Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ski -ing equipment trousers jackets etc 20:47 - Nov 24 with 2085 viewsswancity

To hire the stuff

Anywhere locally ?

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Ski -ing equipment trousers jackets etc on 20:58 - Nov 24 with 1671 viewsAndy1300

Buy it in TK Maxx and sell it on return

Number 1 team in Wales

Ski -ing equipment trousers jackets etc on 21:18 - Nov 24 with 1649 viewsmajorraglan

Another option is to have a look on eBay, try to find a genuine personal seller who is looking to offload gear after 1 trip, you could get a bargain and could sell it on when you come back.
Ski -ing equipment trousers jackets etc on 21:19 - Nov 24 with 1646 viewsbuilthjack

There was loads in Aldi. Good quality and cheap. But probably gone now.
Sports Direct did have loads.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Ski -ing equipment trousers jackets etc on 22:12 - Nov 24 with 1625 viewsswancity

Ski -ing equipment trousers jackets etc on 21:19 - Nov 24 by builthjack

There was loads in Aldi. Good quality and cheap. But probably gone now.
Sports Direct did have loads.

Advice appreciated all
Just ordered on line via Aldi thanks and only £18
Who would have thought Aldi for ski stuff

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Ski -ing equipment trousers jackets etc on 22:37 - Nov 24 with 1593 viewsBrynCartwright

Ski -ing equipment trousers jackets etc on 22:12 - Nov 24 by swancity

Advice appreciated all
Just ordered on line via Aldi thanks and only £18
Who would have thought Aldi for ski stuff

Used to be C&A in Swansea for all that gear when I was a kid.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Ski -ing equipment trousers jackets etc on 22:51 - Nov 24 with 1584 viewsHighjack

Don’t worry so much about the salopettes, but definitely invest in a good ski jacket. You can wear it to the football and be nice and snug, you won’t regret it.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Ski -ing equipment trousers jackets etc on 23:53 - Nov 24 with 1558 viewsjackmorsel

Decathlon all the way, top quality stuff at very reasonable prices, you'll get the lot for not a lot of cash. They sell eveything as well and a good returns policy. Shame there isn't a store in Wales, closest one is Reading, have been a couple of times, worth the drive.

Also Costco in Cardiff worth a look, you can get cheap gear in there this time of year.

Seriously worth getting your own gear for skiing/boarding, it last years, even if you think you won't go again.
Ski -ing equipment trousers jackets etc on 08:54 - Nov 25 with 1504 viewsPegojack

Ski -ing equipment trousers jackets etc on 22:51 - Nov 24 by Highjack

Don’t worry so much about the salopettes, but definitely invest in a good ski jacket. You can wear it to the football and be nice and snug, you won’t regret it.

Your post might suggest what you wear on your bottom half doesn't matter, but it certainly does, specially if you're a beginner who is going to be falling over a lot in the snow. Don't be tempted to wear jeans or any other cotton based trousers, get some proper water resistant ski pants. They needn't be expensive. You'll end up cold, wet and uncomfortable otherwise!
Login to get fewer ads

Ski -ing equipment trousers jackets etc on 10:11 - Nov 25 with 1465 viewssherpajacob

Ski -ing equipment trousers jackets etc on 22:51 - Nov 24 by Highjack

Good waterproof ski trousers or salopettes are essential imho. Particularly for someone new to skiing who may spend some time on their arse.

Good jacket is important depending on where you go, I went to Slovenia in February, first time skiing for 10 years and it was warm enough to ski without a jacket. I would still definitely take a good jacket though.

As mentioned Aldi stuff is pretty decent quality.

Don't underestimate the value of a,good pair of ski socks.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Ski -ing equipment trousers jackets etc on 10:14 - Nov 25 with 1461 viewssherpajacob

Ski -ing equipment trousers jackets etc on 22:37 - Nov 24 by BrynCartwright

My wife used to get her knickers there.

Better than getting them from Next.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Ski -ing equipment trousers jackets etc on 12:23 - Nov 25 with 1424 viewsHighjack

Ski -ing equipment trousers jackets etc on 08:54 - Nov 25 by Pegojack

Your post might suggest what you wear on your bottom half doesn't matter, but it certainly does, specially if you're a beginner who is going to be falling over a lot in the snow. Don't be tempted to wear jeans or any other cotton based trousers, get some proper water resistant ski pants. They needn't be expensive. You'll end up cold, wet and uncomfortable otherwise!

Yes what I meant was it’s best to hire the salopettes because you’ll only need them a few days, but a good ski jacket you can wear at home and never be cold again.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Ski -ing equipment trousers jackets etc on 20:24 - Nov 25 with 1358 viewsNotLoyal

Why do people go skiing ?

