Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? 17:47 - Mar 30 with 4402 viewsBrad_Bobbly

Or would you rather us play direct, pragmatic football but be in contention for promotion?

Because I see so many swans fans gushing about our football. It will always be like this under Potter, he strikes me as another Rodgers. Which was fine when this football was new and opponents didn’t know how to defend against it. But now every team tries it and 9 times out of 10 it fails.

I want to see direct, attacking football again. I don’t care about possession stats and going backwards.

This post will get downvoted because I’m a realist and not sucking on Potters pen*s. But I’m fed up with the “we won the possession how did we lose?”

We’re not Man City, we don’t have Pep Guardiola and don’t have any money to spend on good players.
Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 17:51 - Mar 30 with 2162 viewsjack247

What makes you think we would do any better playing pragmatic football?
Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 17:52 - Mar 30 with 2151 viewsLeonWasGod

You seriously think if we lumped it we’d be chasing automatic promotion? We do lack forward options often, but that’s down to having average players in the main. We’ve scored from some lovely sweeping moves this season, we just can’t do it all the time.

We used to recycle the ball all day for fun under Brenda too.
Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 17:55 - Mar 30 with 2135 viewsLeonWasGod

And just to add, we’ll do well staying mid table. I’m more worried about us going the other direction. Take Ollie’s goals out of this team we’d be very close to relegation; we’ve got little else.
Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 18:01 - Mar 30 with 2107 viewsBadlands

If we play attractive football Potter wants (ala Roberto, Sousa, Rogers and Laudrup we will be promoted.

But to answer the question directly.
Attractive and Championship is fine.
Other Han odd games here and there, I can't say I enjoyed our PL experience after 2013/4.

It was when we started 'direct' football under Monk that we started our inevitable slide out of the Premier League.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 18:04 - Mar 30 with 2104 viewsjasper_T

Get someone who can lead the line and another player comfortably over 6' and we can play much the same way and win more games (with proper coaching).

Season's pretty much over. Get Benda in goal for a few and Joe back in defence. See where that leaves us on set pieces.
Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 18:19 - Mar 30 with 2058 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 18:04 - Mar 30 by jasper_T

Get someone who can lead the line and another player comfortably over 6' and we can play much the same way and win more games (with proper coaching).

Season's pretty much over. Get Benda in goal for a few and Joe back in defence. See where that leaves us on set pieces.

He's not going to drop his friend in goal. That sort of goal against Manchester City will be what puts Potter's name in contention for jobs elsewhere. Quite clearly Potter is willing to hinder our ability to deal with any sort of cross / set piece just so we can score a couple of highlight reel goals passing it out from the back which will increase his reputation as a manager.

Quite frankly it's disgusting and why many fans hold him in such high regard bemuses me.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 18:20 - Mar 30 with 2054 viewsOldjack

Our football is very good ,we just don't have the right tools to be really effective ,you can stick your hoof football where the sun don't shine

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 18:22 - Mar 30 with 2040 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 18:20 - Mar 30 by Oldjack

Our football is very good ,we just don't have the right tools to be really effective ,you can stick your hoof football where the sun don't shine

What do you define as good football, OldJack? Leicester played what is considered to be the least aesthetic style of football there is and they won the league and had a fantastic run in the Champions League.

Is passing it sideways for 90 minutes whilst creating little to no chances all game, losing to average teams and fighting relegation battles considered good football?

Login to get fewer ads

Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 18:23 - Mar 30 with 2039 viewsTreforys_Jack

Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 18:19 - Mar 30 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

He's not going to drop his friend in goal. That sort of goal against Manchester City will be what puts Potter's name in contention for jobs elsewhere. Quite clearly Potter is willing to hinder our ability to deal with any sort of cross / set piece just so we can score a couple of highlight reel goals passing it out from the back which will increase his reputation as a manager.

Quite frankly it's disgusting and why many fans hold him in such high regard bemuses me.

Only your opinion, that doesn't make it fact.
Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 18:25 - Mar 30 with 2030 viewsFireboy2

Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 18:19 - Mar 30 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Id take Jaspers opinion over yours EVERY day of my life.
Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 18:27 - Mar 30 with 2021 viewsploppy

In answer to the OP, I want us to continue to play as we are. With better players in a couple of positions we'll do much better, results-wise.

BTW - "I want to see direct, attacking football again?" When did you last see us play that way? If it was during the late Monk, Clement or subsequent years, it was horrendous to watch and we were desperately calling for a return to the style of play that got us to the PL and kept us there for a while.
Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 18:31 - Mar 30 with 2001 viewsGaz_M

Only thick posters think donkey football is more effective.
Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 18:35 - Mar 30 with 1985 viewsOldjack

Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 18:22 - Mar 30 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

What do you define as good football, OldJack? Leicester played what is considered to be the least aesthetic style of football there is and they won the league and had a fantastic run in the Champions League.

