Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP Springbok James Small 15:09 - Jul 10 with 983 viewsjackharris

I have to admit I absolutely despised this man when he was on the rugby field but 50 is far too young. Very sad news for his family and friends. RIP James...

https://www.springboks.rugby/en/articles/2019/07/10/RIP-James-Small

The Pantomime Villain...

‘Small's career was marred by his verbal abuse of others on the rugby field, gaining notoriety as being the "bad boy" of the Springbok team. He became the first Springbok to ever be sent off, as a result of dissent towards referee Ed Morison.’

[Post edited 10 Jul 2019 15:19]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

RIP Springbok James Small on 17:05 - Jul 10 with 882 viewssherpajacob

That's quite a few of the 95 RWC winning boks who have died unnaturally early. Never mind what was in the All blacks tea, what was in the boks training diet.

Like many, never liked him as a player, very much the south African Austin Healey. Andy Keast summed him up in the living with lions video. (36:50)

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6fb6y7

However, Winter Colours by Donal McRae is worth a read to give a different perspective on a complex character, and interviews with him in more recent years have revealed a very different man.

Stopped Lomu scoring in 95, albeit with considerable help from Joost vdw and japie mulder.

Condolences to his family and friends, I understand he was a big swans fan.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2019 18:26]

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

RIP Springbok James Small on 18:19 - Jul 10 with 815 viewsdickythorpe

Way too young, but always a question mark on their training. He was very aggressive and you wonder if him and others of his era were ever clean.
RIP Springbok James Small on 20:24 - Jul 10 with 752 viewsPentyrchJack

RIP Springbok James Small on 18:19 - Jul 10 by dickythorpe

Way too young, but always a question mark on their training. He was very aggressive and you wonder if him and others of his era were ever clean.

They certainly were the first rugby nation to "bulk up" very quickly and very effectively. Percy Montgomery comes to mind as an example of a player who beefed up quickly on good old Afrikaans steak.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2019 20:25]

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

RIP Springbok James Small on 20:43 - Jul 10 with 725 viewsdickythorpe

RIP Springbok James Small on 20:24 - Jul 10 by PentyrchJack

They certainly were the first rugby nation to "bulk up" very quickly and very effectively. Percy Montgomery comes to mind as an example of a player who beefed up quickly on good old Afrikaans steak.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2019 20:25]

Eggs was what Percy swore he was on

Injectable egg yolk methinks!!!
RIP Springbok James Small on 22:44 - Jul 10 with 659 viewsPentyrchJack

RIP Springbok James Small on 20:43 - Jul 10 by dickythorpe

Eggs was what Percy swore he was on

Injectable egg yolk methinks!!!

I remember him pushing over the ref in front of the sticks at St Helens

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024