Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Albion Colliery. A really sad story. 23:10 - Jun 23 with 1278 viewsSgorioFruit

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/albion-colliery-mining-disaster-ci

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Albion Colliery. A really sad story. on 23:10 - Jun 23 with 1276 viewsSgorioFruit

Tragic. Ashamed to say that I had never heard of this before.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Albion Colliery. A really sad story. on 15:44 - Jun 24 with 1104 viewsCountyJim

The price of coal mate its truly is shocking

My Grancha lost his step brother at Six bells my Grancha broke his back twice his collarbone and nose four times under ground at roseheyworth colliery
Albion Colliery. A really sad story. on 20:50 - Jun 24 with 1039 viewssioni

Brought memories back. My father worked at the Albion. In 1956 was passing through low seam and large rock settled/fell and pinned him, several hours to extricate him, unable/unwilling to report incident day of occurrence not entitled to workmen’s compensation family had to survive (with difficulty) couple of years on “the dole” to Dad’s shame. Left school early ,after 3 years applied to return, pandemonium apparently in assessing legitimacy of unheard of request,subsequently allowed. Eventually got State Scholarship, but would not have returned to school were it not for the possibility of receiving generous grant offered to everyone accepted by university after new legislation from Clem Attlee, Aneurin Bevan and the other happy band of Labour brothers elected postwar.
Albion Colliery. A really sad story. on 20:54 - Jun 24 with 1035 viewsdickythorpe

Albion Colliery. A really sad story. on 15:44 - Jun 24 by CountyJim

The price of coal mate its truly is shocking

My Grancha lost his step brother at Six bells my Grancha broke his back twice his collarbone and nose four times under ground at roseheyworth colliery

Didn't we , the Welsh under sell it? Ripped off I always was led to believe.
Albion Colliery. A really sad story. on 22:20 - Jun 24 with 980 viewsmajorraglan

There are lots of tragic stories associated with mining in Wales. If you have never been to Big Pit it’s well worth the visit; it’s very humbling. I am pretty sure there’s a memorial or a list of accidents there.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024