Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rats 23:55 - Dec 27 with 5493 viewsSgorioFruit

There seems to be just one rat residing in my shed. I’m aware that they don’t usually come alone but I’m pretty sure there is just one in there.
Anyone dealt with rats before?
My garden is spotlessly clean, and all my house refuse is locked and sealed away in dustbins.
I think my shed has appealed to this rat because of a big bag of grass seed in there and a rolled up spare bit of carpet.
Tomorrow, I’m gutting the shed out, taking a lot of crap to the tip. Then when I can see the bare four walls I’m then going to seal up the shed so the fecker can’t get in.
I’ve got poison and traps to lay afterwards just incase. And an air rifle.

What’s been your experiences with rats?
[Post edited 27 Dec 2019 23:55]

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Rats on 00:02 - Dec 28 with 3918 viewsJack123

Iv'e had problems with the odd mouse, never rats! But the mice were fckers to catch in the house, had lots of traps down, still took weeks. But like everyone says on google seal up all entry points, and take all food sources away.

libera nos a malo

Rats on 00:03 - Dec 28 with 3916 viewsBanosswan

If you've seen one, you're infested.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Rats on 00:04 - Dec 28 with 3916 viewslifelong

It’s when they get in the wall cavities of your house the real problems arise.

Peanut butter in the traps is a good bait.
Rats on 00:13 - Dec 28 with 3892 viewsJack123

Rats on 00:04 - Dec 28 by lifelong

It’s when they get in the wall cavities of your house the real problems arise.

Peanut butter in the traps is a good bait.

I think for for rats though, one of those sort of bucket traps work best, seen quite a few videos on you tube where the rat sets the trap off, snaps bang on his neck, and he just wriggles away.

When i was researching how to get rid of mice, I came across this guy he kicks the rats ars e, mink and a dog..
[Post edited 28 Dec 2019 0:15]

libera nos a malo

Rats on 00:21 - Dec 28 with 3877 viewsSlugster664

Man to speak to on here for advice is Gundog

STID

Rats on 00:25 - Dec 28 with 3866 viewsmajorraglan

We live near a stream. About 3 years ago we had 1 in the garage, I suspect it came in when the garage door as left in for the tumble drier vent pipe. Had professionals out and they put poison down in the house and in bait bags in the garden including under the decking. The strong poison in the garage is still in situ, I have just left it there and keep an eye on it to see if there’s any activity, but the bait in the garden was taken. I came home 1 day and there was an horrendous smell in the kitchen, I went outside and there was a huge maggot infested dead rat on the decking.

Decking has been ripped up and been replaced by a patio, I still occasionally bait the boxes in the garden. Woman down the road feeds the birds which attracts rats, she uses traps with peanut butter, sometimes bacon fat. She reckons she catches loads.

Rats are neophobic and will avoid new things in their environment, so it may take them a week or so to get used to the poison/traps. If you are going down the poison route, I’d get a pro in because the poison’s we can buy are weak, the pro’s have access to top quality stuff.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2019 10:58]
Rats on 00:28 - Dec 28 with 3858 viewsJimmyGilligan

Council will come out and lay traps for you; had a few mice a few years ago and they laid a few traps around, although they never caught a single one. I only ever saw them dead after my cat had killed them
Rats on 00:39 - Dec 28 with 3839 viewsJoe_bradshaw

We had to stop feeding the birds a couple of years ago because it was attracting rats.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Login to get fewer ads

Rats on 00:40 - Dec 28 with 3837 viewsJack123

Rats on 00:28 - Dec 28 by JimmyGilligan

Council will come out and lay traps for you; had a few mice a few years ago and they laid a few traps around, although they never caught a single one. I only ever saw them dead after my cat had killed them

Did the council charge for it? Swansea council will just laugh at you if you call them out for mice, when I had my problem, the fella that came up, more or less said "do it yourself it will be cheaper".

libera nos a malo

Rats on 00:48 - Dec 28 with 3825 viewsJimmyGilligan

Rats on 00:40 - Dec 28 by Jack123

Did the council charge for it? Swansea council will just laugh at you if you call them out for mice, when I had my problem, the fella that came up, more or less said "do it yourself it will be cheaper".

Yes they charged, but they were cheaper than the other pest control companies I googled. I called them out for mice they didn't laugh at me but he's probably right if you can be bothered to do it yourself. Rats are a whole different game though.
Rats on 00:51 - Dec 28 with 3819 viewsHumpty

Beat it to death with a baseball bat but don't brag about it on Twitter.
Rats on 01:05 - Dec 28 with 3807 viewsJack123

Rats on 00:48 - Dec 28 by JimmyGilligan

Yes they charged, but they were cheaper than the other pest control companies I googled. I called them out for mice they didn't laugh at me but he's probably right if you can be bothered to do it yourself. Rats are a whole different game though.

Sorry, that was my wrong choice of words, saying laugh at you! It was just like he couldn't be bothered. he give me that impression anyway! Although at the time, I didn't know how to get rid of them.

Never had rats or mice in the house until that time, phoned them up and said " we got Rats" he looked at the droppings , and just give me a look of it's mice, sort it out yourself.

