Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bob Monkhouse: The Last Stand 09:38 - Nov 21 with 870 viewsThrasher6

BBC Four tonight at 21.00. A must watch for anyone interested in comedy.....very very good

Cameras capture the quiz show host and comedian in the summer of 2003 - just months before his death - as he entertains a room full of fellow comics with stand-up, chat and a masterclass in his craft. The night became the stuff of legend among comedians, but was never transmitted in full until recently
[Post edited 21 Nov 2019 9:55]

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Bob Monkhouse: The Last Stand on 10:01 - Nov 21 with 846 viewsWxmJax

I remember seeing him do a late night TV show when I was in my teens. I'd only known him from the golden shot but there was nothing else on so watched him do his cabaret act. I'd never laughed so much in my life.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Bob Monkhouse: The Last Stand on 10:19 - Nov 21 with 838 viewsWarwickHunt

It’s stunning and utterly brilliant. A master craftsman and, underneath that oily gameshow host persona, a thoroughly lovely human being.

Very moving and also fûcking hilarious - his comic timing was just sublime. Should be compulsory viewing for some of the excuses for stand-ups on Live at the Apollo lately.
Bob Monkhouse: The Last Stand on 10:22 - Nov 21 with 834 viewsWarwickHunt

Bob Monkhouse: The Last Stand on 10:01 - Nov 21 by WxmJax

I remember seeing him do a late night TV show when I was in my teens. I'd only known him from the golden shot but there was nothing else on so watched him do his cabaret act. I'd never laughed so much in my life.

His “blue” shows were legendary.
Bob Monkhouse: The Last Stand on 13:20 - Nov 21 with 773 viewsWxmJax

Bob Monkhouse: The Last Stand on 10:22 - Nov 21 by WarwickHunt

Never seen them but I can imagine they would be. Going to be trouble in our house, Bob going up against the celebrity jungle.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Bob Monkhouse: The Last Stand on 13:22 - Nov 21 with 771 viewsWarwickHunt

Bob Monkhouse: The Last Stand on 13:20 - Nov 21 by WxmJax

Never seen them but I can imagine they would be. Going to be trouble in our house, Bob going up against the celebrity jungle.

Record it, mun.
Bob Monkhouse: The Last Stand on 13:29 - Nov 21 with 760 viewsHighjack

It’s been on YouTube for years. It really is brilliant. Those comedians who had to learn their craft by touring the pubs and clubs are a different class to those directly parachuted onto an endless stream of panel shows.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Bob Monkhouse: The Last Stand on 17:24 - Nov 21 with 694 viewsEbo

Yes seen this too. He has an amazing collection of VHS videos. Was this the one where he would document times and dates of things to watch and record?

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Bob Monkhouse: The Last Stand on 17:28 - Nov 21 with 691 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Bob Monkhouse: The Last Stand on 13:29 - Nov 21 by Highjack

It’s been on YouTube for years. It really is brilliant. Those comedians who had to learn their craft by touring the pubs and clubs are a different class to those directly parachuted onto an endless stream of panel shows.

I didn’t work for me. Toured loads of pubs and still can’t tell a joke. It’s been fun though

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Login to get fewer ads

Bob Monkhouse: The Last Stand on 17:34 - Nov 21 with 675 viewsmonmouth

Bob Monkhouse: The Last Stand on 10:22 - Nov 21 by WarwickHunt

Brilliant. I saw him in the Stoneleigh (I think) with my parents when I was much younger. I can't remember anything except laughing my nuts off. I loved it....mam was horrified, she thought he was 100% 'clean'

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Bob Monkhouse: The Last Stand on 17:34 - Nov 21 with 672 viewsbluey_the_blue

Loved that one of his best ever gags was used in Joker movie.
Bob Monkhouse: The Last Stand on 17:57 - Nov 21 with 651 viewsWarwickHunt

“I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. not screaming in terror like his passengers.”

“Sex is great at 74, especially when you live at 72”.

Never saw his show but my old man said he saw a set that had people in tears and then came back and did a late night “blue” show that was the funniest thing he’d ever seen.
Bob Monkhouse: The Last Stand on 19:01 - Nov 21 with 624 viewsmonmouth

Bob Monkhouse: The Last Stand on 17:34 - Nov 21 by bluey_the_blue

Loved that one of his best ever gags was used in Joker movie.

Used very badly because stupid Yankers don't get it.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Bob Monkhouse: The Last Stand on 22:08 - Nov 21 with 561 viewsNotLoyal

He was an absolute genius.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024