Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans TV Camerawork 18:03 - Apr 22 with 2569 viewsploppy

I know people have raised this issue before but I thought it deserved its own thread today because the camerawork was dire.

I don’t know who’s in charge of the camera or whether it’s the same people home and away but today it seemed like it was operated by a 10-year old who’d never watched football before. Zooming in to the corner flag, zooming into the linesman, not focusing on substitutions, ignoring players being treated for injury, etc.

Any idea who we’d complain to at the club? It’s not like it’s cheap to watch.
Swans TV Camerawork on 18:04 - Apr 22 with 2556 viewsdickythorpe

That goes for the sky red button farce this season. No replays, no zoom ins. We are the "mug punter"
Swans TV Camerawork on 19:26 - Apr 22 with 2407 viewsswans11

at away games its ifollow who do cameras not swans TV
ifollow have no replays dont know why. Watched a bit of today's game on ifollow stream which had better quality picture than swans TV but at least swans TV had replays so I watched on that
Swans TV Camerawork on 19:43 - Apr 22 with 2380 viewsbazzool

Yeah even Wyndham commentated on seeing the corner flag lol ,it was a bit strange , but atleast we got to see the game mate and there's on 3 left
Swans TV Camerawork on 19:53 - Apr 22 with 2352 viewsploppy

Swans TV Camerawork on 19:26 - Apr 22 by swans11

at away games its ifollow who do cameras not swans TV
ifollow have no replays dont know why. Watched a bit of today's game on ifollow stream which had better quality picture than swans TV but at least swans TV had replays so I watched on that

I see. So, for away games, Swans TV take their feed from iFollow and do their own replays?

The audio is always poor for away games also - I don't know who's to blame for that. The crowd noise is very faint and sometimes out of sync with the video - for me anyway.

Sounds like there's little point complaining to Swans TV then.
Swans TV Camerawork on 21:43 - Apr 22 with 2247 viewsPolskijack

I have sent a few emails about problems with Swans tv and just get what appears to be an auto bot that replies asking a load of irrelevant questions that bear no resemblance to the problem so it seems pointless to complain. Having said that I had no issues today.
Swans TV Camerawork on 23:05 - Apr 22 with 2127 viewsploppy

Swans TV Camerawork on 21:43 - Apr 22 by Polskijack

I have sent a few emails about problems with Swans tv and just get what appears to be an auto bot that replies asking a load of irrelevant questions that bear no resemblance to the problem so it seems pointless to complain. Having said that I had no issues today.

I had no issues today other than the crappy camerawork. Corner kicks - focussed in on the corner and then following the ball into the box. CR was injured first half - anyone with half a brain would want to see how bad it was - except the cameraman who was pointing elsewhere. Didn't even know if he'd left the field. Substitutions happening - not a clue.

I've had dropouts in the past but none today.
Swans TV Camerawork on 09:59 - Apr 23 with 1928 viewsGaz_M

It's actually operated by the home club.
Swans TV Camerawork on 11:23 - Apr 23 with 1876 viewsploppy

Swans TV Camerawork on 09:59 - Apr 23 by Gaz_M

It's actually operated by the home club.

That makes sense. There's no way Swans TV are going to send a camera "crew" to away grounds. Obviously, the commentators are located at the Liberty and are commentating off-tube.

Sometimes I wonder if it's a human operating the camera. It was so formulaic at Ipswich - basically, always focus on the ball unless a corner's been awarded, in which case zoom right in to the corner flag, or an offside's been given, in which case zoom in to the linesman. In one match, can't remember which, when a goal was scored the camera immediately panned back to the centre circle - and stayed there waiting for the players to arrive. Quite odd.

I'm curious to know what the relationship is with iFollow. It sounds like the Ipswich match video was done by iFollow (because you could buy it from Ipswich's website) and fed to Swans TV, with Swans TV providing replays. However, not all EFL clubs are subscribed to iFollow (we're not, for example). In that case, is the home club obliged to provide a video feed anyway? There hasn't been an instance where an away match hasn't been available on Swans TV (for international viewers).
Login to get fewer ads

Swans TV Camerawork on 11:26 - Apr 23 with 1864 viewsLeonWasGod

Don't know what you're complaining about, watching the corner flag would have been more exciting than watching the match!
Swans TV Camerawork on 11:30 - Apr 23 with 1857 viewsSwanjaxs

I pinch the coverage on iptv so im not complaining

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Swans TV Camerawork on 11:35 - Apr 23 with 1849 viewsploppy

Swans TV Camerawork on 11:26 - Apr 23 by LeonWasGod

Don't know what you're complaining about, watching the corner flag would have been more exciting than watching the match!

I didn't think it was too bad actually. There have been far far worse matches this season.
Swans TV Camerawork on 11:47 - Apr 23 with 1834 viewsHighjack

I thought the cameraman must have been pissed he was shaking all over the place. Understandable if you’re an Ipswich fan this year I suppose.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Swans TV Camerawork on 12:04 - Apr 23 with 1821 viewsjasper_T

The worst game I watched this season was Wales u21s against Portugal where the whole thing was zoomed close in on the action for the first 45 minutes. Impossible to follow the game with only the ball and two or three players in shot at a time. Was on BBC, so not an amateur operation.

I threw a tantrum about it on Twitter and mysteriously the camera work was a lot better in the second half.

The corner flag zooms were pretty funny yesterday.
Swans TV Camerawork on 20:46 - Apr 23 with 1658 viewskarnataka

Swans TV Camerawork on 12:04 - Apr 23 by jasper_T

The worst game I watched this season was Wales u21s against Portugal where the whole thing was zoomed close in on the action for the first 45 minutes. Impossible to follow the game with only the ball and two or three players in shot at a time. Was on BBC, so not an amateur operation.

I threw a tantrum about it on Twitter and mysteriously the camera work was a lot better in the second half.

The corner flag zooms were pretty funny yesterday.

Maybe it's a student on work experience from his course in Outside Broadcast Techniques and Engineering. Unfortunately, they chose one who has never previously watched a football match live or on TV.
Swans TV Camerawork on 22:21 - Apr 23 with 1599 viewsbluenile

Swans TV Camerawork on 20:46 - Apr 23 by karnataka

Maybe it's a student on work experience from his course in Outside Broadcast Techniques and Engineering. Unfortunately, they chose one who has never previously watched a football match live or on TV.

And will probably never watch, or work on, another . . . . .

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Swans TV Camerawork on 22:47 - Apr 23 with 1578 viewsjasper_T

Someone's nephew, probably. Familiar story (haha).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024