Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Amazon Prime 19:57 - Jun 11 with 2732 viewsNeath_Jack

Has the rights to show all Premier League fixtures on Boxing day, Sky and BT broadcasting no games.

Hadn't heard about that until today.

Imagine a publican who pays a couple of grand a year to have sky and bt sports, then this happens on one of their busiest days.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Amazon Prime on 20:05 - Jun 11 with 2704 viewsLord_Bony

Fair play.

For better or worse, Amazon are encroaching on EVERY business and service on the planet.

Wouldn't surprise me they Google and Netflix are testing out the market. They are certainly big enough to take on the big boys in this game.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Amazon Prime on 21:47 - Jun 11 with 2480 viewsNotLoyal

It's the future, Netflix coming up on the outside too.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Amazon Prime on 22:37 - Jun 11 with 2363 viewsGlyn1

"Imagine a publican who pays a couple of grand a year to have sky and bt sports, then this happens on one of their busiest days."

Only a couple of grand? Surely more? I was talking to a pub landlord who said that almost no-one watches the cricket etc during the summer but he still has to pay the full rate for it and doesn't get a rebate, so I can understand why a few pubs near me have now dropped Sky.

For what it's worth, Amazon Prime have been offering some 30-day free trials that are worth looking out for. Personally I'm waiting until I can binge on the entire season of "Good Omens".

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Amazon Prime on 22:44 - Jun 11 with 2346 viewsTenbySwan

Start your free Amazon Prime free trial month a week before Christmas 😉

Or get a stream!

Anyway, why are we bothered by Premier league. We will have our derby that day 😁
Amazon Prime on 22:46 - Jun 11 with 2343 viewsGlyn1

Amazon Prime on 22:44 - Jun 11 by TenbySwan

Start your free Amazon Prime free trial month a week before Christmas 😉

Or get a stream!

Anyway, why are we bothered by Premier league. We will have our derby that day 😁

Good thinking that man!

Will Sky be showing Championship matches on Boxing Day instead?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Amazon Prime on 06:17 - Jun 12 with 2197 viewsDr_Winston

Amazon Prime on 21:47 - Jun 11 by NotLoyal

It's the future, Netflix coming up on the outside too.

Netflix will need something.

Amazon have deeper pockets and Disney+ will have better content. They're in serious danger of being squeezed out, hence the amount of losses they're making by spending on original content. Sports rights might be something they can use to maintain subscribers, but they'll have to pay a fortune.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Amazon Prime on 07:18 - Jun 12 with 2095 viewsVetchfielder

I cancelled my Sky contract this week. I've had 3 years of above inflation rate price increases and called them to renegotiate , maybe by cancelling the Sky Sports element. They were going to charge me a £10 admin fee for amending my contract but this annoyed me so much that I ended up just cancelling the whole contract. Sky know they can take the p1ss because they have a like for like competitor to keep them keen. So far I'm missing my pause/rewind and record function more than the programmes!

I've now started a Netflix contract to try and supplement my "viewing experience"

Proud to have been one of the 231

Amazon Prime on 07:23 - Jun 12 with 2086 viewsAlberto_Swinglehurst

Amazon Prime on 07:18 - Jun 12 by Vetchfielder

I cancelled my Sky contract this week. I've had 3 years of above inflation rate price increases and called them to renegotiate , maybe by cancelling the Sky Sports element. They were going to charge me a £10 admin fee for amending my contract but this annoyed me so much that I ended up just cancelling the whole contract. Sky know they can take the p1ss because they have a like for like competitor to keep them keen. So far I'm missing my pause/rewind and record function more than the programmes!

I've now started a Netflix contract to try and supplement my "viewing experience"

2019 called. They said to get an IPTV contract.
Login to get fewer ads

Amazon Prime on 08:53 - Jun 12 with 1989 viewsTenbySwan

Amazon Prime on 07:18 - Jun 12 by Vetchfielder

You can get a free view plus box to pause rewind and record . From places like Argos Amazon etc.
Not very expensive.

I wish I knew more about how go get iptv though.
Amazon Prime on 23:45 - Jun 13 with 1669 viewsJack123

Flippin heck, I never realised this Jeff Bezos was worth so much money..

https://start.att.net/news/read/article/money-jeff_bezos_is_making_an_insane_230

Personally as far as paying for an amazon subscription to watch footy , i would never in a million years, same as the rest as well, sky and bt, no way..

I think, that if the avid sports fan doesn't stand up right now, to what is happening, you are just leaving yourselves wide open for your pockets to be picked year after year..

I think the greedy gits, will one day implement the same stuff as the boxing, all of a sudden man utd v liverpool is pay per view..

libera nos a malo

Amazon Prime on 13:03 - Jun 14 with 1531 viewstrinityann

Amazon Prime on 23:45 - Jun 13 by Jack123

Flippin heck, I never realised this Jeff Bezos was worth so much money..

https://start.att.net/news/read/article/money-jeff_bezos_is_making_an_insane_230

Personally as far as paying for an amazon subscription to watch footy , i would never in a million years, same as the rest as well, sky and bt, no way..

I think, that if the avid sports fan doesn't stand up right now, to what is happening, you are just leaving yourselves wide open for your pockets to be picked year after year..

I think the greedy gits, will one day implement the same stuff as the boxing, all of a sudden man utd v liverpool is pay per view..

I have Amazon and Netflix already which represent excellent value for money. I have BT sports for a fiver with Plusnet broadband.

I phoned Sky yesterday for offers thinking that you might get it cheaper in the off season. Sky wanted £50 for entertainment and sports HD. I ain't paying £50 a month just for football, I have no interest in other sky products.
Amazon Prime on 13:46 - Jun 14 with 1493 viewsepaul

Amazon Prime on 08:53 - Jun 12 by TenbySwan

You can get a free view plus box to pause rewind and record . From places like Argos Amazon etc.
Not very expensive.

I wish I knew more about how go get iptv though.

Get yourself a firestick or android box then your good to go (I'm sure it'll so work on I thingys to) plenty of iptv providers out there

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024