Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Llansamlet Incinerator Planning rejected by Council 17:31 - May 7 with 1354 viewsjack2jack

Congratulations to all involved in getting this application rejected.
Let's hope if it goes to appeal this also will be kicked out.
Again well done to all.
Llansamlet Incinerator Planning rejected by Council on 18:47 - May 7 with 1306 viewsAlberto_Swinglehurst

Much better to use the landfill site in Merthyr.
Llansamlet Incinerator Planning rejected by Council on 18:57 - May 7 with 1290 viewsjack2jack

Llansamlet Incinerator Planning rejected by Council on 18:47 - May 7 by Alberto_Swinglehurst

Much better to use the landfill site in Merthyr.

Asking, telling or other!
Llansamlet Incinerator Planning rejected by Council on 18:58 - May 7 with 1287 viewsdickythorpe

Give it to Cardiff
Llansamlet Incinerator Planning rejected by Council on 19:03 - May 7 with 1277 viewsjack2jack

Llansamlet Incinerator Planning rejected by Council on 18:58 - May 7 by dickythorpe

Give it to Cardiff

Apparently WAG were all in favour of the proposal. Quelle surprise.
Llansamlet Incinerator Planning rejected by Council on 19:06 - May 7 with 1271 viewsLuther27

I know there was a lot of problems with the one in Baldwins on the Neath/Swansea border. Not even sure if it's still operational.
Llansamlet Incinerator Planning rejected by Council on 22:19 - May 7 with 1171 viewsScotia

Llansamlet Incinerator Planning rejected by Council on 19:06 - May 7 by Luther27

I know there was a lot of problems with the one in Baldwins on the Neath/Swansea border. Not even sure if it's still operational.

The planners recommended it for approval, they are usually correct. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets consent on appeal.
Llansamlet Incinerator Planning rejected by Council on 13:26 - May 11 with 932 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Why burn rubbish safely and generate electricity which will earn income for the Council. We will not have to import gas to generate the electricity lost.
Instead ratepayers will pay landfill tax and the cost of road transport to drive the rubbish to Merthyr to put it in a hole. The Rubbish will slowly rot away releasing all sorts of greenhouse gasses as well as polluting water courses.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Llansamlet Incinerator Planning rejected by Council on 16:30 - May 11 with 871 viewscontroversial_jack

Llansamlet Incinerator Planning rejected by Council on 13:26 - May 11 by felixstowe_jack

Why burn rubbish safely and generate electricity which will earn income for the Council. We will not have to import gas to generate the electricity lost.
Instead ratepayers will pay landfill tax and the cost of road transport to drive the rubbish to Merthyr to put it in a hole. The Rubbish will slowly rot away releasing all sorts of greenhouse gasses as well as polluting water courses.

I don't want to earn income for the council, that's not their purpose in life. It's what we do with most of our recyclables now - just take them to landfill sites.
Login to get fewer ads

Llansamlet Incinerator Planning rejected by Council on 16:36 - May 11 with 867 viewsDyfnant

Llansamlet Incinerator Planning rejected by Council on 16:30 - May 11 by controversial_jack

I don't want to earn income for the council, that's not their purpose in life. It's what we do with most of our recyclables now - just take them to landfill sites.

Well I’d like them to not increase council tax so much each year, build it and burn it.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Llansamlet Incinerator Planning rejected by Council on 22:39 - May 11 with 829 viewsswanforthemoney

I don't believe it would be burnt safely.
My understanding is that if its burnt at a very high temperature, most of the fumes and vapours do not contain many toxins or dioxins and the like. However, the point is, if the temperature is not right there are some disgustingly toxiC chemicals spewed out.
So, will there be constant monitoring of the burn and the fumes?
By whom will it be monitored?
Will the results be published?
If it starts throwing out toxic fumes, or the monitoring equipment fails, will they close it down to fix it all?
I don't live in llansamlet, it won't poison me, and my grandkids won't be born with no eyes or internal organs on the outside as happens when you get exposed to some of the chemicals that are results of incomplete combustion of plastics, but I wouldn't want it to happen to anyone else either.
Good decision not to approve it.

I stand in the North Stand

Llansamlet Incinerator Planning rejected by Council on 20:06 - May 12 with 719 viewsjack2jack

Llansamlet Incinerator Planning rejected by Council on 13:26 - May 11 by felixstowe_jack

I don't believe the Council wiould make any money from this venture.
Biffa is a private company. The only reason I can see for them wanting this Incinerator is to cut their operating cost, I.e. transportation and landfill charges which cost a fortune by the way in Trecatti.
They would also gain revenue from pumping energy into the grid, so it's a win win for them.
50 years ago not a blade of grass grew in the Lower Swansea Valley, due to its over industrialisation, do we really want to go back to those dark days.
Yes they have filters and exhausts fitted to the chimney stacks, but what would happen if there was an accident, explosion or leakage, what would happen then.
No sorry I'm not convinced, as for recycling, maybe the way forward is to tackle things at source, governments and industry getting their heads together and coming up with radical new ways of recycling, I'll leave that to the so called experts.
BTW.Landfill sites are lined these days and the water run off collected and treated, not saying leaks don't occur, but landfill management is in a different league these days if done correctly.
Llansamlet Incinerator Planning rejected by Council on 20:45 - May 12 with 710 viewsScotia

Llansamlet Incinerator Planning rejected by Council on 20:06 - May 12 by jack2jack

I don't believe the Council wiould make any money from this venture.
Biffa is a private company. The only reason I can see for them wanting this Incinerator is to cut their operating cost, I.e. transportation and landfill charges which cost a fortune by the way in Trecatti.
They would also gain revenue from pumping energy into the grid, so it's a win win for them.
50 years ago not a blade of grass grew in the Lower Swansea Valley, due to its over industrialisation, do we really want to go back to those dark days.
Yes they have filters and exhausts fitted to the chimney stacks, but what would happen if there was an accident, explosion or leakage, what would happen then.
No sorry I'm not convinced, as for recycling, maybe the way forward is to tackle things at source, governments and industry getting their heads together and coming up with radical new ways of recycling, I'll leave that to the so called experts.
BTW.Landfill sites are lined these days and the water run off collected and treated, not saying leaks don't occur, but landfill management is in a different league these days if done correctly.

Spot on.

This is a private enterprise for biffa to get rid of the commercial waste they are paid to collect.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024