Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gavin Williamson 17:58 - May 1 with 4103 viewsBrynmill_Jack

..........should just go away and shut ooop.
Huwawei? Jackarmy!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Gavin Williamson on 19:13 - May 1 with 2082 viewsvalleyboy

You could look st in a different way, in that he did this country a favour

How stupid can a Prime Minister be, to go against the advice of MI6
Gavin Williamson on 19:15 - May 1 with 2084 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Which embassy will he run off to?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Gavin Williamson on 19:19 - May 1 with 2076 viewsLeonWasGod

Gavin Williamson on 19:13 - May 1 by valleyboy

You could look st in a different way, in that he did this country a favour

How stupid can a Prime Minister be, to go against the advice of MI6

Quite. I wonder who is really in the wrong here? The person who is happy to go against all domestic and international advice from the top security agencies in the world (on ‘our’ side). Or the person who brings to the public’s attention the fact that we’re potentially jeopardising national security?

Sticking my tin foil hat on, I wouldn’t at all be surprised to learn in many years time that May was a foreign agent or in receipt of their money. It would be difficult for any foreign power to be as disruptive as she is. For now I’m still putting it down to sheer incompetence, but I do wonder sometimes.
[Post edited 1 May 2019 20:46]
Gavin Williamson on 19:30 - May 1 with 2058 viewsbluey_the_blue

There is a rumour it's a battle between Williamson and Sedwill.

WIlliamson's letter certainly intimates Sedwill's investigation was p1ss poor.

It'll be interesting anyway, given the leak breaks the official secret act, a criminal offence, a more thorough investigation will take place...
Gavin Williamson on 20:02 - May 1 with 2017 viewsvalleyboy

Gavin Williamson on 19:19 - May 1 by LeonWasGod

Quite. I wonder who is really in the wrong here? The person who is happy to go against all domestic and international advice from the top security agencies in the world (on ‘our’ side). Or the person who brings to the public’s attention the fact that we’re potentially jeopardising national security?

Sticking my tin foil hat on, I wouldn’t at all be surprised to learn in many years time that May was a foreign agent or in receipt of their money. It would be difficult for any foreign power to be as disruptive as she is. For now I’m still putting it down to sheer incompetence, but I do wonder sometimes.
[Post edited 1 May 2019 20:46]

I wouldn’t be surprised that Williamson was under pressure from high ranking generals at the Ministry of defence to let the country know what this idiot of a Prime Minister was doing

I would now put Teresa May as the biggest threat for the security and prosperity of this country

Often she has told Jeremy Corbyn that he is not fit to govern

I would say she needs to look in the mirror as she’s in the same boat
Gavin Williamson on 20:29 - May 1 with 1991 viewsexiledclaseboy

Williamson is a fool and his attempt to implicate his officials by stridently insisting they weren’t responsible is scurrilous. This government leaks like a sieve because the PM has no authority and the leaks almost always come from ministers.
[Post edited 1 May 2019 21:19]

Poll: Tory leader

Gavin Williamson on 20:33 - May 1 with 1984 viewsbluey_the_blue

Gavin Williamson on 20:29 - May 1 by exiledclaseboy

Williamson is a fool and his attempt to implicate his officials by stridently insisting they weren’t responsible is scurrilous. This government leaks like a sieve because the PM has no authority and the leaks almost always come from ministers.

How is he implicating his officials by insisting they weren't responsible? Maybe they weren't responsible?
Gavin Williamson on 20:42 - May 1 with 1977 viewsexiledclaseboy

Gavin Williamson on 20:33 - May 1 by bluey_the_blue

How is he implicating his officials by insisting they weren't responsible? Maybe they weren't responsible?

Well the PM’s letter makes no mention of his department being suspected, only him personally. His reply widens the suspicion to those working in his department. You work it out.

Of course a full, criminal investigation would unearth all this. But that won’t happen.

