Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Record Store Day 16:18 - Apr 12 with 2080 viewsEbo

Anyone participating in this?

I am going to have a gander at my fave record store - Spillers.

If you are participating good luck and I hope you get what you wanted!

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Record Store Day on 16:22 - Apr 12 with 2071 viewsdickythorpe

I'm going to the Wireless store day instead. By all accounts Short Wave is all the rage.
Record Store Day on 17:57 - Apr 12 with 2005 viewsWarwickHunt

Record Store Day on 16:22 - Apr 12 by dickythorpe

I'm going to the Wireless store day instead. By all accounts Short Wave is all the rage.

Where the fûck is Hilversum anyway?
Record Store Day on 10:37 - Apr 13 with 1883 viewsLohengrin

Record Store Day on 17:57 - Apr 12 by WarwickHunt

Where the fûck is Hilversum anyway?

Ha! Ha! Holland, as you know. Home in the ‘30s to bloody big radio masts capable of broadcasting commercial radio ‘pop’ to the UK and a key to unpicking R C Norman’s forced BBC diet of staid tedium.

You grew up with a old radio gramophone in the parlour as well, I take it?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Record Store Day on 13:19 - Apr 13 with 1861 viewsWarwickHunt

Record Store Day on 10:37 - Apr 13 by Lohengrin

Ha! Ha! Holland, as you know. Home in the ‘30s to bloody big radio masts capable of broadcasting commercial radio ‘pop’ to the UK and a key to unpicking R C Norman’s forced BBC diet of staid tedium.

You grew up with a old radio gramophone in the parlour as well, I take it?

You bastard - I was wondering where it went...
Record Store Day on 13:55 - Apr 13 with 1847 viewsWxmJax

Bollox, too late, Billy Joel LP sold out.

Both copies.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Record Store Day on 14:07 - Apr 13 with 1829 viewstaffpunk

I think it's a load of pwp myself, had a great morning's takings in my shop, with regulars who think the same way.

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Record Store Day on 21:21 - Apr 13 with 1746 viewsheadcleaner

Record Store Day on 14:07 - Apr 13 by taffpunk

I think it's a load of pwp myself, had a great morning's takings in my shop, with regulars who think the same way.

Spillers has been overpriced for decades. RSd should be a good idea and in principle, it is when it's not hijacked by scalpers and hipsters. plenty of great little record shops around that don't charge a premium or just cater for hipsters. diverse in Newport is better and that's not as good as shops like Pontypool market or Kriminal in Newport market. Bristol has always had some decent shops as well. I wish swansea was as good as it was in the late 80s. some great shops then.
Record Store Day on 09:41 - Apr 14 with 1677 viewstaffpunk

Record Store Day on 21:21 - Apr 13 by headcleaner

Spillers has been overpriced for decades. RSd should be a good idea and in principle, it is when it's not hijacked by scalpers and hipsters. plenty of great little record shops around that don't charge a premium or just cater for hipsters. diverse in Newport is better and that's not as good as shops like Pontypool market or Kriminal in Newport market. Bristol has always had some decent shops as well. I wish swansea was as good as it was in the late 80s. some great shops then.

Terrys in Pontypridd has closed recently, there's just not enough profit in selling new vinyl. The mark up is approx 30%, need to shift a lot to have any chance of staying open. Spillers should have closed years ago, Bristol is good for second hand stuff, but very expensive, The Rock Shop in particular-crazy prices, same goes for Kellys in Cardiff.
Best value for money second hand Record Shops in South Wales are D'vinyl, Kriminal and one in Tonypandy who's name escapes me at the moment-lol .

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Login to get fewer ads

Record Store Day on 13:34 - Apr 14 with 1618 viewsProfessor

Not organised enough to go to Liverpool but would have quite liked the Bingo Hand Job (R.E.M.) double LP.
Record Store Day on 22:15 - Apr 15 with 1469 viewsEbo

Record Store Day on 14:07 - Apr 13 by taffpunk

Can see where you are coming from but it does give indy shops a boost and gets the message out there to support indy shops rather than Amazon etc... Personally, I love it as it brings a lot of like-minded people together.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024