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Ski -ing equipment trousers jackets etc on 20:36 - Nov 25 with 1350 viewsbuilthjack

Ski -ing equipment trousers jackets etc on 10:14 - Nov 25 by sherpajacob

My wife used to get her knickers there.

Better than getting them from Next.

What's her name? I did a bird from your way years ago, she had personalised knickers. Her name was Canda. She had it on every piece of underwear. Posh bird.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Ski -ing equipment trousers jackets etc on 20:40 - Nov 25 with 1347 viewsHighjack

Ski -ing equipment trousers jackets etc on 20:24 - Nov 25 by NotLoyal

The views, the beauty, the bars. But mainly because it’s rather exhilarating to throw yourself off the side of the mountain. They should ban the snowboarders though, annoying little tw*ts.

Ski -ing equipment trousers jackets etc on 20:42 - Nov 25 with 1345 viewsHighjack

Ski -ing equipment trousers jackets etc on 10:11 - Nov 25 by sherpajacob

Good waterproof ski trousers or salopettes are essential imho. Particularly for someone new to skiing who may spend some time on their arse.

Good jacket is important depending on where you go, I went to Slovenia in February, first time skiing for 10 years and it was warm enough to ski without a jacket. I would still definitely take a good jacket though.

As mentioned Aldi stuff is pretty decent quality.

Don't underestimate the value of a,good pair of ski socks.

First time I went skiing I got a far better tan than I’ve ever had going to the Med in the summer. Got crippling sun burn on Christmas Eve though.

Ski -ing equipment trousers jackets etc on 21:04 - Nov 25 with 1321 viewsLuther27

Ski -ing equipment trousers jackets etc on 20:40 - Nov 25 by Highjack

The views, the beauty, the bars. But mainly because it’s rather exhilarating to throw yourself off the side of the mountain. They should ban the snowboarders though, annoying little tw*ts.

Having seen a party of six skiers wiped out by a gay on a tray....no offence meant... I agree they should be banned. It was nice seeing the helicopter take him off the slopes though.
Ski -ing equipment trousers jackets etc on 21:34 - Nov 25 with 1286 viewslonglostjack

Ski -ing equipment trousers jackets etc on 20:42 - Nov 25 by Highjack

First time I went skiing I got a far better tan than I’ve ever had going to the Med in the summer. Got crippling sun burn on Christmas Eve though.

And that was just Pontypool ......

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Ski -ing equipment trousers jackets etc on 22:11 - Nov 25 with 1269 viewsjack2jack

Ski -ing equipment trousers jackets etc on 22:37 - Nov 24 by BrynCartwright

We were in Zurich a few years back and come across one of their stores there.
I believe they are still trading in Europe and have an online store.
I've still got one of their jumpers in a cupboard somewhere😂
Ski -ing equipment trousers jackets etc on 22:34 - Nov 25 with 1255 viewsbuilthjack

Ski -ing equipment trousers jackets etc on 20:24 - Nov 25 by NotLoyal

Status symbol mun

Ski -ing equipment trousers jackets etc on 22:40 - Nov 25 with 1248 viewsBrynmill_Jack

How will he find a hat anywhere near big enough??

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Ski -ing equipment trousers jackets etc on 22:42 - Nov 25 with 1246 viewsHighjack

Ski -ing equipment trousers jackets etc on 22:34 - Nov 25 by builthjack

Status symbol mun

Status?

Ski -ing equipment trousers jackets etc on 05:38 - Nov 26 with 1210 viewssatrdayboy

I went snowboarding a few years ago and hired salopettes from a place in Barry, sorry but can’t remember the name of the place.
Ski -ing equipment trousers jackets etc on 05:51 - Nov 26 with 1207 viewsjackal

When my son went skiing we hired from Mike Davies in Upper Killay.

It was a while ago so I can't say how he compares pricewise.
Ski -ing equipment trousers jackets etc on 08:42 - Nov 26 with 1166 viewsandyofsa6

Try Lidl the one near me had ski jackets for £20 and the trousers not sure of that price, the jacket is very good i got myself one.
Ski -ing equipment trousers jackets etc on 09:50 - Nov 26 with 1146 viewsjack247

Ski -ing equipment trousers jackets etc on 20:40 - Nov 25 by Highjack

Give it a try. It’s far more exhilarating than skiing. It’s normally the skiers who haven’t tried it that slag it off.

Hurts more mind and you have to go through that horrible ‘beginner’ week all over again.

I find you need decent conditions to snowboard though, skiing is more versatile.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024