Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cameron Toshack 17:09 - May 19 with 6173 viewsBytholWyn

When the speculation started about the who the new Swansea manager came out the names mentioned seemed to be a mix of who is currently available, Welsh managers and sundry managers who have been around the block a number of times. So the likes of Pulis (ticks all three boxes), Flynn and Allardyce have been mentioned and/or featured in the early odds. I don't think even the American owners would appoint any of these, not that I can be entirely confident of that. But for us to appoint the likes of Pulis, Flynn or Allardyce would be utter stupidity. That's not to denigrate their abilities - Flynn in particular has impressed me. It's just that none of these would be at all suitable for the Swansea job. In fact, we might as well close the academy immediately (that's not a suggestion by the way) because it would be a complete waste of money.

What these ridiculous suggestions highlight is the paramount importance of appointing a manager that can continue the excellent job done by Potter this season and make proper use of the players coming out of our academy. Hopefully, we can identify an unknown but up-and-coming manager from Germany or the Netherlands. I'm not holding my breath on that. Failing that Cameron Toshack ticks most of the boxes.

Firstly he knows and understands the qualities of the academy youngsters and presumably has a good rapport with them. This could help us keep at least some of our most promising youngsters on board for a while yet. There should also be a fair degree of continuity in terms of playing style. When Toshack has appeared as a match day summariser he's stood out for the excellence and quality of his analysis, in sharp contrast to most of the alternatives. For comparison, even though Leon was one of the better pundits his comments did tend to be a bit bland and lacking in depth. Toshack was also noticeably reluctant to criticise the players, a diplomatic streak that I didn't expect from him, given who his dad is, but a quality that would earn him a lot of respect in the dressing room.

If I were to make one criticism of Toshack it would be that he lack a bit of hwyl, perhaps a bit too cerebral. But his calmness could be offset by a more animated assistant. Not that Leon is particularly excitable - but he could be a decent foil to Toshack, while he gets his coaching badges.

I hope we discover a manager out there with a track record with a senior side as well as the possession football credentials. Failing that, Toshack would be a decent and congruent appointment. Given his availability and low wage cost I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Americans go for him. I wouldn't be overjoyed, but I wouldn't be wailing and gnashing my teeth either.
Cameron Toshack on 17:13 - May 19 with 5221 viewsCaptain_Sham

How long did it take you to type that wall of shyte?
[Post edited 19 May 2019 17:14]

Its just a ride.

Cameron Toshack on 17:16 - May 19 with 5195 viewsCooperman

Cameron Toshack on 17:13 - May 19 by Captain_Sham

I stopped reading after the third line of randomness.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Cameron Toshack on 17:18 - May 19 with 5167 viewsKilkennyjack

Toshacks u23s just got relegated ffs ...

Beware of the Risen People

Cameron Toshack on 17:25 - May 19 with 5104 viewsBytholWyn

Cameron Toshack on 17:18 - May 19 by Kilkennyjack

After the guts were ripped out of the side...

As I said, Toshack would be a fallback option. Care to suggest any alternatives?
Cameron Toshack on 17:26 - May 19 with 5094 viewsdickythorpe

Cameron Toshack on 17:13 - May 19 by Captain_Sham

I've always loved the Cap'n
Cameron Toshack on 17:27 - May 19 with 5090 viewsdickythorpe

Cameron Toshack on 17:16 - May 19 by Cooperman

I stopped reading after the third line of randomness.

You're one of my favourites on here
Cameron Toshack on 17:27 - May 19 with 5083 viewsdickythorpe

Cameron Toshack on 17:25 - May 19 by BytholWyn

After the guts were ripped out of the side...

As I said, Toshack would be a fallback option. Care to suggest any alternatives?

Len Goodwin
Cameron Toshack on 17:31 - May 19 with 5050 viewstrinityann

Continutinety
Login to get fewer ads

Cameron Toshack on 17:33 - May 19 with 5035 viewsdickythorpe

Cameron Toshack on 17:31 - May 19 by trinityann

Continutinety

Imagination

Imagination https://g.co/kgs/kMBn7d
Cameron Toshack on 17:37 - May 19 with 5018 viewstheloneranger

Allardyce will not go to any club where there's no money, and when he eventually leaves most are in dire straits money wise with players on long expensive contracts.

FFS ... Keep "Hippo Head" out of Swansea

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Cameron Toshack on 17:40 - May 19 with 4987 viewsmagicdaps10

Cameron Toshack in at 3/1 fav now.
Flynn also coming in at 6/1.

Cant take much at those odds but they are the early indications.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Cameron Toshack on 17:48 - May 19 with 4946 viewsBadlands

Cameron Toshack on 17:18 - May 19 by Kilkennyjack

TBF half the team expected to have we promoted to the senior squad.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Cameron Toshack on 17:51 - May 19 with 4926 viewsdickythorpe

Cameron Toshack on 17:37 - May 19 by theloneranger

Allardyce will not go to any club where there's no money, and when he eventually leaves most are in dire straits money wise with players on long expensive contracts.

