Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 22:03 - Mar 13 with 5874 viewsvalleyboy

Please don’t tell me this the way to play football

As the commentator said “Lovely to watch but no end product”

I will say “It’s worst than watching paint dry”

That was an absolute terrible performance other than for say 20 minutes of the game

Wouldn’t be surprised if Potter threw is hat in or sacked even

If I was taking a vacancy worksise, and I found out it was totally different in what I had been told the work was to be. My notice would have been submitted soon after
70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 22:23 - Mar 13 with 3696 viewsLeonWasGod

No, that was slow and unimaginative shit. But it could be a lot worse. We could be playing like a Pulis team and still not winning. It could happen all too easily next time we change manager. Things are going to get a lot worse under these owners.
70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 22:31 - Mar 13 with 3631 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Wasn’t a terrible performance at all

We’ve played a lot worse and won

Miss sitters
Lose games

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 22:35 - Mar 13 with 3615 viewsvalleyboy

70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 22:31 - Mar 13 by oh_tommy_tommy

Miss sitters
Lose games

Must be somebody that likes watching paint dry, I would say
70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 22:39 - Mar 13 with 3560 viewsTailGunner

70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 22:35 - Mar 13 by valleyboy

Just to prove this loser is a troll once & for all.
You are 80 years old, go spend what time you have left with your loved ones for god's sake, instead of spouting spiteful barbs to people you give no f#@cks for. All day every day.

Absolutely pathetic.
70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 23:05 - Mar 13 with 3465 viewsPozuelosSideys

70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 22:35 - Mar 13 by valleyboy

You clearly didnt watch it, and have absolutely no idea what youre talking about. Go away.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 23:25 - Mar 13 with 3378 viewsvalleyboy

70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 22:39 - Mar 13 by TailGunner

Just to prove this loser is a troll once & for all.
You are 80 years old, go spend what time you have left with your loved ones for god's sake, instead of spouting spiteful barbs to people you give no f#@cks for. All day every day.

Absolutely pathetic.

Just try to name any other side that has had 70% possession of football in a game and still lose 3-0

If you and other supporters can accept that type of football

Then there’s no hope for you or for Swansea City
70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 23:38 - Mar 13 with 3320 viewsPozuelosSideys

70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 23:25 - Mar 13 by valleyboy

Just try to name any other side that has had 70% possession of football in a game and still lose 3-0

I can do better. In january this year as it goes. Ill pick Chelsea who lost 4-0 at Bournemouth. There are plenty of examples.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46968492

Thing is, the game has moved on since the hoof hoof hoof of the past. Appreciate you wouldnt understand that given the turgid shite youve probably endured at Legoland. You should ask them to crowdfund the neckbrace for you too.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 23:49 - Mar 13 with 3266 viewsTailGunner

I don't care what you think or say.
Read what I typed.

I'm a Swansea City fan and always will be.
You ain't. And probably never were.
Always found negatives in everything about us.
Pathetic in the extreme.
Login to get fewer ads

70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 23:49 - Mar 13 with 3273 viewsLoyal

Thing is it's exactly the right way to play football, it was spot on. However, the manager has been short changed regards a decent striker or the two decent players we needed in January. These greedy pricks gave him nothing and tried to strip us dry.

To the OP, this Swansea side is a complete credit to the city and the fans, you are confusing many things valley chappie and one of them is the sight of a genuinely good football team. The fact the excellent play, interpassing and movement doesn't produce goals is a by product of the yanks wanting everything for nothing. Their lack of investment will see them cut their own throats, and not before time.

Give my regards to Colin, see you next season.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 23:57 - Mar 13 with 3244 viewscontroversial_jack

70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 23:49 - Mar 13 by Loyal

Thing is it's exactly the right way to play football, it was spot on. However, the manager has been short changed regards a decent striker or the two decent players we needed in January. These greedy pricks gave him nothing and tried to strip us dry.

To the OP, this Swansea side is a complete credit to the city and the fans, you are confusing many things valley chappie and one of them is the sight of a genuinely good football team. The fact the excellent play, interpassing and movement doesn't produce goals is a by product of the yanks wanting everything for nothing. Their lack of investment will see them cut their own throats, and not before time.

The reason we play such nice passing and possession football is because the other teams allow us to do so. They know that we can pass and fanny about all day long without hurting them one bit.They sit back, allow us to have the ball and just defend in numbers where it really counts.

The Swansea way worked for a while, but it's been sussed out and negated.We have no pace or penetration to break teams down. It's so slow and predictable with limited movement off the ball.The only positive is, we have probably just enough points to avoid relegation this season, but next season i fear for the club.

No positives to be taken from tonight's game unfortunately - I forgot to mention our defence is shyte.
70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 00:04 - Mar 14 with 3209 viewsTailGunner

70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 23:57 - Mar 13 by controversial_jack

The reason we play such nice passing and possession football is because the other teams allow us to do so. They know that we can pass and fanny about all day long without hurting them one bit.They sit back, allow us to have the ball and just defend in numbers where it really counts.

