Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Danny Cowley 13:05 - Sep 9 with 1698 viewsraynor94

Lincoln manager, taking over at Huddersfield, big job on his hands

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Danny Cowley on 13:23 - Sep 9 with 1651 viewsjackrmee

He said the other day that he is staying at Lincoln.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Danny Cowley on 13:24 - Sep 9 with 1646 viewsraynor94

Danny Cowley on 13:23 - Sep 9 by jackrmee

He said the other day that he is staying at Lincoln.

I think the £1.2 million a year salary changed his mind

Danny Cowley on 14:07 - Sep 9 with 1563 viewstheloneranger

This was Huddersfield's 4th offer to him yesterday, plus he's taking his brother with him as part of his staff.

Sheffield Wednesday offered him the manager's job before Monk 😁

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Danny Cowley on 14:18 - Sep 9 with 1550 viewsNotLoyal

Fifth in League one, two recent promotions, stay put ffs.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Danny Cowley on 14:37 - Sep 9 with 1527 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Big job can't get any new players in until January.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Danny Cowley on 14:51 - Sep 9 with 1501 viewsjasper_T

Danny Cowley on 14:18 - Sep 9 by NotLoyal

Fifth in League one, two recent promotions, stay put ffs.

They're skint. Not even paying Aaron Lewis, who will be panicking if the man who promised him gametime in return for "helping them out" leaves.
Danny Cowley on 15:14 - Sep 9 with 1437 viewsTimTtam

That's a body blow for Lincoln if it's true. He and his staff took a mid-table Conference team and turned it into a top half League One side (which may achieve promotion) within 4 years.

What is crazy about this is that he turned down the West Brom job before the season started. He could've been a PL manager next season.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Danny Cowley on 15:24 - Sep 9 with 1408 viewsSwanjaxs

Danny Cowley on 14:07 - Sep 9 by theloneranger

This was Huddersfield's 4th offer to him yesterday, plus he's taking his brother with him as part of his staff.

Sheffield Wednesday offered him the manager's job before Monk 😁

Huddersfield v Sheffield Wednesday next Sunday too 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Login to get fewer ads

Danny Cowley on 19:50 - Sep 9 with 1181 viewsmonmouth

Danny Cowley on 15:14 - Sep 9 by TimTtam

That's a body blow for Lincoln if it's true. He and his staff took a mid-table Conference team and turned it into a top half League One side (which may achieve promotion) within 4 years.

What is crazy about this is that he turned down the West Brom job before the season started. He could've been a PL manager next season.

Didn’t that Nathan Jones do similar with Luton? Handling non league and league 1 players on a run of success bears no resemblance to an ex premier league team sliding into obscurity.

I know similar could have been said about Cooper, so he has a chance. Wilder made a great transition too. Big roll of the dice though, for both parties.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Danny Cowley on 07:48 - Sep 10 with 967 viewsTimTtam

Danny Cowley on 19:50 - Sep 9 by monmouth

Didn’t that Nathan Jones do similar with Luton? Handling non league and league 1 players on a run of success bears no resemblance to an ex premier league team sliding into obscurity.

I know similar could have been said about Cooper, so he has a chance. Wilder made a great transition too. Big roll of the dice though, for both parties.

Yep. He was appointed in January 2016 and lead Luton to the League 2 playoffs (they lost 5-6 on aggregate). The next season they finished 2nd and got promoted. And the season after that Luton were clear on top of the League 1 table when he left for Stoke (with the aim to go on a winning run similar to Aston Villa and get promoted). Now Stoke may go down (FFP karma) and Luton may stay up

By the sounds of it, Lincoln got a big payday from Huddersfield. I mean, they do have a 35 million parachute payment, so they mayaswell spend the money. It could put Lincoln in the market to spend big in January and possibly get promoted, and Huddersfield may join Stoke in League 1 next season.

I'd love to see Lincoln, Luton, Wycombe, & Coventry in the Championship.

My name is Matt

Danny Cowley on 08:19 - Sep 10 with 939 viewsraynor94

Danny Cowley on 07:48 - Sep 10 by TimTtam

Yep. He was appointed in January 2016 and lead Luton to the League 2 playoffs (they lost 5-6 on aggregate). The next season they finished 2nd and got promoted. And the season after that Luton were clear on top of the League 1 table when he left for Stoke (with the aim to go on a winning run similar to Aston Villa and get promoted). Now Stoke may go down (FFP karma) and Luton may stay up

By the sounds of it, Lincoln got a big payday from Huddersfield. I mean, they do have a 35 million parachute payment, so they mayaswell spend the money. It could put Lincoln in the market to spend big in January and possibly get promoted, and Huddersfield may join Stoke in League 1 next season.

I'd love to see Lincoln, Luton, Wycombe, & Coventry in the Championship.

The pay out is purportedly £1 million, Cowley's buy out clause, hardly life changing for Lincoln

Danny Cowley on 08:52 - Sep 10 with 914 viewsTimTtam

Danny Cowley on 08:19 - Sep 10 by raynor94

The pay out is purportedly £1 million, Cowley's buy out clause, hardly life changing for Lincoln

For a club on a tight budget who weren't even in the EFL 3 years ago, 1M is very handy. Enough to buy 1 or 2 good players for that division.

My name is Matt

Danny Cowley on 09:10 - Sep 10 with 892 viewsUxbridge

Lincoln didn't half play some brutal football to progress though.

Will be interesting to see how he does. Would require one hell of a turn around job though. Confidence is less than zero there.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Danny Cowley on 09:44 - Sep 10 with 857 viewsTimTtam

I can't understand what has gone wrong for Huddersfield. Yes they struggled mightily in the PL, but they had months to prepare for The Championship, have players who have played at the highest level, and had a 35 million parachute payment.

If Cowley and his brother are as good as I think they are, they should be able to turn things around. Remember this time last season QPR were relegation certainties (including a 7-1 loss), and then they ended up in the top 10 for a week or 2.

My name is Matt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024