Edit Stellas kicking in, he said it's just mice, be cheaper to do it yourself,.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2019 1:23]

libera nos a malo

Rats on 06:07 - Dec 28 with 3710 viewspatchboy

caught mouse before with a chocolate mint in the trap.
Rats on 06:53 - Dec 28 with 3687 viewsdickythorpe

Use expanding foam to seal any gaps in corners of your shed /garage. Put a trap down as well.
Rats on 08:12 - Dec 28 with 3624 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Rats on 00:25 - Dec 28 by majorraglan

We live near a stream. About 3 years ago we had 1 in the garage, I suspect it came in when the garage door as left in for the tumble drier vent pipe. Had professionals out and they put poison down in the house and in bait bags in the garden including under the decking. The strong poison in the garage is still in situ, I have just left it there and keep an eye on it to see if there’s any activity, but the bait in the garden was taken. I came home 1 day and there was an horrendous smell in the kitchen, I went outside and there was a huge maggot infested dead rat on the decking.

Decking has been ripped up and been replaced by a patio, I still occasionally bait the boxes in the garden. Woman down the road feeds the birds which attracts rats, she uses traps with peanut butter, sometimes bacon fat. She reckons she catches loads.

Rats are neophobic and will avoid new things in their environment, so it may take them a week or so to get used to the poison/traps. If you are going down the poison route, I’d get a pro in because the poison’s we can buy are weak, the pro’s have access to top quality stuff.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2019 10:58]

The tumble drier vents if they are plastic are a weak point they’ll use to get in. One did it to mine and was in the house for a week. He took poison but completely avoided a glue trap set down by the pest controller! Luckily he died on my lounge floor , if he’d have retreated into the cavity the stink would have been horrendous.

Bucket traps sound ideal. And replace your vent with a chrome one.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Rats on 13:39 - Dec 28 with 3454 viewsswan85

Had mice, put marmalade on trap. For rats, father in law reckons get the poison that they take back to their nest (or your shed).

However if you had a Rat in the kitchen, what you gonna do?
Rats on 13:59 - Dec 28 with 3426 viewsmajorraglan

Rats on 13:39 - Dec 28 by swan85

Had mice, put marmalade on trap. For rats, father in law reckons get the poison that they take back to their nest (or your shed).

However if you had a Rat in the kitchen, what you gonna do?

Yes, they tend to use exactly the same routes all the time, another good place is to put the traps is at the side of the room as they tend to stick close to the walls.
Rats on 14:17 - Dec 28 with 3392 viewsHighjack

Are you sure it's not a Siberian hamster?

If so get a cat, a dog or an owl. Plant loads of smelly plants like mint. Maybe set to the shed with an industrial grade flamethrower. Mustard gas would also be effective.Make sure you wear goggles as you may experience a slight stinging sensation. Rats are also nocturnal so if you play Cat Steven's Morning is Broken on a loop it may confuse it into thinking it is always morning therefore it will stay asleep until it starves to death.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Rats on 15:48 - Dec 28 with 3332 viewscontroversial_jack

Rats on 00:02 - Dec 28 by Jack123

Iv'e had problems with the odd mouse, never rats! But the mice were fckers to catch in the house, had lots of traps down, still took weeks. But like everyone says on google seal up all entry points, and take all food sources away.

I have found mice quite easy to trap.Don't use the conventional wooden snap traps as they aren't so sensitive, use the plastic ones. and use chocolate.I have caught dozens over the years, but I believe rats are a different matter altogether
Rats on 16:30 - Dec 28 with 3287 viewsFlashberryjack

Rats on 00:39 - Dec 28 by Joe_bradshaw

We had to stop feeding the birds a couple of years ago because it was attracting rats.

One of the problems is people throwing large amounts of bread out for the birds.
Jackdaws and gulls pick them up and carry it everywhere drawing rats.

I've had a few rats in the garden, a mate of mine is a pest control officer, so I get some rat poison off him then put some in an old pipe, check and replenish every day until there's no poison taken, which means they're dead.

Rat free for another couple of months.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Rats on 16:52 - Dec 28 with 3266 viewsSwanjaxs

Had a mouse in the house last summer, bought a couple of catch and release traps that didn't work.

As time went on the mouse became more blasé, often running out from behind the couch and sitting in the middle of the room (in front of two dogs).

The wife phoned up a pest control company who sent a man around next day. He put down two loaded traps and four lots of poison and said he'd be back in a week to collect his traps.

A week later (and £200 lighter) around he comes to collect his traps. "All sorted he says" "like fuçk I say"...

Eventually managed to corner said mouse and pop a Tupperware container over him and released him unharmed down Singleton Park 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Rats on 17:19 - Dec 28 with 3239 viewsJohnw102

In our old house built 1880s we had rats in the loft, you could lay in bed and hear them running about. We used to go to the local farm shop and buy poison sachets which you just threw into the infected area. The rats would eat it and return to the nest where they would die, we would get about 3/4 months peace then it would start again Don't want to upset you but however much you seal gaps they will get in they can squeeze through the narrowest of gaps. They are like moles if you got them it is the devils own job to get shot of them. Good luck you are going to need it.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Rats on 17:59 - Dec 28 with 3193 viewsswan65split

Get a dog.
Rats on 18:34 - Dec 28 with 3149 viewsperplex

Rats are really cute, if its in your shed and there are no electrical wires for it to damage build a nice warm bed and give it a name.
Rats on 19:35 - Dec 28 with 3085 viewsGaryjack

Rats on 18:34 - Dec 28 by perplex

Rats are really cute, if its in your shed and there are no electrical wires for it to damage build a nice warm bed and give it a name.

Spread the love.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024