Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looking for a RELIABLE handyman,...anyone ? 10:45 - Mar 16 with 2481 viewsfishman

Apologies not football stuff ,but i see similar posts on here from time to time .
Urgently looking for someone capable of putting up a false ceiling ,timber frame with plasterboard or ply ,its only to help with heat loss in a light industrial unit ,its 50 sq m approx.
Location is a stones throw from the entrance to the Liberty .
Thanks
Looking for a RELIABLE handyman,...anyone ? on 11:14 - Mar 16 with 2440 viewsfelixstowe_jack

You could trying posting it on this site

https://www.mybuilder.com/

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Looking for a RELIABLE handyman,...anyone ? on 11:20 - Mar 16 with 2431 viewsAguycalledJack

Check your in box.
Looking for a RELIABLE handyman,...anyone ? on 11:59 - Mar 16 with 2388 viewsfishman

Looking for a RELIABLE handyman,...anyone ? on 11:14 - Mar 16 by felixstowe_jack

You could trying posting it on this site

https://www.mybuilder.com/

Have posted ,no luck so far ,thanks though
Looking for a RELIABLE handyman,...anyone ? on 12:00 - Mar 16 with 2384 viewsfishman

Looking for a RELIABLE handyman,...anyone ? on 11:20 - Mar 16 by AguycalledJack

Check your in box.

Looking for a RELIABLE handyman,...anyone ? on 12:34 - Mar 16 with 2327 viewsdickythorpe

Look at your local council's website for approved tradesmen .
Looking for a RELIABLE handyman,...anyone ? on 12:43 - Mar 16 with 2310 viewsfishman

Looking for a RELIABLE handyman,...anyone ? on 12:34 - Mar 16 by dickythorpe

Look at your local council's website for approved tradesmen .

Will do,never thought of that ,Thanks
Looking for a RELIABLE handyman,...anyone ? on 12:47 - Mar 16 with 2296 viewsairedale

We use Bodgett & Skarpre ourselves.
Looking for a RELIABLE handyman,...anyone ? on 12:48 - Mar 16 with 2295 viewsdickythorpe

Looking for a RELIABLE handyman,...anyone ? on 12:43 - Mar 16 by fishman

My dad got a list of people from the council and it's tremendous. Each worker has to get forms filled in at end of job so you won't get idiots recommended.
Login to get fewer ads

Looking for a RELIABLE handyman,...anyone ? on 12:49 - Mar 16 with 2293 viewsdickythorpe

Looking for a RELIABLE handyman,...anyone ? on 12:43 - Mar 16 by fishman

Are you in the county and city of Swansea or Carmarthenshire?
Looking for a RELIABLE handyman,...anyone ? on 12:50 - Mar 16 with 2291 viewsfishman

Looking for a RELIABLE handyman,...anyone ? on 12:48 - Mar 16 by dickythorpe

My dad got a list of people from the council and it's tremendous. Each worker has to get forms filled in at end of job so you won't get idiots recommended.

Just had a pretty good look at their website,to be honest cant find anything on there ,will give them a ring Monday and see what they say
Looking for a RELIABLE handyman,...anyone ? on 12:52 - Mar 16 with 2285 viewsfishman

Looking for a RELIABLE handyman,...anyone ? on 12:49 - Mar 16 by dickythorpe

Are you in the county and city of Swansea or Carmarthenshire?

Swansea
Looking for a RELIABLE handyman,...anyone ? on 12:59 - Mar 16 with 2275 viewsairedale

FWIW, hanging a suspended ceiling would be beyond a handyman’s remit imo. More the realm of companies like Caswell Interiors.
Looking for a RELIABLE handyman,...anyone ? on 13:34 - Mar 16 with 2238 viewsBadlands

So are we ... to replace Nordfeldt and Mulder.

(You're welcome)

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Looking for a RELIABLE handyman,...anyone ? on 20:08 - Mar 16 with 2076 viewsvalleyboy

Looking for a RELIABLE handyman,...anyone ? on 12:48 - Mar 16 by dickythorpe

Whats more important than just getting a list. Is to go yourself and see the standard of their work

What I see in many cases these days. Is that these so called tradesmen want to get the work. Get it done as quickly as possible, and get the money, with very little pride taken in what they have done

Rule of thumb is to get an older tradesman, as most probably they been through the system, so the work done is as it should be

For example

Hanging doors by a proper craftsman, with the gap the width of an old penny piece and not what I have seen. In where the gaps are anything between 4-6mm. Resulting in the doors not closing properly
Looking for a RELIABLE handyman,...anyone ? on 20:31 - Mar 16 with 2045 viewsfishman

Looking for a RELIABLE handyman,...anyone ? on 20:08 - Mar 16 by valleyboy

Whats more important than just getting a list. Is to go yourself and see the standard of their work

What I see in many cases these days. Is that these so called tradesmen want to get the work. Get it done as quickly as possible, and get the money, with very little pride taken in what they have done

Rule of thumb is to get an older tradesman, as most probably they been through the system, so the work done is as it should be

For example

Hanging doors by a proper craftsman, with the gap the width of an old penny piece and not what I have seen. In where the gaps are anything between 4-6mm. Resulting in the doors not closing properly

I do agree with all you have said ,but for me time is really tight ,and while of course i want the best job done ,at the best price ,the basics of what i am after is a pretty simple job [ for someone with any decent amount of DIY skills ],and its just to help heat retention ,what it looks like is not too important ,i have managed to get a few different guys to come and have a look and give me a price ,some of those via PS ,for which i am very gratefull
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024