Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Favourite times following the Swans 20:42 - Mar 6 with 1985 viewspencoedjack

Warwick posted on another thread about Valencia just reminded me

What a few days that was .....I still remember pinching myself in the Mestalla thinking we just won 3 0 & the mad nights before/after in Benidorm

As a one off probably the most enjoyable trip with the Swans.

The late 80s early 90s was probably my favourite years of following the swans

Most memorable times following the Swans?
Favourite times following the Swans on 22:46 - Mar 6 with 1894 viewssainthelens

For me it's the season we won at Preston to go up. Some amazing away trips that season and as a bright eyed 15 yr old going with my pals was unforgettable.
Favourite times following the Swans on 23:13 - Mar 6 with 1868 viewsraynor94

Favourite times following the Swans on 22:46 - Mar 6 by sainthelens

For me it's the season we won at Preston to go up. Some amazing away trips that season and as a bright eyed 15 yr old going with my pals was unforgettable.

Without a shadow of a doubt, our promotion to division 1 under Tosh, 78 to 81 were halcyon days

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Favourite times following the Swans on 23:26 - Mar 6 with 1852 viewslifelong

Favourite times following the Swans on 23:13 - Mar 6 by raynor94

Without a shadow of a doubt, our promotion to division 1 under Tosh, 78 to 81 were halcyon days

I agree, a very special time in our history.
Favourite times following the Swans on 23:35 - Mar 6 with 1838 viewsBloodyhills

For the best time was the early 80s, seeing us promoted all the way to the first division. Some great away games.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Favourite times following the Swans on 08:43 - Mar 7 with 1703 viewsswan65split

Favourite times following the Swans on 23:13 - Mar 6 by raynor94

These were fantastic times I will agree............but I will never forget our first trip to Wembley. ......years and years of struggle and dreams . yet the Swan get to play at Wembley.

That day was the last time I saw North Bank Fav, Curly also.
Favourite times following the Swans on 09:04 - Mar 7 with 1681 viewstheloneranger

Favourite times following the Swans on 08:43 - Mar 7 by swan65split

These were fantastic times I will agree............but I will never forget our first trip to Wembley. ......years and years of struggle and dreams . yet the Swan get to play at Wembley.

That day was the last time I saw North Bank Fav, Curly also.

That was a great first time experience with the Swans at Wembley ... Who would have known what was to come in the future for little old Swans

The last time I saw Curly (Zigger Zagger😂) was in the Commercial, Landore about 7/8 years? ago when we had a midweek game.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Favourite times following the Swans on 12:45 - Mar 7 with 1607 viewsLeonWasGod

I only moved down here in 2005. Pretty much every season from then up until Monk's full season was magical (bar being bored under Sousa). Even over the last few years there have been some special highlights (wins at places like the Emirates. THAT 5-4 against Palace, etc.).

It really was once in a generation stuff that fans of most clubs will be unlikely to experience.
Favourite times following the Swans on 12:54 - Mar 7 with 1591 viewsandrew

Favourite times following the Swans on 12:45 - Mar 7 by LeonWasGod

I only moved down here in 2005. Pretty much every season from then up until Monk's full season was magical (bar being bored under Sousa). Even over the last few years there have been some special highlights (wins at places like the Emirates. THAT 5-4 against Palace, etc.).

It really was once in a generation stuff that fans of most clubs will be unlikely to experience.

The first season in the prem for me. Watching match of the day every weekend for years and all of a sudden we’re at them grounds playing. Full houses every game, celebrating every goal we scored like we’ve just scored against Cardiff. Hymns and Arias blasting out around the whole stadium just before kick off.

All a memory now.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Login to get fewer ads

Favourite times following the Swans on 13:33 - Mar 7 with 1538 viewsRobbie

When Tosh brought in two unknowns , Dzemal ( Jimmy ) Hadziabdic and

the classiest footballer I had seen at that time Ante Rajkovic into the side .

How he discovered them was real genius . Loved watching them at the Vetch .
Favourite times following the Swans on 18:08 - Mar 7 with 1419 viewsrockinjk

League 1 promotion, scintillating period. So optimistic.
Favourite times following the Swans on 18:19 - Mar 7 with 1407 viewsMuteswan

The football we played under Michael Laudrup. Who in their right mind would ever have thought we’d have Laudrup at little old Swansea? 😊🤗
Favourite times following the Swans on 20:02 - Mar 7 with 1349 viewsTNT

Agree, all great memories.

An era I also loved was '76 onwards under Harry Griffiths, then John Toshack, with Robbie James, Alan Curtis, Jeremy Charles, Alan Waddle, Pat Lally, Danny Bartley, Wyndham Evans, Mickey Conway, Kevin Moore et al. Loved watching The Swans on the rise late '70s. Loved the home games, but also away games all over the country in Division Four... and so the journey continued. 'Roy Of The Rovers' stuff. Brilliant!

