Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cameron Carter Vickers 17:24 - Apr 13 with 5196 viewsAlberto_Swinglehurst

Any chance we could secure him permanently? He's done a decent job I feel this season and adds a physical edge to the back line.
Cameron Carter Vickers on 17:53 - Apr 13 with 3942 viewsPentyrchJack

On today’s performance we should be looking for someone more physical and streetwise.

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Cameron Carter Vickers on 18:01 - Apr 13 with 3920 viewsFireboy2

Cameron Carter Vickers on 17:53 - Apr 13 by PentyrchJack

On today’s performance we should be looking for someone more physical and streetwise.

This

He was to blame for the second goal, hopefully joe will start every gsme until the end of the season
Cameron Carter Vickers on 18:06 - Apr 13 with 3898 viewsthornabyswan

Cameron Carter Vickers on 18:01 - Apr 13 by Fireboy2

This

He was to blame for the second goal, hopefully joe will start every gsme until the end of the season

Worse performance I have seen from him today VDH was not much better either.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Cameron Carter Vickers on 18:08 - Apr 13 with 3886 viewsploppy

Cameron Carter Vickers on 18:01 - Apr 13 by Fireboy2

This

I know he hasn't played and it's hard to come on in that situation but Joe looked way off the pace today.
Cameron Carter Vickers on 20:01 - Apr 13 with 3785 viewsjasper_T

Cian and Joe in for the next one. Rotate and give everyone a chance. Still a fairly congested schedule.
Cameron Carter Vickers on 21:04 - Apr 13 with 3671 viewspencoedjack

Well Spurs certainly won’t want him back
Cameron Carter Vickers on 23:02 - Apr 13 with 3561 viewsLuther27

He'll be the usual Spurs asking price...circa £5 million plus add ons. To expensive for what he brings to the table in this division.
Cameron Carter Vickers on 23:38 - Apr 13 with 3520 viewsicecoldjack

poor man's Ash Williams ..hen Ash was playing for Stockport.

Will be decent in 4 yrs .
Login to get fewer ads

Cameron Carter Vickers on 11:29 - Apr 14 with 3274 viewsdameedna

Decent buy at 3 to 4 million.
Cameron Carter Vickers on 11:48 - Apr 14 with 3251 viewsBadlands

Not as accomplished as Joe Rodon - save the money to keep Van Der Horn at the club and bring in a cover player if Cian, Keston and Cabango & Cooper aren't ready.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Cameron Carter Vickers on 13:12 - Apr 14 with 3198 viewsLuther27

Cameron Carter Vickers on 11:48 - Apr 14 by Badlands

Not as accomplished as Joe Rodon - save the money to keep Van Der Horn at the club and bring in a cover player if Cian, Keston and Cabango & Cooper aren't ready.

Now the club are committed to retaining Cat 1 status I think if we need players it'll always be first look at the U23 squad which isn't a bad thing.
Cameron Carter Vickers on 19:37 - Apr 14 with 3072 viewsoldcob

If he could be converted to a decent full back fair enough, he'd add height from there and offer cover for centre back in an emergency. For me he's too short for first choice every week centre back. If we sign anyone for next season, we must bear in mind how small our players are and height must be added.
Cameron Carter Vickers on 23:38 - Apr 14 with 2934 viewsKilkennyjack

I’d sign him, he has done a good job.

£2m sorted.

Beware of the Risen People

Cameron Carter Vickers on 14:00 - Apr 15 with 2789 viewsploppy

I'd have him too. He's strong as an ox and don't remember him making many mistakes. Considering he's not the tallest, he's pretty good in the air as well.
Cameron Carter Vickers on 14:15 - Apr 15 with 2772 viewscontroversial_jack

More reliable than Rodon, who can be a liability on the ball
Cameron Carter Vickers on 14:17 - Apr 15 with 2770 viewsjasper_T

The stats don't bear out either of these last two opinions tbh.
Cameron Carter Vickers on 15:46 - Apr 15 with 2696 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I'm very confused. The primary defence of our woeful league position is because we're beginning to show signs of returning to something vaguely reminiscent of our magical football under Brendan Rodgers and Martinez.

However, in this thread many of the same posters who desperately want a return to that style of play are advocating spending what would be the majority of our Summer transfer budget on a centre back who clearly does not have the capability to play that way.

This forum is incredible.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Cameron Carter Vickers on 16:57 - Apr 15 with 2654 viewsBadlands

Cameron Carter Vickers on 15:46 - Apr 15 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I'm very confused. The primary defence of our woeful league position is because we're beginning to show signs of returning to something vaguely reminiscent of our magical football under Brendan Rodgers and Martinez.

However, in this thread many of the same posters who desperately want a return to that style of play are advocating spending what would be the majority of our Summer transfer budget on a centre back who clearly does not have the capability to play that way.

Totally agree.
But we mustn't forget, it took Sousa to organise a defence worthy of the name.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2019 16:58]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Cameron Carter Vickers on 17:28 - Apr 15 with 2609 viewsChief

Cameron Carter Vickers on 15:46 - Apr 15 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Your Wuming powers are waning.