The Swansea way worked for a while, but it's been sussed out and negated.We have no pace or penetration to break teams down. It's so slow and predictable with limited movement off the ball.The only positive is, we have probably just enough points to avoid relegation this season, but next season i fear for the club.

No positives to be taken from tonight's game unfortunately - I forgot to mention our defence is shyte.

We created all the chances and missed them all. Not half chances, glorious chances.
We gifted Wba 3 goals.

One team has kept their squad and added to it.

One has torn the heart out of it, and replaced with kids.

Men v boys remember.
70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 00:26 - Mar 14 with 3190 viewsElmo

Yet another football-related thread where the Trust has no voice.

To be representing the fans' view and not contributing to a thread like this speaks volumes.

Cannot even the twpest of Trust herd on here see that the Trust is ineffectual, ill-appointed and untrustworthy to represent the true fans' view ?

Good News - The East were slamming into the Trust during the Bolton game - atleast the faithful can see through the propaganda - some banners are due vs Man City, thank feck
70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 08:20 - Mar 14 with 2785 views34dfgdf54

70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 23:57 - Mar 13 by controversial_jack

Did you watch the game last night?

Roberts hit post
Routledge sitter
James sitter
Celina shot tipped over, cracking save.
Celina penalty miss
Roberts one on one miss
Roberts sitter again and a cracking save by their keeper

We carved them open loads of times but just didn't have the killer instinct.

I agree though, I fear for us next year as I fully expect us to lose more players and not strengthen. Just not getting the negativety about this performance.

I'll be like Mart6 for the rest of my days because I can't handle some of the people on here, not you by the way. Laters!
70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 08:42 - Mar 14 with 2717 viewsKilkennyjack

Shirley if you keep the ball well, then the other team cant score ... ?

And we are ckearly work in progress ....

Beware of the Risen People

70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 09:04 - Mar 14 with 2662 viewsPrivate_Partz

Very unfair.
We had the lion's share of possession. Had more corners. Shots on and off target were equal and arguably our chances were better.
What we have is a side with great potential that is being shafted by penny pinching owners.
We could easily have been in with a shout this season had we boslstered our midfield and forward lines.
Make the most if it. It will be worse next season as the penny pinching continues. Whether we survive in this league or not.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 09:21 - Mar 14 with 2610 viewsjohnlangy

VERY well said.

I'll take this over your Pulis/Warnock agricultural football any day of the week. Hopefully the owners will see some sense in the Summer and give GP some backing. I don't expect it to be a lot but even a small amount of backing could see the possesion and style of the team turn into positive results.
70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 (n/t) on 10:07 - Mar 14 with 2503 viewsvalleyboy

70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 00:04 - Mar 14 by TailGunner

We created all the chances and missed them all. Not half chances, glorious chances.
We gifted Wba 3 goals.

Men v boys remember.

70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 10:08 - Mar 14 with 2500 viewsvalleyboy

70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 00:04 - Mar 14 by TailGunner

We gifted Wba 3 goals.

Men v boys remember.

Just look at the ages and experience of the Norwich team

And where are they

Top of the League
70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 10:11 - Mar 14 with 2480 viewsAl_Bundy

The problem last night was both ends of our formation. We have a shocking keeper in Nordfeldt who was static on the first goal, bottled the second and a soft shot beat him on the third.

We still can't defend set pieces and crosses, how long does this need to carry on before Potter address this?

Without McBurnie we do look laboured going forward although we did create chances last night we still need someone to put them away which isn't happening at the moment.

The young players are coming on and will only get better with more games. The older players are weak links with Naughton, Dyer and whatever Routledge does.

We are in transition and if we keep the bulk of our talented youngsters at the club which I very much doubt and we add some experienced quality for this level then we will make progress.

New keeper is a must, Potter says we have two ones !! sadly we have two very average number 2's who are playing too high for their limited abilities.
70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 10:13 - Mar 14 with 2476 viewsswan65split

This.
70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 10:32 - Mar 14 with 2400 viewsTailGunner

Hugely frustrating watching our finishing back this morning.
Especially Dan James first half. Had the the whole goal at his mercy, on the volley, straight at keeper.
Simply not good enough under pressure. Same for Routledge finish and the 2 for Roberts second half.

Would have meant our poor defending was irrelevant.

Some tremendous football otherwise. As good as we've seen for 3-4 years
70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 10:38 - Mar 14 with 2387 viewsJackSomething

70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 00:26 - Mar 14 by Elmo

Yet another football-related thread where the Trust has no voice.

To be representing the fans' view and not contributing to a thread like this speaks volumes.

Cannot even the twpest of Trust herd on here see that the Trust is ineffectual, ill-appointed and untrustworthy to represent the true fans' view ?

