Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dany Cotton 18:46 - Oct 30 with 1073 viewsdickythorpe

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50230188

Should she stay or go?
Dany Cotton on 18:52 - Oct 30 with 1048 viewsraynor94

Untenable

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Dany Cotton on 19:04 - Oct 30 with 1037 viewsdickythorpe

Dany Cotton on 18:52 - Oct 30 by raynor94

Untenable

Interesting, what brings you to that decision?
Dany Cotton on 19:05 - Oct 30 with 1032 viewstheloneranger

Lions led by donkeys !!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Dany Cotton on 19:22 - Oct 30 with 1003 viewsraynor94

Dany Cotton on 19:04 - Oct 30 by dickythorpe

Interesting, what brings you to that decision?

Well after the report said some of the 72 could well have been saved, if they had abandoned the stay put policy far earlier. Heads have to roll at the top

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Dany Cotton on 19:33 - Oct 30 with 986 viewsNeath_Jack

Stay.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Dany Cotton on 19:57 - Oct 30 with 958 viewsdickythorpe

Dany Cotton on 19:22 - Oct 30 by raynor94

Well after the report said some of the 72 could well have been saved, if they had abandoned the stay put policy far earlier. Heads have to roll at the top

Thank you for your answer. I'm just trying to make sense of it all.
No agenda.
Dany Cotton on 19:58 - Oct 30 with 954 viewsNotLoyal

Dany Cotton on 19:57 - Oct 30 by dickythorpe

Thank you for your answer. I'm just trying to make sense of it all.
No agenda.

Whoever agreed that policy should maybe answer a few questions?

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Dany Cotton on 20:34 - Oct 30 with 909 viewswaynekerr55

Stay and fight the cheeky fùckers.

Did the LFB:

Put flammable cladding on the building?
Sign off the cladding works?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Login to get fewer ads

Dany Cotton on 21:34 - Oct 30 with 858 viewsmajorraglan

The is a terrible tragedy, 72 innocent people lost their lives, may they RIP.

There were lots of accusations and concerns raised in some quarters about the public enquiry before it started. I don’t ever recall a fire of this nature taking place in any part of the UK or world, so it could have been very much a case of new territory for the LFB. Long standing advice which you’d expect to keep people safe is rendered ineffective due to the fact the fire was on the outside, do the LFB have the kit to fight fires of that scale at the height? That building was covered in flammable material and was a death trap. If it happened in Swansea (and there are still hundreds of buildings covered in this stuff) would the local brigade have the kit to deal with a fire at the big tower in the Marina?

It’s easy to point the finger with hind sight, but I am pretty sure the fire fighters on the ground would have done their very best to save lives. In terms of Dany Cotton, don’t know a great deal about her and she may be a very good Chief, but I don’t think her comments about the Shuttle and Shard and about not changing things have helped. If she felt their response on the night was having regard to all the facts that were known at the time appropriate then say so but there could still be lessons to be learned and she should be big enough to acknowledge that. It may though be a case of pushing back if she feels the LBF have been hung out to dry.

There is going to be a second enquiry in the New Year which I understand will focus on the management of the block etc by Westminster City Council and their housing subsidiaries, that may prove to be politically explosive.

She could have done better, but I am not convinced she should be sacked. I would like to see her play a straight bat and tell it as it is as opposed to having some ambitious yes man who’s too afraid to speak the truth take over.
Dany Cotton on 21:39 - Oct 30 with 849 viewsFireboy2

Dany Cotton on 19:58 - Oct 30 by NotLoyal

Whoever agreed that policy should maybe answer a few questions?

Its a policy that has served high rise fires for so long, the cladding was the main problem as we all know, what p!sses me off is they are dragging the fire service through the coals when surely the cladding report should have been done first.

Yes the fire service made a mistake by not abandoning the stay put policy earlier but this investigation smacks of passing the buck.
Dany Cotton on 21:58 - Oct 30 with 817 viewsHighjack

Dany Cotton on 21:39 - Oct 30 by Fireboy2

Its a policy that has served high rise fires for so long, the cladding was the main problem as we all know, what p!sses me off is they are dragging the fire service through the coals when surely the cladding report should have been done first.

Yes the fire service made a mistake by not abandoning the stay put policy earlier but this investigation smacks of passing the buck.

