosh, its fact and its staring everyone who looks at the table in the face
Four Four Two article on 17:45 - Feb 14 with 5755 viewslondonlisa2001

Four Four Two article on 16:39 - Feb 14 by monmouth

I read the first bit then bailed out. You are right, it's like plunging your hand in scalding water, and then doing it again and again.

It’s a good article as it happens Mon.

Balanced on where it apportions blame and praise.

I agree with the overall assessment that we’re looking neither up nor down. Can’t see how anyone can really say anything different at the moment. I also agree with the assessment that outside us, no one much has noticed. It’s funny, but at times even we have forgotten that only this time last year we were pretty comfortable in our 7th year in the PL. Last night’s team bore so little resemblance to the past that it’s easy to forget it ever happened. Not much to show for it really (although I suspect there have been some nice new cars purchased on the back of it all by those that barely deserve a tuk tuk).
Four Four Two article on 17:51 - Feb 14 with 5737 viewsBrynCartwright

Good article. Spot on in my opinion.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Four Four Two article on 18:04 - Feb 14 with 5700 viewsZaxx

Well written honest appraisement imo.
Four Four Two article on 18:11 - Feb 14 with 5676 viewsjasper_T

Four Four Two article on 17:45 - Feb 14 by londonlisa2001

I agree with the overall assessment that we’re looking neither up nor down. Can’t see how anyone can really say anything different at the moment. I also agree with the assessment that outside us, no one much has noticed. It’s funny, but at times even we have forgotten that only this time last year we were pretty comfortable in our 7th year in the PL. Last night’s team bore so little resemblance to the past that it’s easy to forget it ever happened. Not much to show for it really (although I suspect there have been some nice new cars purchased on the back of it all by those that barely deserve a tuk tuk).

This time last year we were in our third consecutive relegation battle. "Pretty comfortable" is massively rewriting history.

Our current side was built out of the successes of the PL era, with near half the team last night signed for and developed by our Cat One academy teams, so "not much to show for it" is a strange comment as well.
Four Four Two article on 18:14 - Feb 14 with 5658 viewsmagicdaps10

Seems a lot of articles are cropping up about what we were to what we are now.

Think the footballing world is now clicking on why we have fallen.

It is a sad story that in my opinion(that word again) some people are unable or not willing to see......the easy blame is on the premier league, most honest people on here know the real score.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Four Four Two article on 18:17 - Feb 14 with 5646 viewsjasper_T

"Premier League supporters might still check in on Stoke City or West Brom in the Championship, but Swansea? They have fallen furthest from the radar."

Has this guy looked at the Championship table? Far more people think back fondly on our time in the PL than bloody Stoke. It's a weird article.
Four Four Two article on 18:24 - Feb 14 with 5622 viewsjasper_T

"After relegation, Kaplan and Levien insisted that their “full focus” was on immediate promotion."

vs. actual quotes from the owners from the only substantial interview they've given

"We know there are no guarantees we will get promoted in the first year in the Championship. This is a multi-year plan to get back up and, when we get back up, be sustainable."

"We want to build around our young guys. If you look at what we’ve done, we’ve kept our young guys and that’s where our focus is going to be."
Four Four Two article on 18:25 - Feb 14 with 5613 viewswestwalesed

Four Four Two article on 18:17 - Feb 14 by jasper_T

"Premier League supporters might still check in on Stoke City or West Brom in the Championship, but Swansea? They have fallen furthest from the radar."

Has this guy looked at the Championship table? Far more people think back fondly on our time in the PL than bloody Stoke. It's a weird article.

It’s an excellent article, is bang on point throughout and entirely fair in his analysis.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Four Four Two article on 18:33 - Feb 14 with 5577 viewsjasper_T

Four Four Two article on 18:25 - Feb 14 by westwalesed

It’s an excellent article, is bang on point throughout and entirely fair in his analysis.

I disagree. Describing our squad as a "sow's ear" at the end is way over the top. I think we all saw last night that the "Potter's working miracles" narrative is shaky, he's as raw and prone to mistakes as any of our impressive youngsters.

We have good players who certainly aren't "punching above their weight" sitting in 12th in this unremarkable division.
Four Four Two article on 18:51 - Feb 14 with 5509 viewsBadlands

The article is a shocking piece of tripe.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Four Four Two article on 18:54 - Feb 14 with 5500 viewsswan65split

Four Four Two article on 16:41 - Feb 14 by jasper_T

Some of us got things to do not spend all day being "superior".
Four Four Two article on 18:56 - Feb 14 with 5490 viewsmagicdaps10

Four Four Two article on 18:51 - Feb 14 by Badlands

The article is a shocking piece of tripe.

Head out of the sand, it is pretty much bang on.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Four Four Two article on 19:15 - Feb 14 with 5442 viewslondonlisa2001

Four Four Two article on 18:11 - Feb 14 by jasper_T

This time last year we were in our third consecutive relegation battle. "Pretty comfortable" is massively rewriting history.

Our current side was built out of the successes of the PL era, with near half the team last night signed for and developed by our Cat One academy teams, so "not much to show for it" is a strange comment as well.

Nope.

Early March last year we were in 13th / 14th (strictly a couple of weeks short of ‘this time last year’) We collapsed after that but we were pretty comfortable at the time. Not many thought at that point we’d go down.

As for the ‘developed by our Cat One Academy teams’ - the team that started last night had Roberts and James as the only two players that joined us before they were 18 as far as I can remember? Who came on? Asoro, Narsingh, McBurnie ? But none of them joined before they were full blown professionals either.

Edited to add - btw - I’m not knocking the academy. But we received what, half a billion pounds from our time in the premier league, and have a a bigger financial hole than we had at the start, a squad worth a lot less money, 500 extra seats in the stadium, no new naming rights, no big global sponsors, no stadium ownership and a fan base that is immeasurably more detached from the club than it was 8 years ago. Still, some have done ok from it haven’t they...
[Post edited 14 Feb 2019 19:25]
Four Four Two article on 19:22 - Feb 14 with 5413 viewsmonmouth

Four Four Two article on 17:45 - Feb 14 by londonlisa2001

No doubt Lis, especially given who’s just called it a load of tripe. I just think we all, apart from vested interests, know what has happened, and reading it over is feeling like self harm. Just gets me annoyed with things.

If it helps get the real message out though, all power to it.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024