Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wigan ------ I bet you a pound to a penny 17:43 - Oct 28 with 3187 viewsbazzool

After Sunday and beating Cardiff which I fully think we deserved to win by the way by more than 1 maybe 2, I bet you a pound to a penny cooper won't start routs or dyer , it's as if as soon as something is going good, someone tells the manager wow we need to change as it's going to good , I don't understand , maybe it's me but that's my take on it , I just hope he keeps that formation and keeps that selection as it was clear to see there was chances and creativeness
Wigan ------ I bet you a pound to a penny on 17:50 - Oct 28 with 3157 viewsPrivate_Partz

Peterson needs to be given regular chances as well.
Nathan has not played much and looked knackered on about 60 to 70 mins.
Routs is not getting any younger either but amazingly looked as fresh as a daisy at the end.
We need to keep using wide players but need to rotate. Using both Ayew and Celina if necessary when the injuries kick in.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Wigan ------ I bet you a pound to a penny on 18:12 - Oct 28 with 3085 viewssioni

Both Dyer and Routs reminded us how talented they used to be at their younger best and can still be at this age. I think the fans’ constant and noisy enthusiasm at the game inspired the whole team and gave extra legs and lung capacity to these two. They obviously need to be used more often but selectively.
Wigan ------ I bet you a pound to a penny on 18:38 - Oct 28 with 3024 viewsWhiterockin

Wigan ------ I bet you a pound to a penny on 18:12 - Oct 28 by sioni

Both Dyer and Routs reminded us how talented they used to be at their younger best and can still be at this age. I think the fans’ constant and noisy enthusiasm at the game inspired the whole team and gave extra legs and lung capacity to these two. They obviously need to be used more often but selectively.

I must be the only one who thought Dyer was average on Sunday.
Wigan ------ I bet you a pound to a penny on 18:40 - Oct 28 with 3022 viewsmonmouth

Wigan ------ I bet you a pound to a penny on 18:12 - Oct 28 by sioni

Away, the narrow formation has worked ok really, or I think Cooper will see it that way. For him, it was just solving the home conundrum, and he went a long way up that alley yesterday. That would give Dyer and Routs a bit of a rest every other week too, maybe used as subs away..

Personally I'd like width and intent every week, as I think we'd have 6 to 10 more points now, despite not looking the real deal.

On that point, I was musing yesterday on our promotion season, and how both Welsh teams were way ahead of today's counterparts.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Wigan ------ I bet you a pound to a penny on 19:04 - Oct 28 with 2950 viewslonglostjack

Wigan are decent at home but they’re away record is appalling. They are just starting to click though and were unlucky not to get three points at the tractors. It’s going to be a tough game and I’d take a point tbh.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Wigan ------ I bet you a pound to a penny on 19:07 - Oct 28 with 2940 viewskarnataka

Wigan ------ I bet you a pound to a penny on 18:38 - Oct 28 by Whiterockin

You're the only one I'm aware of.
Wigan ------ I bet you a pound to a penny on 19:12 - Oct 28 with 2919 viewsOldjack

His little legs are not what they used to that's for sure but he was a nasty thorn in their side most of the game ,that'll do for me and him and Routts should play a part this Sat and in future games, their combined experience is so so valuable to the young guns we have

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Wigan ------ I bet you a pound to a penny on 19:58 - Oct 28 with 2820 viewsNotLoyal

Very average, but still terrorised them.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Login to get fewer ads

Wigan ------ I bet you a pound to a penny on 21:16 - Oct 28 with 2685 viewsBadlands

The bonus of Rutledge and Dyer is they both defend when needed, both start work for the midfield, both are vastly experienced at. higher level.
McKay, Kalulu, Peterson and Garrick all wait further upfield.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Wigan ------ I bet you a pound to a penny on 21:27 - Oct 28 with 2657 viewsLeonWasGod

Just by being wide, available and busy he was an improvement. He’s not going to beat many in one-on-ones now, but his understanding of how we play was clear to see. Given he had Naughton behind him he did well. And he leapt like a salmon several times. It’s hard to criticise his performance imo.
Wigan ------ I bet you a pound to a penny on 07:27 - Oct 29 with 2451 viewsTimTtam

Given their ages, Dyer and Routs won't be able to start every game. I'd play them as often as possible for home games, but when we're away we can play the likes of Peterson and Kalulu when fit.

That said, if they both aren't spent, I'd start the same team as Sunday for Wigan. We need to create some new momentum given that teams around us and slipping up. An away win on the back of stopping our bad home form would do the trick.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Wigan ------ I bet you a pound to a penny on 08:19 - Oct 29 with 2383 viewsbazzool

Wigan ------ I bet you a pound to a penny on 07:27 - Oct 29 by TimTtam

Given their ages, Dyer and Routs won't be able to start every game. I'd play them as often as possible for home games, but when we're away we can play the likes of Peterson and Kalulu when fit.

That said, if they both aren't spent, I'd start the same team as Sunday for Wigan. We need to create some new momentum given that teams around us and slipping up. An away win on the back of stopping our bad home form would do the trick.

Indeed it would, I just hope whatever team is picked they are up for it 100%
Wigan ------ I bet you a pound to a penny on 14:05 - Oct 29 with 2190 viewsTenbySwan

One thing on Sunday especially with Routledge and Dyer, (and Ayew) was that they were prepared to dribble at defenders and put pressure on them. In recent weeks at home we have been far too cautious always looking to pass back often ending up back to Freddy from the opposition half. Thereby losing the games.
Wigan ------ I bet you a pound to a penny on 17:13 - Oct 29 with 2071 viewsTimTtam

Wigan ------ I bet you a pound to a penny on 14:05 - Oct 29 by TenbySwan

One thing on Sunday especially with Routledge and Dyer, (and Ayew) was that they were prepared to dribble at defenders and put pressure on them. In recent weeks at home we have been far too cautious always looking to pass back often ending up back to Freddy from the opposition half. Thereby losing the games.

Good point. I only notices us pass back to Woodman so that he could hoof it blindly under pressure twice in the entire match. It happened at least 8 times against Stoke.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Wigan ------ I bet you a pound to a penny on 18:40 - Oct 29 with 2002 viewsFireboy2

Wigan ------ I bet you a pound to a penny on 17:13 - Oct 29 by TimTtam

Good point. I only notices us pass back to Woodman so that he could hoof it blindly under pressure twice in the entire match. It happened at least 8 times against Stoke.

The only difference was we battled harder for the second ball in the scumdiff game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024