Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ben Wilmot - Watford 18:52 - Jul 24 with 8946 views34dfgdf54

I know it’s been mentioned in transfer thread, but thought the review he’s had by a Watford journalist fella on twitter deserves its own thread. Sounds the ticket!!

<<Will do a piece on Ben Wilmot to Swansea City, but in a tweet i am over the moon with the deal if it goes through. Can play as a DM or CB in the 4-2-3-1 formation Cooper will play. So gifted on the ball, he will suit right into Swansea’s style of play. Premier League quality imo

Absolutely bossed it against Spurs, Newcastle and Reading last season for Watford. Then went on loan to Udinese and faced the likes of Juventus and Lazio. At just 19 years of age, he has some experience under his belt. To miss out on Clarke-Salter and get Wilmot is a HUGE upgrade

Played more as a centre half at Stevenage, more of a central midfielder at Watford & did a bit of both at Udinese with their 3 at the back system. Awith Swansea’s lack of depth at centre half he proves majorly important, but a DM of Wilmot & Grimes would be the best in the league>>
Ben Wilmot - Watford on 19:32 - Jul 24 with 4183 viewsraynor94

Andy Scott recommendation then

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Ben Wilmot - Watford on 19:41 - Jul 24 with 4151 viewsJacket

Ben Wilmot - Watford on 19:32 - Jul 24 by raynor94

Looks like it dunnit. He would have been involved in signing him for Watford.
Ben Wilmot - Watford on 20:02 - Jul 24 with 4066 views34dfgdf54

Ben Wilmot - Watford on 19:32 - Jul 24 by raynor94

Yep, hoping although it’s only now the story has been broken, talks may be at an advanced stage.
Ben Wilmot - Watford on 20:04 - Jul 24 with 4052 viewsNeath_Jack

Ben Wilmot - Watford on 20:02 - Jul 24 by 34dfgdf54

Yep, hoping although it’s only now the story has been broken, talks may be at an advanced stage.

Loan i take it?

Why is the Watford journo going to be over the moon if he comes to us?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Ben Wilmot - Watford on 20:11 - Jul 24 with 4011 viewsblackpooljack

Reading in the Watford Observer I think he has his sights ( even as a loan ) pitched a lot higher than us.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2019 20:53]
Ben Wilmot - Watford on 20:16 - Jul 24 with 3978 views34dfgdf54

Ben Wilmot - Watford on 20:04 - Jul 24 by Neath_Jack

Loan i take it?

Why is the Watford journo going to be over the moon if he comes to us?

He’s only 19 so May thinks chances will be few and far between. There fans think he’s hell of a player too so it’s odd why he’s over the moon I agree.
Ben Wilmot - Watford on 20:18 - Jul 24 with 3966 views34dfgdf54

Ben Wilmot - Watford on 20:11 - Jul 24 by blackpooljack

Reading in the Watford Observer I think he has his sights ( even as a loan ) pitched a lot higher than us.

Thanks for ruining my evening.

Doesn’t surprise me at all though from what I’ve read.
Ben Wilmot - Watford on 20:28 - Jul 24 with 3900 viewsSwanseaman

Ben Wilmot - Watford on 20:11 - Jul 24 by blackpooljack

I can't find anything on the watford observer, have you any links?

I know Alan Nixon has tweeted it about swansea and he's usually right, that doesn't mean ben will decide on us though.

[Post edited 24 Jul 2019 20:30]

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Login to get fewer ads

Ben Wilmot - Watford on 20:29 - Jul 24 with 3888 views34dfgdf54

Wilmot in Swansea now.

Deal done according to Stuart James
Ben Wilmot - Watford on 20:30 - Jul 24 with 3875 viewsSwansea93

2 appearances for Watford, 5 for Udinese, 17 career total appearances? Surely if he's coming in then he's coming to be first team.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Ben Wilmot - Watford on 20:32 - Jul 24 with 3854 viewssg1912

I heard it's going to be a permanent deal, but all the journos seem to think it's a loan.
Ben Wilmot - Watford on 20:38 - Jul 24 with 3812 viewsSwanseaman

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Ben Wilmot - Watford on 20:50 - Jul 24 with 3739 viewsblackpooljack

Ben Wilmot - Watford on 20:28 - Jul 24 by Swanseaman

I can't find anything on the watford observer, have you any links?

I know Alan Nixon has tweeted it about swansea and he's usually right, that doesn't mean ben will decide on us though.

