Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lilly Allen 06:36 - Sep 13 with 1272 viewsdickythorpe

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-49682923
Lilly Allen on 09:14 - Sep 13 with 1153 views1983

Another attention seeker worse than Alfie head tapper

Lilly Allen on 10:13 - Sep 13 with 1113 viewsbuilthjack

Why did she go into his bed? Seems odd that she couldn't go to reception to help sort. Just saying.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Lilly Allen on 10:26 - Sep 13 with 1102 viewscontroversial_jack

Lilly Allen on 10:13 - Sep 13 by builthjack

Why did she go into his bed? Seems odd that she couldn't go to reception to help sort. Just saying.

I know what you are trying to say, but you are being diplomatic and don't want to offend some of the snowflakes on here. A sign of the times!
Lilly Allen on 00:29 - Sep 15 with 881 viewsNotLoyal

Attention seeking woman who wrote songs complaining about the length of time she was getting shagged.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Lilly Allen on 08:59 - Sep 15 with 778 viewsexiledclaseboy

I bet she was gagging for it the slag. Etc.

Poll: Tory leader

Lilly Allen on 09:32 - Sep 15 with 712 viewsCatullus

She waited 2 years to say anything and she never told the police. I know a lot of sexual assaults don't get reported, victims feel shame, embarrasment and worry that they can't provide evidence so say nothing. She still hasn't been to the police though, does she expect her record company to name the person and sack him when there is no evidence apart from her word.
I'm not accusing her of lying but what evidence can she provide, 2 years on, apart from her accusation which he will no doubt vehemently deny. If many people in the industry know this person is behaving like this, why haven't they "Weinsteined" him?
On the other hand, if she does have evidence go to the police and get the b'stard prosecuted.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Lilly Allen on 09:48 - Sep 15 with 695 viewsexiledclaseboy

Lilly Allen on 09:32 - Sep 15 by Catullus

She waited 2 years to say anything and she never told the police. I know a lot of sexual assaults don't get reported, victims feel shame, embarrasment and worry that they can't provide evidence so say nothing. She still hasn't been to the police though, does she expect her record company to name the person and sack him when there is no evidence apart from her word.
I'm not accusing her of lying but what evidence can she provide, 2 years on, apart from her accusation which he will no doubt vehemently deny. If many people in the industry know this person is behaving like this, why haven't they "Weinsteined" him?
On the other hand, if she does have evidence go to the police and get the b'stard prosecuted.

You say that “( you) know a lot of sexual assaults don’t get reported” and then go on to prove exactly why a lot of sexual assaults don’t get reported and even fewer get convictions.

Lilly Allen on 09:49 - Sep 15 with 688 viewsperchrockjack

Stats eh.

We live by them.

Police live and die by them

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Login to get fewer ads

Lilly Allen on 09:51 - Sep 15 with 686 viewsbluey_the_blue

Lilly Allen on 09:48 - Sep 15 by exiledclaseboy

You say that “( you) know a lot of sexual assaults don’t get reported” and then go on to prove exactly why a lot of sexual assaults don’t get reported and even fewer get convictions.

What's the answer though?

The presumption always has to be innocent until proven guilty. In a lot of these cases, it boils down to he said/she said. Presuming "woman telling truth" automatically, prejudicing investigations is every bit as bad as presuming "man telling truth" automatically, prejudicing investigations.

I genuinely don't know how that problem can ever be solved.
Lilly Allen on 09:53 - Sep 15 with 677 viewsexiledclaseboy

Lilly Allen on 09:51 - Sep 15 by bluey_the_blue

What's the answer though?

The presumption always has to be innocent until proven guilty. In a lot of these cases, it boils down to he said/she said. Presuming "woman telling truth" automatically, prejudicing investigations is every bit as bad as presuming "man telling truth" automatically, prejudicing investigations.

I genuinely don't know how that problem can ever be solved.

