Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spirit of the game? 10:52 - Mar 26 with 1145 viewsCountyJim

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/47697369

Sorry the guys got form you keep your bat grounded at all times
[Post edited 26 Mar 2019 10:52]
Spirit of the game? on 10:59 - Mar 26 with 1128 viewsWarwickHunt

Watch the ball out of the bowler's hand. Schoolboy stuff.

Ashwin conned him though. Shit cricket all round.
Spirit of the game? on 17:35 - Mar 26 with 1023 viewsoldcob

It's customary to warn the batsman a couple of times, then if he carries on doing it he's fair game. Don't forget the batsman is trying to cheat a yard on his run, so he's the real cheat.
Spirit of the game? on 19:33 - Mar 27 with 893 viewsfelixstowe_jack

It is a bit like footballers cheating by diving to get a penalty which is against the law.
In cricket it is not against the law to run a batmen out if he is not in his crease.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Spirit of the game? on 11:20 - Mar 28 with 835 viewshobo

Nothing wrong with that at all. The batsman is trying to get an advantage by taking a few steps forward. I think it's genius from the bowler

Edit : seems I saw the 2012 version, haven't seen what happened yesterday but if it's the same as 2012, it's all good!
[Post edited 28 Mar 2019 11:35]
Spirit of the game? on 16:11 - Mar 29 with 758 viewsBarrySwan

Theres quite a simple solution to this sort of thing.

Stay in your crease until the ball is bowled.

It isn't difficult nor complicated to understand, stop stealing a couple of yards and you won't get stumped by the bowler who is quite within his / her rights to whip the bails off if he or she wishes to.

I've no idea why this is even controversial, I'd do exactly the same.
Spirit of the game? on 17:37 - Mar 29 with 742 viewsoldcob

Spirit of the game? on 16:11 - Mar 29 by BarrySwan

Theres quite a simple solution to this sort of thing.

Stay in your crease until the ball is bowled.

It isn't difficult nor complicated to understand, stop stealing a couple of yards and you won't get stumped by the bowler who is quite within his / her rights to whip the bails off if he or she wishes to.

I've no idea why this is even controversial, I'd do exactly the same.

Actually it's a run out not a stumping. What' the difference? A stumping counts as a wicket in the bowlers analysis a run out doesn't.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2019 17:38]
Spirit of the game? on 18:16 - Mar 29 with 708 viewstheloneranger

The World Cricket Committee which included cricket greats Ricky Ponting, Brendon McCullum and Kumar Sangakkara advised the MCC in 2017 on changes to the Mankad rule ...

In October 2017, the MCC changed the wording of the Mankad rule from "Bowler attempting to run out non-striker before delivery" to "Non-striker leaving their ground early" in a bid to put the "onus on the non-striker to remain in their ground".

Under the previous MCC Laws, bowlers were permitted to attempt to run out the non-striker only before entering their delivery stride. Now bowlers are able to run-out the non-striker up to the instant at which they "would be expected to deliver the ball".

"It is often the bowler who is criticised for attempting such a run out, but it is the batsman who is attempting to gain an advantage," the MCC explained in a summary of the rule changes.

"The message to the non-striker is very clear — if you do not want to risk being run out, stay within your ground until the bowler has released the ball."
[Post edited 29 Mar 2019 18:52]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Spirit of the game? on 18:56 - Mar 29 with 696 viewsDarran

Shit thread,mind you most of the ones Jim starts usually are.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024