It’s difficult to just abandon policy and established procedures. If they hadn’t followed the policies that had been put in place and people died then they’d be getting pelters for breaking policy. If the policy was inadequate but they followed it to the letter it is clearly the policy makers fault.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Dany Cotton on 07:19 - Oct 31 with 733 viewsFireboy2

Dany Cotton on 21:58 - Oct 30 by Highjack

It’s difficult to just abandon policy and established procedures. If they hadn’t followed the policies that had been put in place and people died then they’d be getting pelters for breaking policy. If the policy was inadequate but they followed it to the letter it is clearly the policy makers fault.

I am a firefighter HJ, so i have a good idea on how it works, the LFB go to quite a few high rise fires that dont get reported because there were no deaths or casualties and thats because the cladding on most high rises are fire retardant.

I have had loads of conversations with fellow firefighters and especially bosses and we think that the stay put policy should have been abandoned a long time before it did but in hindsight we would do alot of things different and i totally feel for the LFB especially the firefighters who imo went over and above the call of duty.

As ive said previously i cannot believe that the investigation has started with the spotlight being put on the LFB when surely the investigation should start with the accelerant, this doesnt surprise me one bit as its how the government rolls.
Dany Cotton on 07:53 - Oct 31 with 716 viewsswancity

Stay. Definately.

The scale of this fire was unprecedented. Then factor in the building construction. They acted in a professional, brave and quick manner, taking all factors into consideration. Certainly the LFB would not have faced anything like this previously as no training can prepare you for a fire of this magnitude.

I hope she stats. Leave her alone. She made one unfortunate comment about " not doing anything differently " and has apologised for that. She's retiring in six months anyway but is making sure that they change therir evacuation policy and process.

An awful tragedy. For the firefighters too.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Dany Cotton on 08:24 - Oct 31 with 686 viewsepaul

Utter disgrace firefighters have been blamed for Grenfell, lets start with, that c*nt Johnson, 13 stations closed, 18 engines taken away and 520 jobs lost in his tenure as Mayor........

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Dany Cotton on 08:43 - Oct 31 with 669 viewsFireboy2

Dany Cotton on 08:24 - Oct 31 by epaul

Utter disgrace firefighters have been blamed for Grenfell, lets start with, that c*nt Johnson, 13 stations closed, 18 engines taken away and 520 jobs lost in his tenure as Mayor........

Thats right Paul and it isnt just london where the cuts have occurred.

Ita ok though Boris is going to put 20k bobbies on the streets.

Oh wait a minute, thats to replace more than 20k that will be leaving
Dany Cotton on 09:33 - Oct 31 with 612 viewsJackSomething

I don't pretend to be an expert in this area by any measure, but my initial reaction is that Cotton and the LFB in general are convenient scapegoats and survivors are understandably falling for it as they want someone to blame for the tragic loss of their loved ones.

As someone else pointed out, how is this being investigated before the local authority and the construction of the building? Being cynical, I guess the LFB have less friends in high places than the other parties...

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Dany Cotton on 09:42 - Oct 31 with 606 viewsUxbridge

Doesn't the phase 1 report conclude that the primary causes of the disaster were due to the management of the building - i.e. cladding, lack of fire doors, no compartmentalisation of the building etc. Any guidance from the fire service has to rely on standards being maintained doesn't it, especially of a council property which I believe this was?

Having read the FSB's response, they make the salient point that they simply didn't have the resources to action some of the things that have been talked about, such as an evacuation. That's the reason why the Telegraph have gone with this angle, and we all know why.

As ever with such things, there are lessons to be learned on all sides. For the FSB to be singled out or be the ones carrying the can on this is clearly utterly wrong though. They were not the primary cause and their responses were hamstrung by other Govt organisations. Not to say they did everything right though, and there will be consequences of that, but this focus is plain wrong.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Dany Cotton on 19:10 - Oct 31 with 472 viewsmajorraglan

Dany Cotton on 08:24 - Oct 31 by epaul

The Police Federation had a saying, “Cuts have consequences” and when it comes to things like the Fire Service, the consequences could be people losing their lives.

Some serious questions need to be answered about how this dangerous product ended up on the outside of the flats with devastating consequences, that wasn’t an LFB issue.
Dany Cotton on 19:24 - Oct 31 with 462 viewsjackharris

No way can they fault the firefighters. Whoever sanctioned that flammable cladding is to blame. Yes in hindsight they would now evacuate sooner. What is criminal is if any of that flammable cladding is still on any tower blocks?

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024