Login to get fewer ads

Gavin Williamson on 20:45 - May 1 with 1967 viewsmonmouth

Gavin Williamson on 20:33 - May 1 by bluey_the_blue

Seriously? Come on Bluey, Seriously?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Gavin Williamson on 20:51 - May 1 with 1955 viewsbluey_the_blue

Gavin Williamson on 20:42 - May 1 by exiledclaseboy

Well the PM’s letter makes no mention of his department being suspected, only him personally. His reply widens the suspicion to those working in his department. You work it out.

Of course a full, criminal investigation would unearth all this. But that won’t happen.

Well, there should be a full criminal investigation into this imo. It's simply that serious.

Williamson seems to want one, No 10 doesn't. That's interesting in itself.

Sedwill and WIlliamson seem to have issues working together. Who knows what's gone on?
Gavin Williamson on 21:05 - May 1 with 1930 viewsexiledclaseboy

Gavin Williamson on 20:51 - May 1 by bluey_the_blue

Well, there should be a full criminal investigation into this imo. It's simply that serious.

Williamson seems to want one, No 10 doesn't. That's interesting in itself.

Sedwill and WIlliamson seem to have issues working together. Who knows what's gone on?

Cabinet ministers and the cabinet secretary are supposed to hate each other. It’s traditional.

Gavin Williamson on 23:17 - May 1 with 1829 viewsKilkennyjack

Gavin Williamson on 20:29 - May 1 by exiledclaseboy

Spot on - Williamson is a fool. The end.

Beware of the Risen People

Gavin Williamson on 10:30 - May 2 with 1696 viewscontroversial_jack

Didn't Calamity May call Jeremy Corbyn a threat to national security? Karma is wonderful!
Gavin Williamson on 10:39 - May 2 with 1691 viewsvalleyboy

Gavin Williamson on 10:30 - May 2 by controversial_jack

Didn't Calamity May call Jeremy Corbyn a threat to national security? Karma is wonderful!

Jeremy Corbyn and Theresa May between them. Will destroy the UK

Both are totally incompetent

In my memory

We haven’t had such a useless Prime Minister and a leader of the opposition both together at the same time
Gavin Williamson on 11:25 - May 2 with 1668 viewsbluey_the_blue

Met police have said they'd investigate potential OSA breach if reported. No 10 haven't and almost certainly won't report it. Deputy Prime Minister in response to urgent question saying Williamson had lost the confidence of the PM, that the fact a leak occurred was more important than the contents.

Hmmm, I'm on Williamson's side on this.
Gavin Williamson on 11:40 - May 2 with 1651 viewssherpajacob

Williamson is dreadful, pretty much everyone can see that. Continually proves his incompetence on an almost daily basis.

The truly worrying thing is that May identified him as a rising star, possibly even a future leader, and kept promoting him.

Tells us more about her than him.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Gavin Williamson on 12:06 - May 2 with 1631 viewsbluey_the_blue

Does he? Armed forces seem to respect him.

What we're seeing is someone's reputation being damned yet the narrative has gone from "leaked information, compelling evidence" to "ah he actually lost PM's confidence..." which is one hell of a climbdown by number 10.
Gavin Williamson on 13:07 - May 2 with 1591 viewslondonlisa2001

Gavin Williamson on 12:06 - May 2 by bluey_the_blue

Does he? Armed forces seem to respect him.

What we're seeing is someone's reputation being damned yet the narrative has gone from "leaked information, compelling evidence" to "ah he actually lost PM's confidence..." which is one hell of a climbdown by number 10.

There’s been no climb down Bluey.

They have records of a phone call that was made between him and the Telegraph journo after the meeting that discussed the Huawei situation. They know exactly when it was made and for how long.

It’s probably inadmissible in a police investigation hence the reluctance to take it further.
Gavin Williamson on 13:22 - May 2 with 1578 viewsdickythorpe

Nordfelt rumoured to be in running to replace Williamson.
Gavin Williamson on 13:35 - May 2 with 1575 viewsbluey_the_blue

Gavin Williamson on 13:07 - May 2 by londonlisa2001

There’s been no climb down Bluey.

They have records of a phone call that was made between him and the Telegraph journo after the meeting that discussed the Huawei situation. They know exactly when it was made and for how long.

It’s probably inadmissible in a police investigation hence the reluctance to take it further.