It’s not about presuming either party is telling the truth, more about not presuming one party is automatically making things up, as happens most of the time on here.

Lilly Allen on 09:55 - Sep 15 with 671 viewsperchrockjack

And people have to understand how easy it is to make a false allegation which will be hard to shake off.

Police were very sceptical about sexual assaults and with good reason. That said,women are raped regularly at home by husbands .

It really is a minefield.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Lilly Allen on 10:12 - Sep 15 with 640 viewsbluey_the_blue

Lilly Allen on 09:53 - Sep 15 by exiledclaseboy

It’s not about presuming either party is telling the truth, more about not presuming one party is automatically making things up, as happens most of the time on here.

On here, which isn't the legal process.

From a legal perspective, then what is the answer? Evidence is required to secure a conviction in a trial, some semblance of evidence to even get to trial.
Lilly Allen on 10:22 - Sep 15 with 629 viewsCatullus

Lilly Allen on 09:48 - Sep 15 by exiledclaseboy

The point being that waiting 2 years to report it, and even then not going to the police but putting it in the media will hardly engender sympathy. The first time she mentioned it publicly was in her book.
If she wants this man punished and has proof then call the police. Otherwise ( and as has already happened on here) people will call her an attention seeker.

On the basis that she's telling thr truth and there are many other victims, lets hope they come forward. You have to admit though, ECB, her industry will look to protect itself first and any other victims may well put their careers before anything else. Which could leave Ms Allen hung out to dry, so to speak. I'm fairly sure if any industry power mongers know of any victims of this predator, they will already have had "words in ears" or am I too cyncial?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Lilly Allen on 11:01 - Sep 15 with 598 viewsexiledclaseboy

Lilly Allen on 10:12 - Sep 15 by bluey_the_blue

On here, which isn't the legal process.

From a legal perspective, then what is the answer? Evidence is required to secure a conviction in a trial, some semblance of evidence to even get to trial.

I’d posit that the legal process mirrors the mindset on here, hence the shockingly low levels of reporting and conviction.

Lilly Allen on 11:10 - Sep 15 with 577 viewsHighjack

Lilly Allen on 11:01 - Sep 15 by exiledclaseboy

I’d posit that the legal process mirrors the mindset on here, hence the shockingly low levels of reporting and conviction.

It is a very difficult thing to prove beyond reasonable doubt. If she says he was naked and slapped her bum and he says no I wasn’t and no I didn’t how do you as a jury member make a decision based on that?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Lilly Allen on 11:16 - Sep 15 with 573 viewsbluey_the_blue

Lilly Allen on 11:01 - Sep 15 by exiledclaseboy

Ok, but what *should* the legal process be?

There's a duty of care to both parties, alleged victim and alleged offender. Where someone is, for example, dragged down an alley and raped, there's clear physical evidence.

Where there isn't that evidence, where an allegation is made and it's one persons word against another without clear evidence, what should be done about that? I don't think you can address that situation by favouring or weighting one persons word over anothers without corroborating evidence because you're then driving coach and horses through the basic tent of the law. A defendent has to be allowed to present a defence.

I get there are low levels of conviction but what I don't agree with is any drive to engineer law to drive convictions up or indeed down. Each case has to be judged on the merits of evidence provided or might as well just have lynch mob "justice".
Lilly Allen on 11:35 - Sep 15 with 550 viewscontroversial_jack

Accusations shouldn't be made unless there is direct evidence - which I admit is difficult to get, just like any other crime. The CPS won't prosecute on hearsay alone.
Lilly Allen on 11:55 - Sep 15 with 523 viewsexiledclaseboy

Lilly Allen on 11:10 - Sep 15 by Highjack

It is a very difficult thing to prove beyond reasonable doubt. If she says he was naked and slapped her bum and he says no I wasn’t and no I didn’t how do you as a jury member make a decision based on that?

Juries make decisions on one person’s word against another’s literally every day.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024