Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
24hrs on 15:31 - Sep 15 with 1580 viewsdickythorpe

Against Hull in our opening game Nathan Dyer was like a blue arsed fly.
It all seemed anything we were going to create was going to be from him.
6 weeks on Wayne Routledge yesterday was on one wing and on the other it looked like Bidwell!!

Now whilst I am delighted by the way we started the season I thought we had a change in tactics where Celina was going to be the assist merchant for Baston.

Some passes were over hit.

It was like everything we tried just didn't come off...in some ways it's good to get a game like that out of the way as you probably can't make the same mistakes in the next match.

I like our work ethic and can't fault effort and am impressed with Cooper ( yeah I know I was up in the air in the summer)

I think we've got not just a decent team, but a decent squad.

There are plenty of options which this early in the season has to be a plus.
It means we aren't over reliant on one individual as we have been in recent seasons.

Woodman is a very good 'keeper by the way.

Anyway I digress, we needed to create more down the left in the first half, Bidwell was given too much to do.

Anyway it is all about the next game and how we respond, and under Cooper I have more belief that he and his team will work hard on mistakes and improve more than I did this time last year.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2019 15:33]
24hrs on on 15:40 - Sep 15 with 1542 viewsmonmouth

Woodman nearly saved our ass yesterday with a couple of excellent stops. He’s promising.

It just didn’t work yesterday. It might just be that we were out thought and out played by a superior side. Forest’s movement was in another league to ours and so was the speed of their passing.

I expect us to learn and adapt. Actually the scum will be a good test if we have, because they will try and smother us and break with exactly the same tactics. At least we can put to bed this shit about Ayew being the best player in the division now. Forest had at least four better players than him.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

24hrs on on 16:17 - Sep 15 with 1445 viewsjasper_T

24hrs on on 15:40 - Sep 15 by monmouth

Woodman nearly saved our ass yesterday with a couple of excellent stops. He’s promising.

It just didn’t work yesterday. It might just be that we were out thought and out played by a superior side. Forest’s movement was in another league to ours and so was the speed of their passing.

I expect us to learn and adapt. Actually the scum will be a good test if we have, because they will try and smother us and break with exactly the same tactics. At least we can put to bed this shit about Ayew being the best player in the division now. Forest had at least four better players than him.

The concern is that it hasn't worked quite often this season. Derby should have buried us. Leeds could have. For all the possession we enjoyed it took a change to break down Birmingham's straightforward resistance. QPR and Preston on another day would have beaten us, Garrick winning the pen changed the former which was only going one way since 5 minutes before half time. Northampton we were shocking until the subs.

Hopefully we learn more from the defeat than the lucky victories. We're near the foot of the xG table for good reason; we don't create enough opportunities for our lethal forwards, and give up too many in return. Most of our possession is between our back four with few routes available to play through the lines.
24hrs on on 19:10 - Sep 15 with 1258 viewsmonmouth

24hrs on on 16:17 - Sep 15 by jasper_T

The concern is that it hasn't worked quite often this season. Derby should have buried us. Leeds could have. For all the possession we enjoyed it took a change to break down Birmingham's straightforward resistance. QPR and Preston on another day would have beaten us, Garrick winning the pen changed the former which was only going one way since 5 minutes before half time. Northampton we were shocking until the subs.

Hopefully we learn more from the defeat than the lucky victories. We're near the foot of the xG table for good reason; we don't create enough opportunities for our lethal forwards, and give up too many in return. Most of our possession is between our back four with few routes available to play through the lines.

Well that's brought some cheer to my downbeat sunday night. Thanks Jasp.

24hrs on on 19:20 - Sep 15 with 1224 viewsexiledclaseboy

24hrs on on 19:10 - Sep 15 by monmouth

Well that's brought some cheer to my downbeat sunday night. Thanks Jasp.

It’s nonsense though isn’t it. The gist is that we’ve been crap all season and only went unbeaten for six games through luck. Utter bollocks.

Poll: Tory leader

24hrs on on 19:25 - Sep 15 with 1215 viewsNeath_Jack

24hrs on on 19:20 - Sep 15 by exiledclaseboy

It’s nonsense though isn’t it. The gist is that we’ve been crap all season and only went unbeaten for six games through luck. Utter bollocks.