Is passing it sideways for 90 minutes whilst creating little to no chances all game, losing to average teams and fighting relegation battles considered good football?

we create chances just not ruthless enough , we're also shite at defending set pieces , we need a few evil geniuses in the middle as well ,other than that our football is really pleasing on the eye ,shove your hoof style .Lose what little class we have left in the summer and the future will be very bleak no matter who's in charge

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 18:46 - Mar 30 with 1941 viewsBrad_Bobbly

Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 18:20 - Mar 30 by Oldjack

I didn’t mention hoofball, did I?

Just because I don’t rate our pointless sideways football like you do doesn’t mean I want us playing Big Sam long ball you numpty.

I want quick, direct counter attacking football at the Liberty.

Not the sleep inducing crap we play.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2019 18:47]
Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 18:48 - Mar 30 with 1934 viewsperplex

Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 18:35 - Mar 30 by Oldjack

we create chances just not ruthless enough , we're also shite at defending set pieces , we need a few evil geniuses in the middle as well ,other than that our football is really pleasing on the eye ,shove your hoof style .Lose what little class we have left in the summer and the future will be very bleak no matter who's in charge

Yet another non valid naive post from a member of a most naïve fan base, reason being how can we sustain this pretty football when the better players that enable as to do so will soon be sold on for pier profit and weaker players will be brought in for peanuts you really need to grasp reality.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2019 18:50]
Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 18:48 - Mar 30 with 1932 viewsBrad_Bobbly

Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 18:31 - Mar 30 by Gaz_M

Only thick posters think donkey football is more effective.

Only thick posters think that Van Gaal slow sideways passing is the only way to approach modern football.
Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 18:53 - Mar 30 with 1907 viewsjasper_T

Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 18:46 - Mar 30 by Brad_Bobbly

Just because I don’t rate our pointless sideways football like you do doesn’t mean I want us playing Big Sam long ball you numpty.

Don't defend well enough to rely on counter attacks.

City game excepted, because they didn't play high balls into the box.
Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 18:54 - Mar 30 with 1905 viewsjack247

Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 18:22 - Mar 30 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Leicester played a very tight, organised game no doubt. They complimented that with fast, incisive breaks which were very difficult to defend and exciting to watch. It was far from the least aesthetic style I’ve seen.

If we want to play Clementball again, there’s no place for Celina, Grimes, James, McBurnie, Byers. Leaving aside the fact no one wants to see it, we don’t have the players for it anyway.
Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 18:55 - Mar 30 with 1901 viewsFlashberryjack

Leeds are a direct and attacking team with a bit of fire in their bellies, I'm just watching the Norwich and Boro game, a very good and entertaining game with no quarter asked or given.

Why do we have to choose between hoofball or pretty football, a mixture of both would do me fine, and be a competitive team in whichever league we're in, I'd much prefer that than being bored to death by sideway pass after sideway pass, with mid table mediocrity the only thing to look forward to.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 18:57 - Mar 30 with 1892 viewsOldjack

Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 18:48 - Mar 30 by perplex

Yet another non valid naive post from a member of a most naïve fan base, reason being how can we sustain this pretty football when the better players that enable as to do so will soon be sold on for pier profit and weaker players will be brought in for peanuts you really need to grasp reality.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2019 18:50]

Me naïve ?,get a grip ffs , we've not got the right tools for either hoof football or pure football , it's as simple as that ,that's why we're so ineffective ,but I know what I'd rather watch and it aint up in the sky crap

Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 19:04 - Mar 30 with 1854 viewsOldjack

Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 18:46 - Mar 30 by Brad_Bobbly

We haven't got the tools you numpty ,Bob it's best you fuk off back to the States

Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 19:07 - Mar 30 with 1845 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Playing counter attacking football at the Liberty requires the visitors to come out of their shell. Most of them don't and want to play on the counter themselves.

That results in a Mexican standoff and the crowd getting on the players' backs to "get into them".

There are two teams out there and there aren't any simple solutions.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 19:08 - Mar 30 with 1841 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 18:35 - Mar 30 by Oldjack

I have not seen anybody advocating for 'hoof style'. We just want to see something better than what we're witnessing now.

I remember reading countless posts and even hearing from friends and family how they look forward to us going down as at least we'll play nice football again.

The fact is we look as toothless at home against Rotherham, Ipswich and other woeful teams as we did against the likes of Manchester United, Chelsea and other far superior teams than what we're playing now. We are not playing good football at this moment in time and it looks like it is getting worse rather than any better.

Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 19:12 - Mar 30 with 1822 viewsjack247

Do you not think every teams fanbase want them to play successful, aesthetic football? In reality, not many do.
Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 19:13 - Mar 30 with 1817 viewsTailGunner

Are you happy if we stay midtable but play the same football? on 19:08 - Mar 30 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I have not seen anybody advocating for 'hoof style'. We just want to see something better than what we're witnessing now.

I remember reading countless posts and even hearing from friends and family how they look forward to us going down as at least we'll play nice football again.

The fact is we look as toothless at home against Rotherham, Ipswich and other woeful teams as we did against the likes of Manchester United, Chelsea and other far superior teams than what we're playing now. We are not playing good football at this moment in time and it looks like it is getting worse rather than any better.

We haven't played Rotherham at home.

We are creating chances. We don't have the quality to score enough goals

We should shoot more granted.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024