FFS ... Keep "Hippo Head" out of Swansea

"Hippo head"
Cameron Toshack on 17:57 - May 19 with 4893 viewsjasper_T

Cameron Toshack on 17:48 - May 19 by Badlands

TBF half the team expected to have we promoted to the senior squad.

To be equally fair half last season's team would have been let go had we not been relegated as they were all in their twenties and looking unlikely to get a breakthrough here. That or sent out on loan.

The killer was the first half of the season where Richards and Toshack had a different group of players for every game, with the first team fringe lads dropping in and out, not travelling to away games etc. Form was a lot better in the second half of the season with a consistent young side, although we still struggled.
Cameron Toshack on 19:52 - May 19 with 4660 viewsKilkennyjack

Get relegated, get the top job.

The new Swansea way.

I would appoint his old man mind.
[Post edited 19 May 2019 23:03]

Beware of the Risen People

Cameron Toshack on 19:57 - May 19 with 4615 viewsBanosswan

Cameron Toshack on 19:52 - May 19 by Kilkennyjack

The new Swansea way.

Ahh you exciting bstard!
[Post edited 20 May 2019 13:16]

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Cameron Toshack on 21:55 - May 19 with 4441 viewsBytholWyn

Whether you like it or not, Toshack Junior is currently favourite at 3/1, with odds shortening. I sincerely hope we can do better, but I won't be throwing my toys out of the pram if Toshack ends up with the job.

It could be argued that our number one priority is a head of recruitment/Director of Coaching in the Stuart Webber mould, with contacts across the continent. Better to get the right person in place for this position first, and then appoint a manager. Toshack could be given the job on abasis caretaker basis if the process takes a while. I'd rather we get this right than rush it and regret at our leisure.
Cameron Toshack on 07:23 - May 20 with 4130 viewswobbly

Fair play to Cameron’s mum for registering and posting on here.

Opening post was a little biased but you’ll get used to this place.
Cameron Toshack on 07:33 - May 20 with 4094 viewsjackal

Cameron Toshack would be the cheap option.

That would appeal to our beloved owners.
Cameron Toshack on 07:44 - May 20 with 4061 viewscostalotta

Cameron Toshack on 17:57 - May 19 by jasper_T

To be equally fair half last season's team would have been let go had we not been relegated as they were all in their twenties and looking unlikely to get a breakthrough here. That or sent out on loan.

The killer was the first half of the season where Richards and Toshack had a different group of players for every game, with the first team fringe lads dropping in and out, not travelling to away games etc. Form was a lot better in the second half of the season with a consistent young side, although we still struggled.

Struggled massively and got relegated.

CT is not the way forward on any planet.
Cameron Toshack on 08:07 - May 20 with 3997 viewsWarwickHunt

Cameron Toshack on 17:31 - May 19 by trinityann

Continutinety

Is he Argentinian?
Cameron Toshack on 10:24 - May 20 with 3849 viewsjasper_T

Cameron Toshack on 07:44 - May 20 by costalotta

Struggled massively and got relegated.

CT is not the way forward on any planet.

United's u23s got relegated last season, and didn't manage promotion this one.

Development teams rarely have consistent success, even at the biggest clubs who spend the most money. It's not necessarily a failure of the matchday coaches, when the system works properly there's constant turnover of players, not all of whom are made equal.

Sunderland finished bottom of PL2 Div 1 last season, and bottom of Div 2 this one.
Cameron Toshack on 11:00 - May 20 with 3729 viewsNotLoyal

Cameron Toshack on 19:52 - May 19 by Kilkennyjack

The new Swansea way.

He looks like he lives in a bus stop with Kenny Samson sucking on scrumpy Jack with a cloth cap on the floor.
Has he got a dog ?

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Cameron Toshack on 11:40 - May 20 with 3663 viewscostalotta

Cameron Toshack on 10:24 - May 20 by jasper_T

United's u23s got relegated last season, and didn't manage promotion this one.

Development teams rarely have consistent success, even at the biggest clubs who spend the most money. It's not necessarily a failure of the matchday coaches, when the system works properly there's constant turnover of players, not all of whom are made equal.

Sunderland finished bottom of PL2 Div 1 last season, and bottom of Div 2 this one.

im not sure what you are trying to say?

CT nor GR should not be going anywhere near the head coach role. They’ve not earned it, and they’ve not demonstrated that they are even ready r in fact good enough. Just my humble opinion. if appointed , we’ll end up in a far worse position. That has nothing to do with Sunderland, the expectations we have of the performance of the U23s of other clubs or the coaches.
Cameron Toshack on 12:25 - May 20 with 3572 viewsjasper_T

Cameron Toshack on 11:40 - May 20 by costalotta

im not sure what you are trying to say?

CT nor GR should not be going anywhere near the head coach role. They’ve not earned it, and they’ve not demonstrated that they are even ready r in fact good enough. Just my humble opinion. if appointed , we’ll end up in a far worse position. That has nothing to do with Sunderland, the expectations we have of the performance of the U23s of other clubs or the coaches.

I wouldn't give him the job either, but a relegation in development football isn't a reason why, as you seemed to suggest in your post.

Just as a title and cup double, and 4th place finish last season, aren't reasons to give Richards a crack. It's a different job with different priorities.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024