Good News - The East were slamming into the Trust during the Bolton game - atleast the faithful can see through the propaganda - some banners are due vs Man City, thank feck

This is the weirdest angle from which to bash the Trust I've seen yet.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 10:51 - Mar 14 with 2353 viewsvetchonian

70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 10:08 - Mar 14 by valleyboy

And where are they

Top of the League

Yes but where were they this time last season?
This is their second season playing together and working with the same manager
We have a new manager and new squad, this "team" is in its first season of playing together altough some have worked together in the U23 set up .

IF,IF the nucleus of this team can be kept and in that I include Dan James next season could be a different prospect....we would still need in my opinion a goal scorer to help out Ollie,a midfield general to replace Fer who I think we are really missing I am sure if he was fit and playing we may have seen different outcomes to the Norwich and WBA games...also if Ollie was fit too!

We have to accept we are in a state of flux.....as well as being in a "state"

What really Pi$$es me off is the so called fans who are so quick to slate performances like last night ,not appreciating the bigger picture. Me I am frustrated that we are no longer winning as a matter of course as we got used too under Roberto et al but the football we have played at times this season is far better than most of what we saw over the last two seasons in the PL whilst still losing!

Maybe people have forgotten but we won lots of matches under Kenny Jackett , got to tow "Wembley" finals under him and lost out on promotion to penalties BUT there was a "dislike" to his style of football and the performances despite us winning games.

We are not in this position becasue of the Yanks.We are here becasue of HJ who many on here still laud....yes he was part of the reason for our success but as I have stated before lots of it was down to luck.....check out his form and "pattern"
First mamnager club captain Nick Cusack....failed then tried and tested manager Brian Flynn who was saked due to fall off in performances curt asked to pick up the pieces.
Jackett sacked to make way for another club captain...who worked beacuse he brought a good right hand man and brought in Kevin Reeves as scout who had helped Flynn scout players for us such as Roberto,Tate Leon .Then came Sousa and we know the rest

The previous board mismanaged the club and "took" from it HJ in extortionate salary given he was a "fan" Martin Morgan took via his construction companay building the trsining facilties.Yes they saved us from the brink but more than "made from it ".They offloaded the club to the first available buyer with no thought of its future....and by "devious " means.
I am no fan of the Yanks but appreciate they are "business " men and as such are now trying to restructure the finances...unfortuneatly the only real assets are the promising players such as Dan who can be realised for some cash....the expensive burdens such as the Ayews have no such appeal and prospect of releasing funds. They wil not have the same view of "balance" that a fan or football person would have at running the club.This is going to result in a few more unpleasant changes for us fans...but hey "its the next level"

What this club needs now is a united fan base and one whihc will get behind the team and the manager....and maybe the Trust too...they are not the ones who sold out,they have made mistakes but seem to have recgnised that....and I am no Trust Lacky I was originally against the original deal as I believed we we better at the table.....since I thnk we need the legal fight to reailse some funds for the day the roof falls in !
The "dodgy deal" was not all down to the sell outs....the Yanks were cute enough to buy the voting rights whilst allowing the sell outs to retain a "worthless " set of vanity shares ensuring the Trust had nochance of further influence in the club.

But back to the football, we need to remember we are a work in progress with several of last nights team playing their first full season at this level,a manager critisced on here for tactics and I will say he has bewidered me at time in the past with his selections but off late he has seemed to be picking a "settled " side availability allowing....we are creating soring chances but fail at the back also letting silly goals in....thats not always down to tactics!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 11:08 - Mar 14 with 2286 viewsOldjack

70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 22:31 - Mar 13 by oh_tommy_tommy

Miss sitters
Lose games

spot on ,we cut them open time and time again ,but where it really matters we failed miserable , poor defending along with missing gilt edge chances being squandered , I was fuming last night and switched channels ,it's so frustrating and just a repeat of the Norwich .It's not Potters fault he hasn't got the right tools for the job

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 11:15 - Mar 14 with 2267 viewsvalleyboy

70% Possesion and still lose 3-0 on 10:08 - Mar 14 by valleyboy

And where are they

Top of the League

Let’s get this myth of saying that Swansea are a young side, out of the discussion once and for all

There were 2 games last night

One being Norwich v Hull

The other being WBA vSwansea

The average age of the players playing for Norwich last night was 24.9 years of age

The average age of the Swansea players last night was 25.6 years of age

So this saying by many posters on here that Swansea City are a young inexperience side is a load of bull shit

It isn’t that the likes of James, Roberts, Rodon, Celina, McKay and Asoro have come from League one or even League Two.

But 3 had been together in a very successful Swansea under 23 side.

And the other three had been playing some games in the Championship, with Celina playing regularly for Ipswich last season

In the Norwich side that beat Hull last night there were 1- 22 years old, 2-21 years old and 1 was only 19 years old

Against in the Swansea side last night there were 2- 21 year old, 1-22 year old and 3 -23 year old

Yes there was one that was 34 year old

Another a 30 year old

And another that’s 31 yeraold

Remembering as well that there 5 players playing for Swansea last night that played in the Premier League last season

Yes some more than others, but nevertheless less played in that league
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024