CCV is actually a pretty perfect fit for a Martinez style. Wasn't there a graphic put out recently that of all the defenders in the championship he's way out in front in passes?

What you should have said is that you are surprised posters want to sign him when he's part of a defence that is making the same errors mainly surrounding set pieces week after week.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Cameron Carter Vickers on 17:46 - Apr 15 with 2588 viewsBytholWyn

Most of the errors made against QPR were due to us failing to deal with runs to the near post. McBurnie was at fault for the one that Nordfeldt saved, with Byers losing his man for the subsequent corner and Naughton failing to react in time. CCV was partly at fault for the second goal (although you have to credit Hemed for a clever finish taking the ball on the bounce to evade the block from CCV), but VDH was the main culprit with a very poor header.

In general CCV has been impressive - with probably the highest pass completion in the side. I seem to recall that he managed a 100% pass completion in a recent match. He's a bit conservative in his passing, but I certainly wouldn't mind it if he signed, especially if VDH were to leave. Perhaps in the remaining games he can be tried as a defensive mid. Byers isn't suited to the role, he should be playing further forward.
Cameron Carter Vickers on 18:00 - Apr 15 with 2576 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Cameron Carter Vickers on 17:28 - Apr 15 by Chief

Your Wuming powers are waning.

CCV is actually a pretty perfect fit for a Martinez style. Wasn't there a graphic put out recently that of all the defenders in the championship he's way out in front in passes?

What you should have said is that you are surprised posters want to sign him when he's part of a defence that is making the same errors mainly surrounding set pieces week after week.

What direction were those passes? How many of them broke through a press? A sideways pass to a full back is largely useless. We need centre backs who can bring the ball forward and pass to a midfielder or wide player.

He looks petrified whenever somebody is within a few feet of him.

He is definitely not a perfect fit for a Martinez style of play.

Regarding our set piece issues, I put that largely at the feet of the coaching staff. If Potter is conducting out routines then it is his fault. If it's a member of his staff then it is their fault. There seems to be no plan.

Cameron Carter Vickers on 18:14 - Apr 15 with 2559 viewsChief

Cameron Carter Vickers on 18:00 - Apr 15 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

What direction were those passes? How many of them broke through a press? A sideways pass to a full back is largely useless. We need centre backs who can bring the ball forward and pass to a midfielder or wide player.

He looks petrified whenever somebody is within a few feet of him.

He is definitely not a perfect fit for a Martinez style of play.

Regarding our set piece issues, I put that largely at the feet of the coaching staff. If Potter is conducting out routines then it is his fault. If it's a member of his staff then it is their fault. There seems to be no plan.

Oh yea I forgot we never passed sideways under Martinez. You're barking up the wrong tree.

Cameron Carter Vickers on 18:18 - Apr 15 with 2551 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Cameron Carter Vickers on 18:14 - Apr 15 by Chief

Oh yea I forgot we never passed sideways under Martinez. You're barking up the wrong tree.

I'm not barking up the wrong tree. There's more to that style of play than simply a high passing success percentage. Did we not have 74% against QPR recently and struggled to get within 30 yards of their box for 90 minutes?

We need centre backs who can bring the ball forward when under pressure, stepping up beyond the half way line. CCV cannot offer that. As it stands we often see McBurnie coming into centre midfield and our central midfielders dropping in as a 3rd centre back when we're in possession, even when nobody is closing them down.

Cameron Carter Vickers on 18:25 - Apr 15 with 2528 viewsChief

Cameron Carter Vickers on 18:18 - Apr 15 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I'm not barking up the wrong tree. There's more to that style of play than simply a high passing success percentage. Did we not have 74% against QPR recently and struggled to get within 30 yards of their box for 90 minutes?

We need centre backs who can bring the ball forward when under pressure, stepping up beyond the half way line. CCV cannot offer that. As it stands we often see McBurnie coming into centre midfield and our central midfielders dropping in as a 3rd centre back when we're in possession, even when nobody is closing them down.

Yes you are.

Yes those stats seem to be true and they are similar to stats that we'd see after games under Martinez that we sometimes frustratingly failed to win.

Cameron Carter Vickers on 18:30 - Apr 15 with 2520 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Cameron Carter Vickers on 18:25 - Apr 15 by Chief

Yes you are.

Yes those stats seem to be true and they are similar to stats that we'd see after games under Martinez that we sometimes frustratingly failed to win.

I am grateful to have been a season ticket holder when the two greatest managers in our history were in charge, and I struggle to recall a match under Martinez where we would have 74% possession and struggle so badly to create a chance. I doubt we ever had 74% possession at all. Attacking was direct and with a purpose, we would commit high numbers of players forward at the expensive of leaving ourselves open at the back.

Passing around the defence was done with purpose, to drag players out of position before exploiting the space left in the centre of the pitch. These days we pass around the back because nobody has the ability to step forward, or express that little bit of quality to beat the person pressing them and move forward.

The way we play now is so conservative it is more reminiscent of Sousa's Swansea.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024