[Post edited 24 Jul 2019 20:30]

Sorry bud complete technophobe when it comes to things like links. I just Googled his name and read the article in said paper
[Post edited 24 Jul 2019 20:51]
Ben Wilmot - Watford on 20:52 - Jul 24 with 3719 views34dfgdf54

Ben Wilmot - Watford on 20:32 - Jul 24 by sg1912

I heard it's going to be a permanent deal, but all the journos seem to think it's a loan.

They’d want more than we could afford.

Will 100% be loan imo.
Ben Wilmot - Watford on 20:57 - Jul 24 with 3668 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ben Wilmot - Watford on 20:52 - Jul 24 by 34dfgdf54

They’d want more than we could afford.

Will 100% be loan imo.

Sounds like a fantastic addition for us either way. Even better if s permanent. F*ck I’m excited about this coming season.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Ben Wilmot - Watford on 21:01 - Jul 24 with 3638 views34dfgdf54

Ben Wilmot - Watford on 20:57 - Jul 24 by Brynmill_Jack

Sounds like a fantastic addition for us either way. Even better if s permanent. F*ck I’m excited about this coming season.

I haven’t been... but the events of last seven days has changed that dramatically
Ben Wilmot - Watford on 21:05 - Jul 24 with 3591 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ben Wilmot - Watford on 21:01 - Jul 24 by 34dfgdf54

I haven’t been... but the events of last seven days has changed that dramatically

We look a good unit this pre season. Who knows it could all go t*ts up, turn out to be plain average or we go up . I’m edging to somewhere between average and going up. Play offs?

Ben Wilmot - Watford on 21:12 - Jul 24 with 3536 views34dfgdf54

Ben Wilmot - Watford on 21:05 - Jul 24 by Brynmill_Jack

We look a good unit this pre season. Who knows it could all go t*ts up, turn out to be plain average or we go up . I’m edging to somewhere between average and going up. Play offs?

Don’t think we’ll have enough over a 46 game season to get top 6 but I suppose Norwich fans may have thought the same this time last year.

Who knows what could happen.
Ben Wilmot - Watford on 21:14 - Jul 24 with 3518 viewsThornburyswan

Ben Wilmot - Watford on 21:05 - Jul 24 by Brynmill_Jack

IF we don't lose any key players (Ayews, Montero & Carrol don't count in that category), we get a decent injury run or lack of & the kids don't buckle when we lose a few then play-offs are a possible but suspect somewhere between 12th - 17th is probably more realistic.
Ben Wilmot - Watford on 21:18 - Jul 24 with 3477 viewsSwanseaman

Ben Wilmot - Watford on 21:14 - Jul 24 by Thornburyswan

IF we don't lose any key players (Ayews, Montero & Carrol don't count in that category), we get a decent injury run or lack of & the kids don't buckle when we lose a few then play-offs are a possible but suspect somewhere between 12th - 17th is probably more realistic.

I suspect if we keep hold of mcburnie, vdh and baston, that we should be near top 6 at least, possibly higher. Cooper is getting them taking more shots at goal, and if we continue to improve on that, and to improve our defence, we should be a better team than last season.

we may notice losing fer and dan james though, will be interesting.

Ben Wilmot - Watford on 21:25 - Jul 24 with 3431 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ben Wilmot - Watford on 21:14 - Jul 24 by Thornburyswan

In my honest opinion our squad underachieved last year and we finished tenth. We seem suddenly stronger so I may have to disagree mate. Potter tinkering cost us points even though in fairness he stabilised us when worst case scenario could have been another relegation. I think Cooper knows his best side and he won’t deviate far from that. Consistency in selection will benefit us for sure.

Ben Wilmot - Watford on 21:28 - Jul 24 with 3399 viewssplJack

Before we all get too excited... Renato Sanchez
Ben Wilmot - Watford on 21:33 - Jul 24 with 3366 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ben Wilmot - Watford on 21:28 - Jul 24 by splJack

Before we all get too excited... Renato Sanchez

Is he back then?

Ben Wilmot - Watford on 21:36 - Jul 24 with 3344 viewssplJack

Hopefully not
Ben Wilmot - Watford on 21:41 - Jul 24 with 3301 viewsLuther27

Ben Wilmot - Watford on 21:25 - Jul 24 by Brynmill_Jack

In my honest opinion our squad underachieved last year and we finished tenth. We seem suddenly stronger so I may have to disagree mate. Potter tinkering cost us points even though in fairness he stabilised us when worst case scenario could have been another relegation. I think Cooper knows his best side and he won’t deviate far from that. Consistency in selection will benefit us for sure.

I agree plus slack finishing cost us last season. If Baston does stay I think he'd be more clinical a finisher than Ollie. However, I think we need both in the team to achieve a top 6 finish.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024