Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Promotion - would you take it? 10:06 - Apr 13 with 2672 viewsmarchamjack

Let me be clear from the outset, great as the run is that we’re on, I genuinely don’t believe we’ll make the play-offs so obviously no chance of promotion.

However, loads on here a few months ago saying (when we looked like we had no chance at all) it’s too early/ wouldn’t take it if offered/ loving the Championship etc, which even then I couldn’t understand - why not get back to PL soon as we can and if we could. Otherwise, literally, what’s the point of playing at all if the team isn’t going to try to win as its too early/ in a few years would be better.

If we could beyond miracles make the play-offs and get up I’m 1000% up for that. Surely no-one wouldn’t want the same?

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Promotion - would you take it? on 10:07 - Apr 13 with 2664 viewswaynekerr55

Absolutely- the club is more sellable as a premier league club.

It also comes with the bonus of no Gonzo to spaff the money away

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Promotion - would you take it? on 10:09 - Apr 13 with 2652 viewsthornabyswan

Promotion - would you take it? on 10:07 - Apr 13 by waynekerr55

No brainer yes whatever league you are in always want to move up.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Promotion - would you take it? on 10:10 - Apr 13 with 2646 viewsdickythorpe

What a hypothetical question???

Bloody hell as a professional you have to back yourself to win every game, so YES
Promotion - would you take it? on 10:15 - Apr 13 with 2644 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Promotion - would you take it? on 10:07 - Apr 13 by waynekerr55

This. Twenty five zillion times.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Promotion - would you take it? on 10:21 - Apr 13 with 2634 viewsdameedna

Rherorical

One would have to be a bellend of biblical proportions to not want a team to gain promotion.
Promotion - would you take it? on 10:52 - Apr 13 with 2581 viewsjackal

Off course.

Why are we playing every week if not to get promotion?

However, with our owners and their sell. sell, sell attitude and no investment, it would be a massacre every week.

But maybe promotion would get us decent owners instead of the garbage we have now.
Promotion - would you take it? on 11:31 - Apr 13 with 2541 views1983

Why wouldn’t you ?
If not what’s the point of it all ?

Promotion - would you take it? on 11:50 - Apr 13 with 2508 viewsDr_Winston

Promotion - would you take it? on 10:52 - Apr 13 by jackal

Off course.

Why are we playing every week if not to get promotion?

However, with our owners and their sell. sell, sell attitude and no investment, it would be a massacre every week.

But maybe promotion would get us decent owners instead of the garbage we have now.

Odd. Seems that people haven't stopped complaining about the money we wasted last time we were in the Premier League under the same ownership.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Promotion - would you take it? on 11:56 - Apr 13 with 2497 viewswaynekerr55

Promotion - would you take it? on 11:50 - Apr 13 by Dr_Winston

Odd. Seems that people haven't stopped complaining about the money we wasted last time we were in the Premier League under the same ownership.

A more prudent approach would balance the books - I'd take yo yoing all day long in the medium term.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Promotion - would you take it? on 12:04 - Apr 13 with 2476 viewsDr_Winston

Promotion - would you take it? on 11:56 - Apr 13 by waynekerr55

A more prudent approach would balance the books - I'd take yo yoing all day long in the medium term.

I'm all for being prudent.

There's no real need to become a yo-yo club either. We weren't last time because we had good management, a good system in place and brought players in to suit it. I'd fancy our chances to do the same under GP given the current state of the lower end of the PL.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Promotion - would you take it? on 12:10 - Apr 13 with 2464 viewsBadlands

Take it?
Of course.
Want next season to be like 2015-2018 ... maybe not.
Being in he Premier League means less to me than being able to enjoy games like Brentfod, Middlesborough and Stoke.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Promotion - would you take it? on 12:41 - Apr 13 with 2428 viewsTailGunner

Promotion - would you take it? on 12:10 - Apr 13 by Badlands

Take it?
Of course.
Being in he Premier League means less to me than being able to enjoy games like Brentfod, Middlesborough and Stoke.