His nerd.com stats information, says you are very wrong

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

24hrs on on 19:33 - Sep 15 with 1191 viewsGaryjack

I'd have loved him to have been around in 2000, when we won the title scoring 46 goals in 46 games! He'd have been a little ray of sunshine!
24hrs on on 19:35 - Sep 15 with 1182 viewsMrSwerve

The fickleness on here since the defeat yesterday has been amazing.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

24hrs on on 19:37 - Sep 15 with 1161 viewsGaryjack

24hrs on on 19:35 - Sep 15 by MrSwerve

The fickleness on here since the defeat yesterday has been amazing.

Well i did predict it would happen midweek!
Login to get fewer ads

24hrs on on 19:41 - Sep 15 with 1150 viewsmonmouth

I didn't really evaluate it, I just reached straight for the irony.

24hrs on on 20:02 - Sep 15 with 1095 views34dfgdf54

F*ck sake I didn’t realise the “Xg Table” was relevant.
24hrs on on 20:06 - Sep 15 with 1084 viewsexiledclaseboy

24hrs on on 20:02 - Sep 15 by 34dfgdf54

F*ck sake I didn’t realise the “Xg Table” was relevant.

I don’t even know what that is.

24hrs on on 20:16 - Sep 15 with 1052 viewsGaryjack

It's not 'Xg' it's the 'xG' table mun. Get with the programme you guys!
24hrs on on 20:25 - Sep 15 with 1016 viewsexiledclaseboy

I just googled it and found this. It didn’t help.

“Expected goals (xG) is the new revolutionary football metric, which allows you to evaluate team and player performance.

In a low-scoring game such as football, final match score does not provide a clear picture of performance.

This is why more and more sports analytics turn to the advanced models like xG, which is a statistical measure of the quality of chances created and conceded.

Our goal was to create the most precise method for shot quality evaluation.

For this case, we trained neural network prediction algorithms with the large dataset (>100,000 shots, over 10 parameters for each).

On this site, you will find our detailed xG statistics for the top European leagues.”

24hrs on on 20:32 - Sep 15 with 1000 viewsMrSwerve

24hrs on on 20:25 - Sep 15 by exiledclaseboy

“Expected goals (xG) is the new revolutionary football metric, which allows you to evaluate team and player performance.

In a low-scoring game such as football, final match score does not provide a clear picture of performance.

This is why more and more sports analytics turn to the advanced models like xG, which is a statistical measure of the quality of chances created and conceded.

For this case, we trained neural network prediction algorithms with the large dataset (>100,000 shots, over 10 parameters for each).

On this site, you will find our detailed xG statistics for the top European leagues.”

There was a thread about it last week on here. It’s a load of bollocks.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

24hrs on on 20:38 - Sep 15 with 977 viewsGaryjack

So you didn't get it then! Let me explain. It's a site where Jasper and Dwight go to statistically prove that we should lose every game, and if we don't then we are extremely fvckin lucky, but they do not reveal their findings until we do actually lose a game. Hope this helps. Stop over thinking things.
24hrs on on 21:24 - Sep 15 with 895 viewsJacket

Innit! If this stats shite were a 100% accurate, we may as well play Fifa or whatever on the bloody X-box.
24hrs on on 09:51 - Sep 16 with 645 views34dfgdf54

24hrs on on 20:38 - Sep 15 by Garyjack

So you didn't get it then! Let me explain. It's a site where Jasper and Dwight go to statistically prove that we should lose every game, and if we don't then we are extremely fvckin lucky, but they do not reveal their findings until we do actually lose a game. Hope this helps. Stop over thinking things.

Cheers.

Cooper Out.
24hrs on on 10:56 - Sep 16 with 597 viewsJacket

Stats can show underlying patterns and certainly have a place in the modern game, but they'll never tell you everything. For example, we were sill beating many teams on passes completed and pass accuracy under Monk, but we were as far from the Swansea way as we could be. There are key game winning, and game losing factors that the stats will never pick up on.
24hrs on on 12:49 - Sep 16 with 510 viewsJacket

Is it time yet to remind people that our average for 2010/11 was 15,500 or would doing that be boring?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024