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Favourite times following the Swans on 20:35 - Mar 7 with 1322 viewsFlashberryjack

Favourite times following the Swans on 13:33 - Mar 7 by Robbie

When Tosh brought in two unknowns , Dzemal ( Jimmy ) Hadziabdic and

the classiest footballer I had seen at that time Ante Rajkovic into the side .

How he discovered them was real genius . Loved watching them at the Vetch .

"Ante Rajkovic" what an absolute gem of a player...wonder what he'd be worth these days ?

Had a pint with him and his son down the Liberty a couple of years back (what a privilege it was) sadly it looked as if he'd fallen on some rough times, but still looked hard as nails.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Favourite times following the Swans on 21:04 - Mar 7 with 1267 viewshydraulicjack

1976 to 1982 best times ever

********************TRUST NO-ONE************************

Favourite times following the Swans on 21:19 - Mar 7 with 1240 viewssainthelens

Favourite times following the Swans on 20:35 - Mar 7 by Flashberryjack

"Ante Rajkovic" what an absolute gem of a player...wonder what he'd be worth these days ?

Had a pint with him and his son down the Liberty a couple of years back (what a privilege it was) sadly it looked as if he'd fallen on some rough times, but still looked hard as nails.

Without doubt the hardest player ever to pull on our jersey
Favourite times following the Swans on 21:29 - Mar 7 with 1229 viewspencoedjack

Seems I was born too late (started following the Swans around 83), to eclipse the European tour & Laudrup's amazing football takes some doing.

The majority who were about for the Tosh division 1 days seem to think that was the best times.
Favourite times following the Swans on 21:45 - Mar 7 with 1200 viewsjack247

The build up to the PL for me. Starting from Martinez’ first season. You knew the club were going to keep progressing, just not how far.

I think I actually enjoyed 2010/11 more than 2011/12.
Favourite times following the Swans on 22:01 - Mar 7 with 1176 viewsGaryjack

I'm lucky enough to have experienced our rise from the ashes to the top flight twice in my lifetime. We will always remember that last game win against Hull, but maybe the younger fans don't realise that when we got promoted under Toshack/Griffiths from the old 4th division, only two years before we had to re apply to stay in the football league under the old rules after finishing in the bottom 4. So it was just as a remarkable story as from Hull to the Premier league.
But as an aside, there is not a Cardiff City fan alive today that has experienced the highs of supporting their club that we have witnessed in our lifetime. No matter how old you are, or how long you have been a fan.
Favourite times following the Swans on 22:04 - Mar 7 with 1169 viewspencoedjack

Favourite times following the Swans on 21:45 - Mar 7 by jack247

The build up to the PL for me. Starting from Martinez’ first season. You knew the club were going to keep progressing, just not how far.

I think I actually enjoyed 2010/11 more than 2011/12.

I remember going to Doncaster for a Friday night game in the 3rd tier we smashed them 4 0 (maybe 4 1) I knew we were on the verge of something special

Happy memories
Favourite times following the Swans on 22:50 - Mar 7 with 1126 viewsPaxton

Favourite times following the Swans on 21:04 - Mar 7 by hydraulicjack

1976 to 1982 best times ever

Exactly the same for me, 1976 to 1982 Great Times & Great Trips
Favourite times following the Swans on 23:13 - Mar 7 with 1093 viewsmarchamjack

I did the Toshack years and they were great.

Nothing topped the Europa League campaign though...if you were lucky enough to do some of those trips...Malmo, Romania, Valencia, Naples...what a fckn time...what a time. Loved it.

I would want to win the Cup ( we realistically won’t sadly) just to have another potential run of trips with my mates to Europe. Cannot be beaten.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Favourite times following the Swans on 23:23 - Mar 7 with 1081 viewssainthelens

Favourite times following the Swans on 22:01 - Mar 7 by Garyjack

I'm lucky enough to have experienced our rise from the ashes to the top flight twice in my lifetime. We will always remember that last game win against Hull, but maybe the younger fans don't realise that when we got promoted under Toshack/Griffiths from the old 4th division, only two years before we had to re apply to stay in the football league under the old rules after finishing in the bottom 4. So it was just as a remarkable story as from Hull to the Premier league.
But as an aside, there is not a Cardiff City fan alive today that has experienced the highs of supporting their club that we have witnessed in our lifetime. No matter how old you are, or how long you have been a fan.

What about 100 yr old Cardiff fans ?
Favourite times following the Swans on 08:43 - Mar 8 with 911 viewsswan65split

Favourite times following the Swans on 21:29 - Mar 7 by pencoedjack

Seems I was born too late (started following the Swans around 83), to eclipse the European tour & Laudrup's amazing football takes some doing.

The majority who were about for the Tosh division 1 days seem to think that was the best times.

"The majority who were about for the Tosh division 1 days seem to think that was the best times. "

Possibly because the nucleus of that side on the way up were Swans boys or born locally, as well as it coming off a very bleak club period , and being re born under Harry G , it was a great time , great atmosphere at the Vetch.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024