Take it everyday.

Lessons need to be learned though, and we've made some almost suicidal ones between new and old owners.
Promotion - would you take it? on 12:55 - Apr 13 with 2399 viewsjackrmee

Promotion - would you take it? on 12:04 - Apr 13 by Dr_Winston

I'm all for being prudent.

There's no real need to become a yo-yo club either. We weren't last time because we had good management, a good system in place and brought players in to suit it. I'd fancy our chances to do the same under GP given the current state of the lower end of the PL.

Of course I'd tak it if we were to go up this season, however I do believe we would come straight back down. We need more time to gel and for GP to learn and teach the squad what he wants.
I think if we went up now, GP would be poached and we would be stuck in the prem with a squad of kids and no-one to guide them. That could end up in ridicule and a relegation which could kill any confidence the kids have.

I'd love a playoff run and if we go up, then of course I'd be happy, but I would be similarly, if not more content with a nice bit of consistency in these last 6 matches, keep GP and the core of the team together, get rid of the high earners and possibly DJ and anyone else we get offereed sillly money for and start again next season with our players more equipped.

In a nutshell, I'm torn between which would benefit the club more, but would be reasonably happy and also reasonably worried about either scenario. Not sure which is best for us tbh.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Promotion - would you take it? on 13:45 - Apr 13 with 2324 viewskarnataka

I think anything that might hasten the departure of the current ownership would be good and promotion would be the most likely thing to do it. I'm sure the majority of the hedge funders won't have been impressed that their money hasn't grown to anywhere near the extent they had hoped and if they could get out with the same sum they put in would take it and run. Maybe then, Potter with the support of a far more football savvy board could actually get us going places.
Promotion - would you take it? on 21:09 - Apr 15 with 2097 viewsOldjack

Having already had a good taste of the Mega money league , where at first we were fine playing total football on a small budget with some real shrewd transfer deals .Now seeing we'll never have a pot to piss in ,plus staying up is our main aim NAAAAAAAA ,It's much more fun in the championship

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Promotion - would you take it? on 14:18 - Apr 16 with 1965 viewsdcd14

Promotion - would you take it? on 12:10 - Apr 13 by Badlands

Take it?
Of course.

As above Id take it, not sure if I'd be happy though.

The last 3 seasons in the PL were painful viewing its been quite enjoyable to be competitive on the whole this season.

Football for me is all about enjoyment I've enjoyed this season far more than the 3 that went previous.
Promotion - would you take it? on 17:27 - Apr 16 with 1872 viewsBluebird

Promotion would/could safeguard your clubs future it hopefully has for us.
Promotion - would you take it? on 18:44 - Apr 16 with 1832 viewsOldjack

Promotion - would you take it? on 17:27 - Apr 16 by Bluebird

Promotion would/could safeguard your clubs future it hopefully has for us.

warra a div

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Promotion - would you take it? on 19:25 - Apr 16 with 1806 viewsBluebird

Promotion - would you take it? on 18:44 - Apr 16 by Oldjack

warra a div

You seriously don’t think promotion to the premiership won’t help your clubs off the money troubles?
Promotion - would you take it? on 19:36 - Apr 16 with 1786 viewsplasjack

Promotion - would you take it? on 19:25 - Apr 16 by Bluebird

You seriously don’t think promotion to the premiership won’t help your clubs off the money troubles?

Unless you are top six, the financial pendulum is weighed heavily against you, that includes you lot.
And the irony is that if you spend aka Fulham it can backfire.
Promotion - would you take it? on 20:19 - Apr 16 with 1763 viewsjasper_T

Clubs like Huddersfield that kept a tight grip of finances come back down in good financial nick. Parachute payments more than enough to cover their obligations.

If we'd been relegated a season earlier we'd have been much stronger for our time in the PL, with all the new facilities and assets ready to sell. But a few ambitious/desperate missteps will put any club in the sht.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024