He's said he spoke to the journalist. Cabinet ministers talk to journalists all the time.

He's stated he did not leak, onus on May to show that - after all, she claimed there was "compelling evidence".

Not "compelling evidence" to get a police investigation into an OSA breach, just enough to trash the man's reputation. Indeed, if you watched the urgent question in the HoC earlier, Lidington repeatedly stated WIlliamson went due to "losing confidence of PM".

The fact the deputy prime minister is downplaying the reason for the firing of Williamson - that comment along with "it's the fact there was a leak, not the content" which indicates a climb down to me.
Gavin Williamson on 13:43 - May 2 with 1567 viewsBatterseajack

swearing on his children's life on something as serious as this is a bit cringe.
Gavin Williamson on 13:47 - May 2 with 1562 viewslondonlisa2001

Gavin Williamson on 13:35 - May 2 by bluey_the_blue

He's said he spoke to the journalist. Cabinet ministers talk to journalists all the time.

He's stated he did not leak, onus on May to show that - after all, she claimed there was "compelling evidence".

Not "compelling evidence" to get a police investigation into an OSA breach, just enough to trash the man's reputation. Indeed, if you watched the urgent question in the HoC earlier, Lidington repeatedly stated WIlliamson went due to "losing confidence of PM".

The fact the deputy prime minister is downplaying the reason for the firing of Williamson - that comment along with "it's the fact there was a leak, not the content" which indicates a climb down to me.

Get real Bluey.

You don’t think they can listen in to calls? How do you think they know the call was made, when it was made and how long it lasted? Why didn’t he admit he’d made the call before the evidence was made public?

Jess Phillips has said today they know he’s leaked at least once before.

May’s letter to him yesterday said he’d lost her confidence. It also says there’s no other credible explanation of the leak other than it was him.

He was her blue eyed boy - you think she’s sacked him for the sake of it? The comment about principle not content is referring to the notion his mates are putting about that it wasn’t a ‘state secret’. For once, she’s done the right thing. It doesn’t matter what was leaked, the fact that the defence secretary is leaking anything is good enough reason for him to be dumped.

He’s an odious little git anyway. Good riddance. For him to try to blame staff is hideous.
Gavin Williamson on 13:47 - May 2 with 1560 viewslondonlisa2001

Gavin Williamson on 13:43 - May 2 by Batterseajack

swearing on his children's life on something as serious as this is a bit cringe.

Innit. How old is he - 10?
Gavin Williamson on 13:53 - May 2 with 1549 viewsHighjack

Gavin Williamson on 13:47 - May 2 by londonlisa2001

Innit. How old is he - 10?

How many 10 year olds swear on their children’s lives?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Gavin Williamson on 13:56 - May 2 with 1548 viewsbluey_the_blue

Gavin Williamson on 13:47 - May 2 by londonlisa2001

Get real Bluey.

You don’t think they can listen in to calls? How do you think they know the call was made, when it was made and how long it lasted? Why didn’t he admit he’d made the call before the evidence was made public?

Jess Phillips has said today they know he’s leaked at least once before.

May’s letter to him yesterday said he’d lost her confidence. It also says there’s no other credible explanation of the leak other than it was him.

He was her blue eyed boy - you think she’s sacked him for the sake of it? The comment about principle not content is referring to the notion his mates are putting about that it wasn’t a ‘state secret’. For once, she’s done the right thing. It doesn’t matter what was leaked, the fact that the defence secretary is leaking anything is good enough reason for him to be dumped.

He’s an odious little git anyway. Good riddance. For him to try to blame staff is hideous.

Didn't have you as one of the tin foil brigade ;)

Jess Phillips? No motivation on her part to play it up, eh?

Now, is there no other credible explanation of the leak or was no other credible explanation presented to May? There's a difference there.

Now, he may have leaked. He may not have leaked. Given it was NSC stuff, clearly there's a view OSA was broken - so why no complaint to police?

I hope the Met take on board Jo Swinson's complaint, if she has indeed made one. If Williamson leaked and broke OSA, he should be prosecuted. If Sedwill performed a slapdash investigation to settle a score, then that could well be the thing that brings May down.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024